Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    So you agree with Rashi and deny that Christ is Messiah?

Why then do you have any interest in the NT if you reject its central claim?
    I don't.

NT is written in Greek, not in KJV English.

Question put by Jesus:

"How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?"

And next:
    "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my master, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    David therefore himself calleth him master; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

In the Gospel of John Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave, Lazarus = Abraham's 318 servants, who assisted him in making his enemies his footstool.
    So Jesus became the "true" master of Lazarus (= Eliezer = my God is help).
    Because of this calling out of the grave the High Priest began to seek Jesus's death.
    Sadducees don't like gematria.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I don't.

NT is written in Greek, not in KJV English.

Question put by Jesus:

"How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?"

And next:
    "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my master, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    David therefore himself calleth him master; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

In the Gospel of John Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave, Lazarus = Abraham's 318 servants, who assisted him in making his enemies his footstool.
    So Jesus became the "true" master of Lazarus (= Eliezer = my God is help).
    Because of this calling out of the grave the High Priest began to seek Jesus's death.
    Sadducees don't like gematria.
    I'm not talking about the KJV. I'm talking about the Greek NT. It says the Psalm 110 is about Jesus. From what you have written, I get the impression that you think the NT is wrong and Psalm 110 is not about Jesus. Is this what you are saying?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I'm not talking about the KJV. I'm talking about the Greek NT. It says the Psalm 110 is about Jesus. From what you have written, I get the impression that you think the NT is wrong and Psalm 110 is not about Jesus. Is this what you are saying?
    I must think deeper on it.

There is some relation
    Abraham - Eliezer - promised seed - Jesus - Lazarus - beloved disciple (= me).

OK - I was totally dense about "Grandfather x 33" as meaning "33rd paternal ancestor." That's because I don't believe in your table of 66 generations so I wasn't thinking along those lines. Sorry!
    Consider, Richard,
    Four verses of scripture tell us that David ruled seven (7) years in Hebron, and thirty-three (33) in Jerusalem:
    2Sam5:5, 1Kings2:11, 1Chr3:4, 1Chr29:27

2Sam23:22: These things did Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and had the name among three mighty men.
    v23: He was more honourable than the thirty, but he attained not to the first three. And David set him over his guard. v24: Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty..

Understand you don't buy the 66 gens, but maybe the 33 to David?

The 3 groups of ten generations: Noah#10 in Gen5 / Abram#20 / Boaz#30 and David#33, because Ruth 4:18 skips 3 names.

Just checking. Maybe doesn't amount to much...
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Romans 8:34 might allude to Psalms 110:

Who then is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus who died —more than that, who was raised to life —is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Which indeed might be about the secret of the 153 large fish, remission of sin, which is a gematrial thing.
    "Sitting at the right hand" alluding to the world of gematria (like the number of 318 trained servants alluded to Eliezer).

From Mt 1:16 it appears that Jesus had a father named Joseph and grandpa named Jacob, which would also be the case for Ephraim and Manasseh (twins, you think?) -- or more like Jew & Gentile? You think?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thread Information