Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    Consciousness Studies

    Interesting video on the possible origins of consciousness...

    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #2
    Luke1978 Guest

    Consciousness Studies

    When you fall unconcious you arrive at the next moment of conciousness immediately. You step out of time for a while. However if your human body loses the functionality to wake up an eternity could go by in an instant and you will arrive in your next state of being.

    For me that is with Christ. However from a non religous view if everything was random chance your exact same conciousness has an infinite chance of existing again so complete death would be an instant movement to the next concious moment. By infinite chance you may even get to an incarnation of immortality. You made it once if your reading this!

    However I'll stick with Jesus but I don't mind a bit of quantum physics. Even if conciousness is in the brain where is the brain? - It's non local.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke1978 View Post
    When you fall unconscious you arrive at the next moment of consciousness immediately. You step out of time for a while. However if your human body loses the functionality to wake up an eternity could go by in an instant and you will arrive in your next state of being.

    For me that is with Christ. However from a non religious view if everything was random chance your exact same consciousness has an infinite chance of existing again so complete death would be an instant movement to the next conscious moment. By infinite chance you may even get to an incarnation of immortality. You made it once if your reading this!

    However I'll stick with Jesus but I don't mind a bit of quantum physics. Even if consciousness is in the brain where is the brain? - It's non local.
    Hi Luke,

    Welcome to the forum...

    Maybe, when ones consciousness departs this body it re-unites with the universal consciousness, and adds to the whole of a growing knowledge base. In this manner knowledge continues to grow and expand, and as more and more people become aware of our connectedness through understanding our oneness (being part of the whole), human consciousness rises. As each new life comes into existence consciousness emerges through it and experiences life, that experience is what expands the knowledge of the whole in a continuous cycle of increase.

    Everything has unfolded out of the same source, so everything is connected. If we could infold everything in the universe, it would eventually end up at one single point of beginning...everything came from that singularity.

    Amazing stuff to think about...

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Luke,

    Welcome to the forum...

    Maybe, when ones consciousness departs this body it re-unites with the universal consciousness, and adds to the whole of a growing knowledge base. In this manner knowledge continues to grow and expand, and as more and more people become aware of our connectedness through understanding our oneness (being part of the whole), human consciousness rises. As each new life comes into existence consciousness emerges through it and experiences life, that experience is what expands the knowledge of the whole in a continuous cycle of increase.

    Everything has unfolded out of the same source, so everything is connected. If we could infold everything in the universe, it would eventually end up at one single point of beginning...everything came from that singularity.

    Amazing stuff to think about...

    Rose
    A heap of craps! Please explain in simple terms.

    When consciousness departs from the body, it is UNCONSCIOUSNESS.

    God Bless
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  5. #5
    Luke1978abc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    A heap of craps! Please explain in simple terms.

    When consciousness departs from the body, it is UNCONSCIOUSNESS.

    God Bless
    Departs to where? - We live in a non local reality. Actually we exist in a singularity. We are all everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

    Chech this out:

    http://www.plim.org/nonlocal.htm

    Message to forum admin: I registered an account as Luke1978 but it is still not activated. I think I like this site! - Freedom of ideas :-)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke1978abc View Post
    Departs to where? - We live in a non local reality. Actually we exist in a singularity. We are all everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

    Chech this out:

    http://www.plim.org/nonlocal.htm

    Message to forum admin: I registered an account as Luke1978 but it is still not activated. I think I like this site! - Freedom of ideas :-)
    Fascinating ideas Luke. I agree that reality is non-local (Bell's theorem and EPR have proven that) but I'm not sure what you mean when you say we live in a "singularity." A singularity has zero dimension, so there is no space in it. Are you saying that space is some sort of illusion? But that's where we got the ideas for our science which led to the idea of a singularity. Kinda loopy ...

    I've activated your account. Sorry for the delay. It's good to have you on board.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane - Australia
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Fascinating ideas Luke. I agree that reality is non-local (Bell's theorem and EPR have proven that) but I'm not sure what you mean when you say we live in a "singularity." A singularity has zero dimension, so there is no space in it. Are you saying that space is some sort of illusion? But that's where we got the ideas for our science which led to the idea of a singularity. Kinda loopy ...

    I've activated your account. Sorry for the delay. It's good to have you on board.
    I have come to the conclusion there are 0 dimensions. We are actually nowhere but everywhere and we exist in the all that is. The creator creates 3 dimensions for us to experience.

    In the beginning of the Bible the creation takes 6 days(Evenings, Mornings and days) = 6 Evenings, 6 Mornings and 6 days(666 = incomplete and humanities number). Our journey through life is to achieve 777.

