Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Alphabetic pattern in psalm 25?

Don't have the time to post and describe the psalm but i noticed an alphabetic pattern in psalm 25's 1st 4 verses with words like in thee, ashamed, way.

Psa 25:1 ΒΆ [[[A Psalm] of David.]] Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

Psa 25:2 * O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Psa 25:3 * Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Psa 25:4 * Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Psa 25:5 * Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou [art] the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psa 25:6 * Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they [have been] ever of old.

Psa 25:7 * Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

(KJV) Psalms 51:1
    1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.]] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Psa 25:8 * Good and upright [is] the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

Psa 25:9 * The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psa 25:10 * All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Psa 25:11 * For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it [is] great.

Psa 25:12 * What man [is] he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way [that] he shall choose.

Psa 25:13 * His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psa 25:14 * The secret of the LORD [is] with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Psa 25:15 * Mine eyes [are] ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

Psa 25:16 * Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I [am] desolate and afflicted.

Psa 25:17 * The troubles of my heart are enlarged: [O] bring thou me out of my distresses.

Psa 25:18 * Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

Psa 25:19 * Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

Psa 25:20 * O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Psa 25:21 * Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Psa 25:22 * Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

Well the first verses give the impression of an alphabetic/thematic pattern. Ashamed goes back to Genesis 3.
    Last edited by gilgal; 06-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.

You lost me, Gil -- what's your point?
    We sing these first verses in church, and can be very impressive. OMG, I Trust in Thee, Let me not be ashamed, Let not my enemies triumph over me! Great song!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

You lost me, Gil -- what's your point?
    We sing these first verses in church, and can be very impressive. OMG, I Trust in Thee, Let me not be ashamed, Let not my enemies triumph over me! Great song!
    Definitely! But maybe there's more to it.

My bad. Sorry to interrupt your locomotive of thought... Won't happen again.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

My bad. Sorry to interrupt your locomotive of thought... Won't happen again.
    I need to read it thoroughly. It does have 22 verses.
    I look at it as someone who has an appreciation for art to try to understand the meaning.

Compare verse 7 to psalm 51:1 spoke 7:

Psa 25:7 * Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

(KJV) Psalms 51:1
    1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.]] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Thread Information