Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Oldest?

Thanks, sylvius, for the link. My own dating is only off by 1 year, which I think may have to do with the one-year Flood -- but close enough for gov. work (used to say..)
    Don't know about 'the oldest' -- found out the Ham and Japheth lines didn't lead to Abram, and not sure what order the trio were born, or whether it's important..

Name:  2ndTen.gif
Views: 41
Size:  75.8 KB
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

Thanks, sylvius, for the link. My own dating is only off by 1 year, which I think may have to do with the one-year Flood -- but close enough for gov. work (used to say..)
    Don't know about 'the oldest' -- found out the Ham and Japheth lines didn't lead to Abram, and not sure what order the trio were born, or whether it's important..

Name:  2ndTen.gif
Views: 41
Size:  75.8 KB
    Those dates are wrong. The Bible does not tell us the month of the birth of each person, so each date is off by an average of 6 months. This means that the dates are off by the number of generations times 6 months. That's a ten years uncertainty after 20 generations.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Shem did also outlive Isaac and Jacob.

Isaac was born in 2048, Jacob was born in 2108, Shem died in 2158, Ever in 2187.
    Abraham died in 2123.
    Esau sold his birthright on the day that Abraham died, so when he was 15 (and when Jacob of course was 15 too)
    Isaac died in 2228
    Jacob died in 2255

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Those dates are wrong. The Bible does not tell us the month of the birth of each person, so each date is off by an average of 6 months. This means that the dates are off by the number of generations times 6 months. That's a ten years uncertainty after 20 generations.
    I thought it was a "rule" that the birthday coincides the dying day.
    That it is reckoned with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post

Wouldn't worry about it -- Myself never heard of a rule like that, and am thinking of how "the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life". Interesting to
    follow these numbers, but to what end? And does God allow us to round off numbers? And Jesus made a remark, John2l:22 about someone tarrying till he returned..
    Don't know how that fits in exactly. Maybe gives a little more credence about Shem doing the writing or being Melchizedek. ha
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Then you thought wrong. There is not a word in the Bible that would support such a rule. It was just made up by someone who noticed that there would be no other way to invent doctrines based on those numbers if they adhered to what the Bible really says.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Wouldn't worry about it -- Myself never heard of a rule like that, and am thinking of how "the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life". Interesting to
    follow these numbers, but to what end? And does God allow us to round off numbers? And Jesus made a remark, John2l:22 about someone tarrying till he returned..
    Don't know how that fits in exactly. Maybe gives a little more credence about Shem doing the writing or being Melchizedek. ha
    Yeah, I agree. It's pretty silly to worry about things like facts, truth, and reality when there is a whole world of fantasy just waiting to be taught by the "spirit."

As for Melkizedek we have some interesting identities relating him to Jesus Christ:

754 = My Holy Name = Yehoshua HaMeshiach (Hb: Jesus Christ) = Melkizedek King of Peace

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It's pretty silly to worry about things like facts, truth, and reality when there is a whole world of fantasy just waiting to be taught by the "spirit."

As for Melkizedek we have some interesting identities relating him to Jesus Christ:

754 = My Holy Name = Yehoshua HaMeshiach (Hb: Jesus Christ) = Melkizedek King of Peace

HaHa - What's meticulous to me, is nitpicky to the other guy -- Right? And vice versus, of course.
    Melchi is an outstanding example of theophany or Christophany, like the swordsman to Joshua, or the 4th man in fiery furnace. Even so, he ties the accounts of Genesis, the Psalms, and Hebrews into a neat pkg. IMO.

HaHa - What's meticulous to me, is nitpicky to the other guy -- Right? And vice versus, of course.
    That's a very interesting point!

But when I think about it, I don't see anything meticulous about the way you work the genealogies to get 66 generations or the number of years. Both lines of reasoning are based on assumptions that seem erroneous to me. But hey! That's just me. Carry on!

Melchi is an outstanding example of theophany or Christophany, like the swordsman to Joshua, or the 4th man in fiery furnace. Even so, he ties the accounts of Genesis, the Psalms, and Hebrews into a neat pkg. IMO.
    Yeah, those three are pretty good OT Christophanies. Though the one with one with Melkizedek is the only one with good NT confirmation.

Check out my blog site

Grand-fathered !!

RAM, I know you believe it's Mary's husband in Matt 1:16, but I'm equally or
    moreso confident that it's her Father, and because that makes the Jacob there
    her grand-father -- it means to me that he's been "grand-fathered in"

1. Mary had a husband and a father, both named Joseph! (As we do-Isa54:5).

2. The Joseph in Egypt wasn't in Jesus genealogy -- neither was her husband.

3. The 33 generations to David in 3 groups of TEN, is followed by another 33
    generations to Jesus in the familiar 3 groups of Fourteen!

4. Every name in the 66 generations from Adam to Jesus is unique, except for
    the name Jacob in the 63rd. No other repeats among the 66 names.

5. Many names in the Luke 3 genealogy are copy-cat repeats.

6. The Matthew line is the King Line of David -- the Luke line is the Priest Line
    that goes from Nathan to Zacharias.

7. The name Joseph ('the Lord will add a son') applied to Benjamin in the OT,
    but can't you see how it also applies to the betrothed of Mary?

Thread Information