    The God of "Time and love" has encoded the Bible with this 777 message. Many things Christian fundamentalists do not see is these numbers. All of these bizarre stories in the bible point us to Christ who is 77 and the pathway to God via the Holy Spirit = 777

    I read your testimony about why you are not a Christian anymore. I consider myself a Christian however I just believe that Christ intervened through time and space as the incarnation of God who is outside time.

    Look at this:

    1.Honor Self - WHO Will lead me to God? - I am the good Shepherd - John 10:11 - Honor Jesus

    2.Evil - WHY am I trapped in darkness and sin? - I am the light of the world - John 8:12 - Holy

    3.Adultery - HOW do I renew myself? - I am the resurrection and the life - John 11:25 - Reborn, New life

    4.Greed - WHAT will make me stop hungering for worldly things - I am the bread of life - John 6:35 - Generosity

    5.Deceit - WHEN will I know the truth? - I am the true vine - John 15:1 - Truth

    6.Covet - WHERE is humbleness and the door to heaven? - I am the door - John 10:7 - To God be thankful

    7.Hate, Revenge - WHICH Way will lead me to God? - I am the way, the truth and the light - John 14:6 - Agape love, Forgiveness

    So we live in 0 dimensions and God created us to become like him. In his image and likeness. This creation is a spiritual creation and even though it has literal meaning(To encompass different times in history. Flat earth etc) I don't believe it is talking about the creation of the physical. God is not in the image of a person which should be one clue. Also from Gen 2:4 it explains a more physical way. Dust of the earth is actually quite powerful as we know from physics 99.9 percent of matter is non-matter.

    I have big issues with all the bloodshed in the bible but numbers do not lie. The whole thing points to Jesus to take us away from this "Bronze age" tribal man made God.

    Even prophecy is really just God encoding into the text what he knows will happen. I don't think God wanted to destroy Jerusalem in AD70 but I do know the 70 weeks prophecy using the same maths that gets you to the restoration of Israel in 1948 is amazing! - God does all this to point us to Jesus.

    It's not a case of him wanting to sacrifice his Son(He is the Son) but more a case of showing that he(God) could come down and carry the burdens of this world. Of course it doesn't add up why innocent people suffer but I do know when I have seen a kid getting treated for Leukemia it makes me realise my shortcomings. When I see the starving in the world I realise I am greedy. This is how I make sense of it and try to change.

    So we are living in this 0 dimensional singularity and the divine spark has a purpose and even encoded itself in the writings of men. Which technically still makes the Bible the world of God in a spiritual sense.
    Last edited by luke1978; 06-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mio, Michigan
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke1978abc View Post
    Departs to where? - We live in a non local reality. Actually we exist in a singularity. We are all everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

    Chech this out:

    http://www.plim.org/nonlocal.htm

    Message to forum admin: I registered an account as Luke1978 but it is still not activated. I think I like this site! - Freedom of ideas :-)
    "Luke, trust your feelings Luke".

    Hi there Luke and welcome to Richard's most excellent website!

    Luke1978, is that number significant or just the next number up for a Luke?

    I followed your link and read the entire article. Fascinating! For me it helps tie together some of Richard's scientific philosophy with the Biblical revelation of God. An important connection because I know Richrad is not nuts, but for whatever reason He has abandoned the Scriptures. I'll let Richard speak for himself in more detail.

    Anyway, just want to say "Thanks" for the link and I look forward to your contributions to this think tank.

    John

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Luke,

    Welcome to the forum...

    Maybe, when ones consciousness departs this body it re-unites with the universal consciousness, and adds to the whole of a growing knowledge base. In this manner knowledge continues to grow and expand, and as more and more people become aware of our connectedness through understanding our oneness (being part of the whole), human consciousness rises. As each new life comes into existence consciousness emerges through it and experiences life, that experience is what expands the knowledge of the whole in a continuous cycle of increase.

    Everything has unfolded out of the same source, so everything is connected. If we could infold everything in the universe, it would eventually end up at one single point of beginning...everything came from that singularity.

    Amazing stuff to think about...

    Rose
    Rose, please explain this craps in simple terms that everyone can understand....or.....are you on some hallucinogens?

    GOD BLESSED.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane - Australia
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jce View Post
    "Luke, trust your feelings Luke".

    Hi there Luke and welcome to Richard's most excellent website!

    Luke1978, is that number significant or just the next number up for a Luke?

    I followed your link and read the entire article. Fascinating! For me it helps tie together some of Richard's scientific philosophy with the Biblical revelation of God. An important connection because I know Richrad is not nuts, but for whatever reason He has abandoned the Scriptures. I'll let Richard speak for himself in more detail.

    Anyway, just want to say "Thanks" for the link and I look forward to your contributions to this think tank.

    John
    Thanks John. Many Christians just think I'm nuts because they still think in 3 dimensions! - Well technically so do I but there is a way to connect science and God if you want to. My theories may turn out all incorrect but they help me sleep at night :-)

    I was born in 1978 to answer your question.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •