Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 273
  1. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    GorumetDan,

    I found this old post on Yahoo groups from someone using the name GourmetDan. It sounds a lot like you. Did you write these words, and if so, do you still believe them?
    Have you given up trying to defend evolution?

    You have claimed that books by evolutionary biologists are all that is needed to understand evolution, but have no examples of this assumed wisdom and claim that it is my fault that you do not.

    You claimed that some observed biological facts are not claimed as the result of evolution, but have provided no examples of such.

    And now you want to change the subject?

  2. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Moreover I am not my DNA.
    As most real biologists know anyway, it is not the genome that defines the phenotype it is the proteome, a much larger set.

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    And this is where the fallacies of Begging the Question and Affirming the Consequent come in. What 'is happening all around us' is defined as 'evolution' through the fallacy of Begging the Question. It is assumed that what 'is happening all around us' is 'evolution'. Then, everything that qualifies as biological 'change' is taken as support for the theory through the fallacy of Affirming the Consequent.


    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    The normal result of discussing the 'micro turns into macro over time' argument is that the Negative Proof Fallacy is invoked, where you claim that I must prove that micro cannot turn into macro rather than you proving that it does.


    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    Defining what you see as being evolution and then claiming that evolution is a FACT as a result of that definition is a very small circular-reasoning exercise. Shockingly small really, but regularly invoked by evolutionary believers.

    Nothing really there but logical fallacy.



    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    What is that? The fallacy of Appeal to Popular Opinion?
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    1.8 million year old skull found

    In the news...

    DMANISI, Georgia (AP) - The discovery of a 1.8-million-year-old skull of a human ancestor buried under a medieval Georgian village provides a vivid picture of early evolution and indicates our family tree may have fewer branches than some believe, scientists say. The fossil is the most complete pre-human skull uncovered. With other partial remains previously found at the rural site, it gives researchers the earliest evidence of human ancestors moving out of Africa and spreading north to the rest of the world, according to a study published Thursday in the journal Science. More on the story...




    Last edited by Rose; 10-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  5. #175
    Unregistered Guest
    I dont know much about evolution, but im anxiously waiting to hear the "indisputable" proof for it, that Richard and Rose have finally uncovered, and are now ready to share with the rest of the world. It must pretty convincing, to make them walk away from God after seeing it.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I dont know much about evolution, but im anxiously waiting to hear the "indisputable" proof for it, that Richard and Rose have finally uncovered, and are now ready to share with the rest of the world. It must pretty convincing, to make them walk away from God after seeing it.
    All we had to do was open our eyes! Maybe if you educated yourself on evolution you too would understand why the proof is indisputable.

    Once I realized how extremely biased the Bible was in favor of men, it was plain to see that its male authors created a warrior god in their own image. No true god could ever call himself righteous and just, yet ordain and sanction the unequal treatment of women. The Bible is filled with immoral behavior condoned and promoted by its god, once I becomes aware of that I could never feel the same about the Bible again. Just think how you would feel if your daughter was denied equal rights under the laws of the land simply because she is female ... well it's the same with the Biblegod.

    Take care
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    You have claimed that books by evolutionary biologists are all that is needed to understand evolution, but have no examples of this assumed wisdom and claim that it is my fault that you do not.
    Not true. I never claimed that "books by evolutionary biologists are all that is needed to understand evolution". In terms of logic, that is a straw man fallacy because you misrepresented my position. And in terms of morality, it is a lie designed to deceive.

    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough

    First, evolution is not "assumed". It began as a scientific hypothesis that has been rigorously tested and so now is a "scientific fact" not unlike gravity and electricity. There have been many related hypotheses that have been rejected because of the evidence, such as Lamarkianism. You simply don't have a clue about how science works. You are the incarnation of ignorance.
    Yes, it is assumed. What is observed is defined as being 'evolution' and is then held up as proof that 'evolution' is true. These are the fallacies of Begging the Question and Equivocation, nothing more.
    No, it is not assumed. The things that are observed are called "facts". Not everything that is observed is "defined as evolution". Your assertions are pathetically moronic. And worse, you have never defined what you mean by "evolution" and by your comments it is quite obvious you don't have a clue what the word actually means, so all your assertions concerning evolution are equivocations deliberately designed to deceive. From a biblical perspective, you are a lying son of the devil, and from a psychological perspective you are not much better.
    You claimed that some observed biological facts are not claimed as the result of evolution, but have provided no examples of such.
    Not true. I never claimed that "some observed biological facts are not claimed as the result of evolution". I said that the things that are observed are defined as "facts". I wrote that in response to your deliberate misrepresentation of scientific observations as being DEFINED as evolution. You put words in my mouth that I never said, and so have committed yet another straw man fallacy, which also is another deliberate lie designed to deceive.

    You have proven yourself to be utterly corrupt.

    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetDan View Post
    And now you want to change the subject?
    Ha! You won't even stand by your own words. A man who won't stand by his own words is no man at all.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    . A man who won't stand by his own words is no man at all.
    a primate?

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I dont know much about evolution, but im anxiously waiting to hear the "indisputable" proof for it, that Richard and Rose have finally uncovered, and are now ready to share with the rest of the world. It must pretty convincing, to make them walk away from God after seeing it.
    I find it rather unlikely that you are "anxious" to see the evidence, for if that were the case you would have found it long ago. It's not like it's hidden. The only people who don't see it are those who are simply ignorant and/or have been brainwashed by religious propaganda.

    And where did you get the idea that Rose and I quit Christianity because of evolution? There are countless Christians who accept the evidence for evolution. Even Catholic Popes have said that evolution is a scientific fact. For example, here is a quote from Pope Benedict XVI speaking about the "absurdity" of the clash between creationism and evolution:

    Pope Benedict XVI said the debate raging in some countries — particularly the United States and his native Germany — between creationism and evolution was an “absurdity,” saying that evolution can coexist with faith.

    The pontiff, speaking as he was concluding his holiday in northern Italy, also said that while there is much scientific proof to support evolution, the theory could not exclude a role by God.

    “They are presented as alternatives that exclude each other,” the pope said. “This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such.”
    Rose and I quit Christianity because we don't believe it any more. We don't believe that the true God, if one exists, could have commanded the genocidal murder of every man, woman, and child of the Midianites except for 32,000 sexy virgins that were the distributed to the brutal soldiers that had just slaughtered every person they ever loved. We can not believe that the true God could inspire a religion that condones slavery, genocide, and sexism (see my article The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible and Rose's online book The Male Bias of the Bible). We cannot believe that all the contradictions, errors, absurdities, superstitions, and mythologies in the Bible are true. And after years participating with every variety of "Christian" on internet forums, we finally came to see that there is on such thing as "Christianity" at all, but rather a bedlam of confused and contradictory "Christianities" that are really nothing but competing cults. Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox, ten thousand varieties of Protestants, Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Harold Camping followers, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    a primate?
    More like a degenerate human.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •