Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Good morning Richard

We all have the problem of not being there at the beginning to know exactly what happened.

The theory of Evolution remains an unproven theory. The problems (gaps) are massive stumbling blocks yet you dismiss these. Evolution is a man-made concept which should be regarded as a work of fiction the same as you now ascribe to the Bible. You tell me that the Bible is not inspired and I should not believe it, so what makes any books written about Evolution any more believable?

You will have to explain how the theory of Evolution is used to great success. The theory remains a theory to me, because it has not been proven. A new piece of jigsaw found to fit part of the picture is not evidence that the piece belongs to that jigsaw. Until all the pieces have been fitted together no-one can be sure that all the pieces belong to the same puzzle. The picture is only complete when there are no gaps to be filled.

I and many other intelligent minds can understand science and that is why I have to believe in the Creator who has given us the the simple reasons why and how we are here, which science does not give the answers to.

David
    Good morning David

It was a pleasure to read your reply as many of your points are in harmony with my thinking and I hope you don't mind that I selected just a few to illustrate that point.

I too have a high regard for science and I believe it is the primary key that God has entrusted to man to unlock the wonders of His marvelous creation! As with any gift from God, it can be misused and/or abused. Proponents of chance theories, just as proponents of intelligent design, must rely on some form of evidence, much of which is unseen, therefore, it is in essence an exercise of faith on both parties.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, Faith in God as the Creator answers for me the most important questions in life... Origin, Purpose, Morality and Destiny. I once lived my life in such a way as to give very little thought to any of these issues. If one pauses to consider the possibility that the God of the Bible IS GOD, that can change the entire focus and purpose of one's life, as it did mine, not to mention the "what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" question.

Richard, much to his credit, has provoked me to study this subject more than I have in my recent past, and the more I examine the evidence that convinces the naturalist that creation is the random product of time+matter+chance, the riskier it becomes for him to depend on it. There is simply not enough convincing evidence to muster any confidence on my part to accept these speculations. In addition, it would require me to somehow forget Him, Whom to know is Life Eternal. Now if someone wants evidence, he should ask it of God. After all, if he provided it to me, no one should be precluded.

In conclusion, The evidence for a creation without a creator, in my humble opinion, requires not just one, but many great leaps of faith.

Your brother in Christ.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jce View Post
    Good morning David

It was a pleasure to read your reply as many of your points are in harmony with my thinking and I hope you don't mind that I selected just a few to illustrate that point.

I too have a high regard for science and I believe it is the primary key that God has entrusted to man to unlock the wonders of His marvelous creation! As with any gift from God, it can be misused and/or abused. Proponents of chance theories, just as proponents of intelligent design, must rely on some form of evidence, much of which is unseen, therefore, it is in essence an exercise of faith on both parties.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, Faith in God as the Creator answers for me the most important questions in life... Origin, Purpose, Morality and Destiny. I once lived my life in such a way as to give very little thought to any of these issues. If one pauses to consider the possibility that the God of the Bible IS GOD, that can change the entire focus and purpose of one's life, as it did mine, not to mention the "what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" question.

Richard, much to his credit, has provoked me to study this subject more than I have in my recent past, and the more I examine the evidence that convinces the naturalist that creation is the random product of time+matter+chance, the riskier it becomes for him to depend on it. There is simply not enough convincing evidence to muster any confidence on my part to accept these speculations. In addition, it would require me to somehow forget Him, Whom to know is Life Eternal. Now if someone wants evidence, he should ask it of God. After all, if he provided it to me, no one should be precluded.

In conclusion, The evidence for a creation without a creator, in my humble opinion, requires not just one, but many great leaps of faith.

Your brother in Christ.

John
    Hello John

It has taken me a while to come back to this thread and say thanks for your reply. It is easy to get side-tracked with other threads and being challenged with questions to respond to.

It is good that we are in close agreement on many things concerning God's Truth. God has given us the answers, Evolution cannot. There is no hope of any kind for the future with Evolution for Evolution has no purpose; it has nothing to achieve. In fact man has very little hope in himself as I can see for man is destroying this planet and would destroy himself unless God intervenes as He has said He will.

It is good that we are both looking forward to the coming of Christ and the setting up of God's kingdom. This forum has been a good challenge and nothing has been said to make me change the beliefs that I have which have come from studying God's word. All we can do is keep challenging those who teach the contrary on this forum, claiming that the Bible was written by Bronze-Age men and the Bible is not the inspired writings of God. Alas, the Bible is a large book packed with examples that teach us life's lessons. it is a pity that those lessons are not being taken on board. The Bible is the only book that gives us the answers to life's questions and knowing the Bible well is a life-time's study and then I shall not have found out everything there is to know that has been recorded.

I shall continue to enjoy reading your contributions when debating with Richard and Rose.

Yes, we are bothers-in-Christ.

All the best,

David

Thread Information