Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

RAM, I know you believe it's Mary's husband in Matt 1:16, but I'm equally or
    moreso confident that it's her Father, and because that makes the Jacob there
    her grand-father -- it means to me that he's been "grand-fathered in"

1. Mary had a husband and a father, both named Joseph! (As we do-Isa54:5).

2. The Joseph in Egypt wasn't in Jesus genealogy -- neither was her husband.

3. The 33 generations to David in 3 groups of TEN, is followed by another 33
    generations to Jesus in the familiar 3 groups of Fourteen!

4. Every name in the 66 generations from Adam to Jesus is unique, except for
    the name Jacob in the 63rd. No other repeats among the 66 names.

5. Many names in the Luke 3 genealogy are copy-cat repeats.

6. The Matthew line is the King Line of David -- the Luke line is the Priest Line
    that goes from Nathan to Zacharias.

7. The name Joseph ('the Lord will add a son') applied to Benjamin in the OT,
    but can't you see how it also applies to the betrothed of Mary?
    It is written there are 77 generations from God to Jesus in Luke 3.

Are you saying the book of Luke is wrong?

This guy has a whole site devoted to this fact:

http://www.madewithouthands.net/6-76...tions-txt.html

I haven't read the whole link yet:

Extract:

The arrangement of the verses define the form and measures of the Holy of Holies

The arrangement of verses from Luke 3:23 to 3:38, where the generations of Jesus are listed in the King James bible, gives 3 names in verse 23, then 5 names per verse from 24 to 37 and 3 names in verse 38, this is 76 men born from Adam to and including Jesus, which is 75 men born between God and Jesus Christ. This gives a total of 77 persons including God and his son as the first and last.

The grouping of names in verses 24 through 37 defines 70 names, 14 x 5 = 70. If this is multiplied by the 3 names of verse 23 and then by the 3 names of verse 38, as 70 x 3 x 3 = 630, this defines the volume of a 28 board measure perimeter of the Holy of Holies in cubic cubits. According to the square board theory, each board of the Tabernacle was 1.5 x 1.5 x 10 = 22.5 cubic cubits in volume and there were 22 boards surrounding the Holy of Holies with a 6 board measure entrance area, for a total perimeter of 28 board measures, so 28 x 22.5 = 630 cubic cubits. If these same values are compared, as 3 + 3 x 70 = 420, this is = to the measure of the 28 board measure perimeter x the height of the boards, according to 28 board measures x 1.5 cubits per board x 10 = 420. The grouping of the names above also define the number of boards measured in the perimeter, there are 2 verses having 3 names each and 14 verses having 5 names each, if these values are compared, as 2 x 14 = 28, this is the total number of board measures of the perimeter. Similarly, 3 x 5 = 15, this is the square surface area of 1 board face, according to 1.5 cu. width x 10 cu. height, as 1.5 x 10 = 15. So defined in the grouping of the generations from God to Jesus Christ, as described in the gospel of Luke from the KJV, is the form of the 28 board measure perimeter of the Holy of Holies, according to the measure of this 28 board perimeter x its' height and the volume of this 4 sided perimeter, ( see illustration, "28 Board Measure Perimeter" ).

End Extract:
    Last edited by luke1978; 07-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Wouldn't worry about it -- Myself never heard of a rule like that, and am thinking of how "the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life". Interesting to
    follow these numbers, but to what end? And does God allow us to round off numbers? And Jesus made a remark, John2l:22 about someone tarrying till he returned..
    To my understanding John 21:22 is about Lazarus, Lazarus being the 318 trained servants with whom Abraham did gain victory over the four kings in favor of the five, Abraham being the master of whom Psalms 110 does speak: "Word of the Lord to my master"

on't know how that fits in exactly. Maybe gives a little more credence about Shem doing the writing or being Melchizedek. ha
    Melchizedek is said to be priest to the most high God buyer of heaven and earth. (Genesis 14:19)

"Most high" might allude to midheaven, the Medium Coeli, right above the top of your head.

Buyer = "koneh"- from "kanah"= to buy.

The Canaanites said be tradesmen.

Genesis 38:2,
    And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.

Rashi:
    Caaanite: Heb. כְּנַעִנִי [Onkelos renders] תַּגְרָא, a merchant.
    That Melchizedek was Shem follows then from Genesis 12:6,
    And Abram passed through the land, until the place of Shechem, until the oak of Moreh, and the Canaanites were then in the land.

Rashi:
    and the Canaanites were then in the land: He [the Canaanite] was gradually conquering the Land of Israel from the descendants of Shem, for it fell in Shem’s share when Noah apportioned the land to his sons, as it is said (below 14: 18):“And Malchizedek the king of Salem.” Therefore, (below verse 7): And the Lord said to Abram: To your seed will I give this land. I am destined to restore it to your children, who are of the descendants of Shem. [from Sifra, end of Kedoshim]

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    To my understanding John 21:22 is about Lazarus, Lazarus being the 318 trained servants with whom Abraham did gain victory over the four kings in favor of the five, Abraham being the master of whom Psalms 110 does speak: "Word of the Lord to my master"
    Where in the world did you get the idea that Psalm 110 was talking about Abraham? Peter plainly says it speaks of Christ:

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Where in the world did you get the idea that Psalm 110 was talking about Abraham? Peter plainly says it speaks of Christ:

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    Psalms 110 is about Genesis 14.

Psalms 110 is about Genesis 14.
    So you deny the words of Christ and Peter?

Matthew 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? 46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Mark 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. 37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly. 38 ¶ And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces, 39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts: 40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    So you deny the words of Christ and Peter?
    The clue of it might be that the Messiah isn't son of David at all.

The Pharisees expecting a physical descendant of David as Messiah.

The clue of it might be that the Messiah isn't son of David at all.

The Pharisees expecting a physical descendant of David as Messiah.
    If Christ was the Messiah, then the Pharisees were wrong.

Are you denying Christ was Messiah?

Check out my blog site

Messiah / Messias

Messiah/Messias
    twice in Daniel / twice in John

Dan9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince.."

Dan9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself.."

John4:25 "The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. v26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he".

John1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

And Jesus absolutely WAS a physical descendant of David: from Jacob to Joseph, to Mary to Jesus is like from #63 to #66 in the pedigree of Christ!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

And Jesus absolutely WAS a physical descendant of David: from Jacob to Joseph, to Mary to Jesus is like from #63 to #66 in the pedigree of Christ!
    Since when are Biblical genealogies reckoned through the mother's line? Christ was not the son of any man, so how could be be the "son of David" in any literal sense? Christians argue that he was "legally" the son of David because his step-dad was a literal son of David, but that means he was not the literal physical descendant of David.

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Jess was literally called the Son of David, if He is not, why didn't He publicly rebuked them?

Matthew 1:1
    The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matthew 9:27
    And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.

Matthew 12:23
    And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

Matthew 15:22
    And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 20:30
    And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.

Matthew 20:31
    And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.

Matthew 21:9
    And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Matthew 21:15
    And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased,

Matthew 22:42
    Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

God Blessed.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information