Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776

    Dreams and Visions for Americans

    Over twenty years ago, Rick Wiles - a Christian - received a vision which caused him to give up his job to start his own radio station, to warn Americans about what is coming to your land and nation. Others have been having similar revelations, and last week he ran (and is still running) a series of interviews with these other isloated American Christians.

    Each day he broadcasts for an hour, which is then made available for download or 'listen again'. I just listened to Friday's (May 18) and realise one could turn the testimony of the interviewee on its head if one wanted to disbelieve his experience and research. However you slice it, it's a sobering interview.

    www.trunews.com
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Over twenty years ago, Rick Wiles - a Christian - received a vision which caused him to give up his job to start his own radio station, to warn Americans about what is coming to your land and nation. Others have been having similar revelations, and last week he ran (and is still running) a series of interviews with these other isloated American Christians.

    Each day he broadcasts for an hour, which is then made available for download or 'listen again'. I just listened to Friday's (May 18) and realise one could turn the testimony of the interviewee on its head if one wanted to disbelieve his experience and research. However you slice it, it's a sobering interview.

    www.trunews.com
    Thanks for the link Charisma. I've downloaded the May 18th mp3 to my iPhone and will listen to it while I'm driving the stray momma cat with her three kittens that we captured down to the humane society. They breed like rabbits out here in the hinterland of Yakima where we live.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776

    Dreams and Visions for Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Thanks for the link Charisma. I've downloaded the May 18th mp3 to my iPhone and will listen to it while I'm driving the stray momma cat with her three kittens that we captured down to the humane society. They breed like rabbits out here in the hinterland of Yakima where we live.
    Awww! I will try to listen to some of the earlier discussions, too. It's a while since I listened to Rick Wiles regularly. I noticed his voice seems softer and more resigned to the outworking of what has God showed him.

    I know he, and the others whom he interviews are not alone. For several years now, I've been coming across other Americans who've had the kind of dreams of different kinds of destruction coming, that these watchmen have had.



    Now, on another forum, someone posted this. I checked out the website (www.thelordshour.com) and can't find this particular video (below) but he does boldly predict the destruction of New York (This is not a new prediction, but time is closing in.) (as well as California, the latter being very soon, he says).




    Although I don't believe in a seven year tribulation, I see no reason to throw out every single prediction this man offers.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Awww! I will try to listen to some of the earlier discussions, too. It's a while since I listened to Rick Wiles regularly. I noticed his voice seems softer and more resigned to the outworking of what has God showed him.

    I know he, and the others whom he interviews are not alone. For several years now, I've been coming across other Americans who've had the kind of dreams of different kinds of destruction coming, that these watchmen have had.
    Well, "watchmen" have been predicting doomsday for 2000 years, and they all have one thing in common - they ALWAYS been wrong!

    Why would you believe any of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Now, on another forum, someone posted this. I checked out the website (www.thelordshour.com) and can't find this particular video (below) but he does boldly predict the destruction of New York (This is not a new prediction, but time is closing in.) (as well as California, the latter being very soon, he says).




    Although I don't believe in a seven year tribulation, I see no reason to throw out every single prediction this man offers.
    That guy sounds like a typical doomsday loon. Why would anyone believe a word he says? I just don't get it. And besides, he's already been proven false. The video has been on YouTube for at least eight months, and he was predicting all the destruction to come down within a month of the time he spoke. So he's already been proven to be just another false doomsday prophet.

    Why do you believe these kinds of people? Do you believe anyone just because they say that Jesus talked to them?

    Great chatting my friend!

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776

    Dreams and Visions for Americans

    Hi Richard,

    Regarding the video I posted, I don't know what to make of it, except that he specifically mentions May and June.

    However, not all watchmen are 'wrong'. Have you read David Wilkerson's 'The Vision'?

    He may have given forty years warning of what we're living through now, but, he wasn't 'wrong', no matter how unlikely his observations seemed at the time.

    Why would you believe any of them?
    That's a good question. I didn't say I believed the guy in the video, but I'm not prepared to write off his words, completely; even if it's another few years before California has a major quake; the foretelling that New York is going to have a major disaster I do believe, and that the same event may reach halfway west at a similar latitude has been predicted by too many 'watchmen' to ignore.

    Time will tell.

    My main interest is because of the several dear friends I've made scattered across the US in the last ten years, some of whom may be affected at least. Many times our minds deceive us when we're feeling unsettled, but those who are led by the Holy Spirit, if they obey Him, can find themselves not in the wrong place at the wrong time - although I'm not saying that believers who die in disasters were in the 'wrong place at the wrong time'.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi Richard,

    Regarding the video I posted, I don't know what to make of it, except that he specifically mentions May and June.

    However, not all watchmen are 'wrong'. Have you read David Wilkerson's 'The Vision'?

