Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Growth from the first cell

In discussions with Richard and Rose, we have got to the point of acceptance, in whatever way it happened, that we have a living cell and is most likely a bacteria cell though if we can find simpler. that is better.

The bacteria cell must take in food at some point. For cells to divide and grow, food (nutrients) must be taken in. What nutrients does a bacteria cell require? Bacteria cells are easily grown as a culture in a petri dish where it has a supply of nutrient from what the culture is grown in. It is easy for cells to grow and divide as long as they continue to get nutrients.

I am trying to get my head around the first cell like that cultured in a petri dish developing any further outside of what is was that the first cell grew in. Was the first cell grown in a gaseous environment of a liquid environment? We know there is a vast number of different bacteria and that bacteria can survive in different hosts where they get their food source. Bacteria might be able to lie dormant until the next food source comes along.

Starting off from the first cell which could quickly divide, how does it move away from its food source to find another environment. Remember at the beginning, we do not have an abundance of hosts that bacteria can live on. The first few cells have to exist is some primordial soup or something. In whatever way the cells change when they multiply, they are dependent upon the food source.

How did the first cells change their food source or survive if the first food source was all used up? We have the transition from cells living in a liquid/sea environment adapting to an out of liquid/air environment.

In nature we see plants and animals growing from a single cell or seed. We know that seed or cell has all the information to produce a healthy adult provided it gets the right food sources and those sources are in plentiful supply all the time is is growing. We need food constantly for energy and to replace the cells that are dying within us.

In animals and humans we see that from the first egg/cell in the womb will grow an adult which then through sexual reproduction produces another single cell to start the process all over again.

In the process of growing, many animals and all humans, the moment the baby is born, it loses its food supply while connected through its umbilical cord. It can no longer take in the required food automatically once the umbilical cord is cut. In the case of of the human baby, it gets milk from its mother until grown enough to take in other food sources. It is similar with many animals. Somehow, the transition had to take place where the parent had to start feeding the offspring for it to survive.

It is taken for granted, but how did the first cell develop the genes that required its parent to feed it? How was it that the first parent had the instinct to feed its offspring? The species would soon die off without that factor built in. I want to know what was happening at the time of transition to where the offspring came dependent on its mother for feeding. Maybe you have a simple way to explain how this happened as I have not found a source to explain this to me.

Babies are so dependent upon adults to feed it. It simply cannot survive on its own if left at birth to fend for itself. Starting at the simplest point we can get to, how does this transition from self-feeding to being fed by a parent happen?

David
    Last edited by David M; 07-21-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Thread Information