Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    So you agree with Rashi and deny that Christ is Messiah?

Why then do you have any interest in the NT if you reject its central claim?
    I don't.

NT is written in Greek, not in KJV English.

Question put by Jesus:

"How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?"

And next:
    "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my master, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    David therefore himself calleth him master; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

In the Gospel of John Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave, Lazarus = Abraham's 318 servants, who assisted him in making his enemies his footstool.
    So Jesus became the "true" master of Lazarus (= Eliezer = my God is help).
    Because of this calling out of the grave the High Priest began to seek Jesus's death.
    Sadducees don't like gematria.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I don't.

NT is written in Greek, not in KJV English.

Question put by Jesus:

"How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?"

And next:
    "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my master, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    David therefore himself calleth him master; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

In the Gospel of John Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave, Lazarus = Abraham's 318 servants, who assisted him in making his enemies his footstool.
    So Jesus became the "true" master of Lazarus (= Eliezer = my God is help).
    Because of this calling out of the grave the High Priest began to seek Jesus's death.
    Sadducees don't like gematria.
    I'm not talking about the KJV. I'm talking about the Greek NT. It says the Psalm 110 is about Jesus. From what you have written, I get the impression that you think the NT is wrong and Psalm 110 is not about Jesus. Is this what you are saying?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I'm not talking about the KJV. I'm talking about the Greek NT. It says the Psalm 110 is about Jesus. From what you have written, I get the impression that you think the NT is wrong and Psalm 110 is not about Jesus. Is this what you are saying?
    I must think deeper on it.

There is some relation
    Abraham - Eliezer - promised seed - Jesus - Lazarus - beloved disciple (= me).

OK - I was totally dense about "Grandfather x 33" as meaning "33rd paternal ancestor." That's because I don't believe in your table of 66 generations so I wasn't thinking along those lines. Sorry!
    Consider, Richard,
    Four verses of scripture tell us that David ruled seven (7) years in Hebron, and thirty-three (33) in Jerusalem:
    2Sam5:5, 1Kings2:11, 1Chr3:4, 1Chr29:27

2Sam23:22: These things did Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and had the name among three mighty men.
    v23: He was more honourable than the thirty, but he attained not to the first three. And David set him over his guard. v24: Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty..

Understand you don't buy the 66 gens, but maybe the 33 to David?

The 3 groups of ten generations: Noah#10 in Gen5 / Abram#20 / Boaz#30 and David#33, because Ruth 4:18 skips 3 names.

Just checking. Maybe doesn't amount to much...
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Romans 8:34 might allude to Psalms 110:

Who then is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus who died —more than that, who was raised to life —is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Which indeed might be about the secret of the 153 large fish, remission of sin, which is a gematrial thing.
    "Sitting at the right hand" alluding to the world of gematria (like the number of 318 trained servants alluded to Eliezer).

From Mt 1:16 it appears that Jesus had a father named Joseph and grandpa named Jacob, which would also be the case for Ephraim and Manasseh (twins, you think?) -- or more like Jew & Gentile? You think?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Unregistered Guest

THE RESTORATION OF THE BLESSING OF THE FIRSTBORN

The theme of two brothers is very interesting in the Bible. The blessing often goes to the younger which is an inversion of the normal order.

Ishmael was Abraham's firstborn, but the blessing went to Isaac.

Esau was Isaac's firstborn, but the blessing went to Jacob.

I haven't thought about this for a while, but it seemed like there was some sort of pattern here.
    There is an interesting pattern here for sure.
    In a series of discussion with an Israeli friend of mine, which are included in one of the chapters of her book The Gate of Heaven,
    we wrote the following.

The Bible describes something that happened in the garden of Eden which is known as ׳the fall of man׳.
    That was an incident that somehow transferred Adam?s rights to rule the earth, to satan. That?s why Yeshua
    calls satan the ruler of this world (John 14:30, 12:31-33; Luke 4:5-6). And it seems as if satan had received
    the right over every firstborn as well. For we see that God never chooses the firstborn up to the time of Moses.

The firstborn of Adam, Cain, kills his brother Abel, and God chooses Seth (Genesis 5 mentions all the line of the
    chosen ones, disregarding the firstborn, Cain is not on the list). The generations before the flood end with
    Noah, and his purpose was to bring through the chosen seed of God, Genesis 5:28-29: And Lamech lived a hundred eighty
    and two years, and begat a son: And he called his name Noah, saying, this same SHALL COMFORT US concerning our work
    and toil of our hands, BECAUSE of the ground which the Lord hath CURSED. Shem, Noah's son was God's chosen one among
    the 3 sons of Noah.

They appear in the order "Shem, Ham, and Japheth" (Genesis 9:18, 10:1, 5:32), but Genesis 9:24 clearly states that Ham
    is the youngest, which in turn shows us that the list is not according to the order of birth but according to God?s choice.
    Additionally, Genesis 10:21 refers to Shem as "brother of Japheth the elder," which could mean that either is the eldest,
    but we will see how this is clarified: The Bible tells us that Noah had children when he was 500 years old (Genesis 5:32),
    and he was 600 years old when the flood came (Genesis 7:6). The Bible also tells us that Shem was 100 years old when
    he begat his first son, and that was two years after the flood (Genesis 11:10), which tells us that Shem was 98 years old
    at the time of the flood, so he cannot be the firstborn because Noah was 502 years old when Shem was born. Therefore, the
    correct order of birth is: Japheth (the firstborn), Shem, and Ham (the youngest). Shem was the second child, and he appears
    first on Genesis 5 because he was the chosen one.
    Ishmael, Abraham's firstborn, loses his birthright to Isaac. God chooses Isaac (Genesis 17:21).
    Esau, the firstborn of Isaac, loses his birthright to Jacob. God chooses Jacob (Romans 9:10-13).
    Menashe, Joseph's firstborn, loses the birthright blessings to Ephraim (Genesis 48:14). God chooses Ephraim (as a foreshadow
    of the church) through Israel/Jacob.

The Bible teaches us that God kills all the firstborn in Egypt, but of the children of Israel, God consecrates all firstborn taking back
    the birthright of the firstborn as we see in Numbers 3:13: FOR ALL THE FIRSTBORN ARE MINE. On the day that I struck down all
    the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I CONSECRATED FOR MY OWN ALL THE FIRSTBORN IN ISRAEL, both of man and of beast.
    THEY SHALL BE MINE: I AM THE LORD.?

Then we see in Exodus 4 that God sends Moses back to Egypt to deliver God?s people out of slavery, and on the way, God wanted
    to kill, either Moses or his firstborn (it is obscure). In either case, the reason was ?the circumcision of his firstborn son?. But his wife Zipporah
    saves him by quickly circumcising her firstborn.
    Exodus 4:21-26:
    And the Lord said to Moses, ?When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power.
    But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go. Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ?Thus says the Lord, ISRAEL IS MY FIRSTBORN
    SON, and I say to you, ?LET MY SON GO that he may serve me.? If you refuse to let him go, behold, I WILL KILL YOUR FIRSTBORN SON.??
    At a lodging place on the way the Lord met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and
    touched Moses' feet with it and said, ?Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me!? So He let him alone. It was then that she said,
    ?A BRIDEGROOM OF BLOOD," BECAUSE OF THE CIRCUMCISION?. ַויִֶרף ִמֶמנוּ אָז אְָמָרה ֲחַתן ָדִמים ַלמוּלֹת׃ ?A BRIDEGROOM OF BLOOD," BECAUSE OF
    THE CIRCUMCISION.

From the time of Moses onwards, the curse of the firstborn was broken, as it is written in Romans 5: ?death reigned from Adam to Moses?,
    in other words, God?s gift of Life began from Moses.

Romans 5:14: Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses.

----------------------------------------------------

This is just a short excerpt of course, but it is important to note that the order of blessing was reversed with Aharon and Moses. Aharon,
    the firstborn, was the one that received the blessing of becoming the Cohen Hagadol succeded by his children, not Moses'.

The animosity between older and younger brothers was somehow brought to a new level of harmony

"A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is when brothers live in harmony! It is like fine oil on the head,
    running down on the beard, running down Aaron?s beard over the collar of his robes.?"

The anointing of the firstborn fell again on a firstborn, God redeemed His firstborn just as He will redeem His people Israel in the coming times.

-C.

Thread Information