    He may have given forty years warning of what we're living through now, but, he wasn't 'wrong', no matter how unlikely his observations seemed at the time.
    Why would you believe any of them?
    That's a good question. I didn't say I believed the guy in the video, but I'm not prepared to write off his words, completely; even if it's another few years before California has a major quake; the foretelling that New York is going to have a major disaster I do believe, and that the same event may reach halfway west at a similar latitude has been predicted by too many 'watchmen' to ignore.

    Time will tell.

    My main interest is because of the several dear friends I've made scattered across the US in the last ten years, some of whom may be affected at least. Many times our minds deceive us when we're feeling unsettled, but those who are led by the Holy Spirit, if they obey Him, can find themselves not in the wrong place at the wrong time - although I'm not saying that believers who die in disasters were in the 'wrong place at the wrong time'.
    Hi Charisma,

    I have not read Wilkerson's book, and can't imagine why you would ask. The full title of the book is "The Vision: A Terrifying Prophecy of Doomsday that is Starting to Happen Now!" It was written 38 years ago in 1974! It is a prime example of a prophecy that failed on a grand scale, not unlike Harold Camping's prediction of the rapture last May 21. Why anyone would believe any of it mystifies me.

    The self-proclaimed "watchmen" are all ignorant, delusional, or liars. They breed a contempt for the truth when they make false prophecies in the name of God. How any Christian could believe them for a minute mystifies me. The watchmen lift themselves up as "prophets" as if they were hearing from God Himself. Wilkerson repeatedly said he was getting his information from God. And when they are wrong, all their followers make up excuses for them and continue to follow them - which reveals their contempt for the truth. Anyone with an ounce of respect for truth would expose the falsehoods, not try to make excuses for them. But they just keep going on and on with their false predictions, claiming that they are "watchmen" who hear from God Himself! What arrogance! It's one thing to make a false prediction and to repent of such foolishness. It's quite another to keep it going year after year, spreading fear, doom, and gloom in the name of Christ and the Almighty Dollar (which the fleece from the sheep in abundance).

    I'm so sorry to see that you are letting their false doomsday predictions affect your heart and mind and take your peace from you. You would do well to flee from such an insidious influence.

    I'm very optimistic about everything. I've already had a good life, so everything now is icing on the cake. I have no fears of any kind. It is a joyous way to be. I hope you can find your way to this place of peace.

    All the very best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776

    Dreams and Visions for Americans

    Hi Richard,

    Thank you for your good wishes for my future happiness. I have found more than ever I dared hope (in time past) in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    I'm so sorry to see that you are letting their false doomsday predictions affect your heart and mind and take your peace from you. You would do well to flee from such an insidious influence.

    I'm very optimistic about everything. I've already had a good life, so everything now is icing on the cake. I have no fears of any kind. It is a joyous way to be. I hope you can find your way to this place of peace.
    My peace has not been taken from me by David Wilkerson's vision.

    On the contrary, as I see it coming to pass - which it is - I am comforted by God's kindness to mankind in His warnings, so that men may flee TO HIM for the salvation of their souls before it is too late (for them); as He is not willing that any should perish.

    The strength of your work on the Bible Wheel is that you examined the evidence as fully as you could.

    In the case of the Vision, which was written before you were an adult, you might be surprised if you did read it, and if you did the necessary research on the secular climate and predictions of its day, at how unexpectedly (to the secular world) accurate, is the word God gave David Wilkerson.

    The kind of 'toleration' which is intolerant of the Christian faith will soon be seen for what it is, as Christians are gradually edged out of mainsteam society, and the services for which they pay tax, are denied them. I hope that when the day comes, in the integrity of your 'faith', you will stand up for their right to freedom of worship. (I feel you would want to.) The insidious influence I see in the western world today, was encapsulated by the apostle Paul in Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.


    Everything he said there, is true. It is not 'new', in our day and age.

    Those who honour God will be honoured by Him in that He will keep His word to them, to bless them with what they need - whatever the need at the time. The most important need, is a relationship with Him (of obedience) such that when we die, we know He will be able to say He knows us.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi Richard,

    Thank you for your good wishes for my future happiness. I have found more than ever I dared hope (in time past) in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    My peace has not been taken from me by David Wilkerson's vision.

    On the contrary, as I see it coming to pass - which it is - I am comforted by God's kindness to mankind in His warnings, so that men may flee TO HIM for the salvation of their souls before it is too late (for them); as He is not willing that any should perish.

    The strength of your work on the Bible Wheel is that you examined the evidence as fully as you could.

    In the case of the Vision, which was written before you were an adult, you might be surprised if you did read it, and if you did the necessary research on the secular climate and predictions of its day, at how unexpectedly (to the secular world) accurate, is the word God gave David Wilkerson.

    The kind of 'toleration' which is intolerant of the Christian faith will soon be seen for what it is, as Christians are gradually edged out of mainsteam society, and the services for which they pay tax, are denied them. I hope that when the day comes, in the integrity of your 'faith', you will stand up for their right to freedom of worship. (I feel you would want to.) The insidious influence I see in the western world today, was encapsulated by the apostle Paul in Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.


    Everything he said there, is true. It is not 'new', in our day and age.

    Those who honour God will be honoured by Him in that He will keep His word to them, to bless them with what they need - whatever the need at the time. The most important need, is a relationship with Him (of obedience) such that when we die, we know He will be able to say He knows us.
    Hey there Charisma,

    I don't know how you can listen to and believe a "terrifying prophecy of doomsday" and not feel somewhat disturbed. Their preaching is filled with the spirit of terror. They are not amongst those who "honour God" and God certainly will not honour them for spreading lies in his name.

    How can you say that false predictions show "God's kindness to mankind in His warnings"? They are not warnings from God! They are FALSE! They did not come true. They make a mockery of the very word "truth."

    Wilkerson is a false prophet. Nothing could be more clear. He has made countless false prophesies. He said doomsday was starting in 1974! He told people to hoard food for a calamity that never came to be. It is a gross perversion of truth to twist his words and pretend that he was really making a prediction of things that wouldn't happen for another 38 years! If Christians cannot speak the truth when it is as obvious as this, why should anyone believe them when the preach the Gospel? They have destroyed their integrity and shown themselves enemies of truth.

    Look at this prediction Wilkerson made:
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wilkerson
    I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

    AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

    For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires—such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.
    Did those words come true? Nope - not one word of them! They are just as false as his prediction of "doomsday" starting back in 1974!

    And most importantly, these false warnings which have been spewed out in every generation for 2000 years do NOT lead people to Christ! On the contrary, they make a mockery of Christianity and make Christians look like deluded fools. They drive away anyone with an authentic respect for truth. Anyone with any sense of truth and reality can see these raving delusions for what they are, and will flee from the religion that causes people to say and believe and defend such blatant falsehoods. The fruit from this tree is rotten to the core.

    Matthew 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776

    Dreeams and Visions for Americans

    Hi Richard,

    First let me say, I'm not sure anywhere on earth is immune from God's judgement. The Bible shows us how longsuffering He is - and that with His own people. But no-one escapes being judged by the standard He has set forth in scripture - goodness, righteousness and truth (as defined by Him).

    I don't know how you can listen to and believe a "terrifying prophecy of doomsday" and not feel somewhat disturbed.
    Yeah, you're right. Perhaps there is something wrong with me. Or, I might just be suffering from faith in God

    One thing about the rest of your reply is slightly concerning, namely, your assertion that because David Wilkerson's predictions haven't all come true within thirty-eight years, THEREFORE THEY ARE 'FALSE'. Really? (If you read the book, you'd know why I'm so sure you're mistaken.)

    In the world's history of men of God forthtelling what He had shown them, many - notably Noah, Moses, Isaiah, Daniel and Jesus Christ - (to name but five), demonstrably waited (in Noah's case), foresaw or foretold, hundreds of years ahead of the outworking of events.

    What often strikes me when I read such prophecies, is that God left it in the hands of the people to cleave unto Him, thereby avoiding His threadtened judgements. But did they? Even knowing they were incurring Hs wrath? (I think you know the answer - Assyria and all that.)
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    One thing about the rest of your reply is slightly concerning, namely, your assertion that because David Wilkerson's predictions haven't all come true within thirty-eight years, THEREFORE THEY ARE 'FALSE'. Really? (If you read the book, you'd know why I'm so sure you're mistaken.)

    In the world's history of men of God forthtelling what He had shown them, many - notably Noah, Moses, Isaiah, Daniel and Jesus Christ - (to name but five), demonstrably waited (in Noah's case), foresaw or foretold, hundreds of years ahead of the outworking of events.
    Good afternoon Charisma,

    I don't understand your answer. If David Wilkerson had prophesied the events were not going to start for another 38 years, then OK. But that's not what he said. On the contrary, he was emphatic that the events of his vision were actually "starting to happen" back in 1974. He titled his book saying that very thing. "The Vision: A Terrifying Prophecy of Doomsday that is Starting to Happen Now!" How long do we have to wait before we declare him a false prophet? Another thousand years?

    Can you give me one reason to think that David Wilkerson was a true prophet? Just one? People like him have been making false predictions for 2000 years now. Harold Camping's followers gave him 80 MILLION DOLLARS over a span of five years. There is no end to the gullibility of Christians. Unbelievers see this and know their rejection of Christianity is justified. If Christians can't see or admit truth while it stares them in the face, why should anyone believe what they say about the reality of their faith in Jesus or the events that happened 2000 years ago?

    All the best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •