Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

transferring articles from Word

Hello Richard

I do not think this problem happened when I first transferred from Word to the forum in an earlier post. However, I wondered in light of the bug that is in the recent update whether there is anything in hidden codes in the formatting of Word documents that is screwing up the forum post. I have posted my Jude 6 study and I am unable to edit it. I tried as much as possible to reduce the need to edit, but one or two misakes have slipped through. I will ammend once you know how to resolve the problem. Having spotted some errors and made changes to my original script on the forum page before I submitted it, means I would have to copy and paste and reformat the whole page again to be able to correct it again. I will wait and see what happens once the cause of problem has been found.

Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Richard

I do not think this problem happened when I first transferred from Word to the forum in an earlier post. However, I wondered in light of the bug that is in the recent update whether there is anything in hidden codes in the formatting of Word documents that is screwing up the forum post. I have posted my Jude 6 study and I am unable to edit it. I tried as much as possible to reduce the need to edit, but one or two misakes have slipped through. I will ammend once you know how to resolve the problem. Having spotted some errors and made changes to my original script on the forum page before I submitted it, means I would have to copy and paste and reformat the whole page again to be able to correct it again. I will wait and see what happens once the cause of problem has been found.

Regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for reporting the problem. It sounds like it is the new bug that was introduced when the PHP PCRE script was updated to version 8.21. I contacted my host to see if they can downgrade it to version 8.20 which is supposed to fix the problem but haven't heard back yet.

A work-around is to simply copy/paste your old post into the edit box and then save the edit. That should work.

Thanks for all your interesting contributions to our discussions.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

"Blank Editor" bug is caused by Microsoft special characters

Rose was trying to preview a post that contained text copied from Microsoft Word. The preview worked, but left the edit box empty so she could not post. After looking closely at the text she copied, I found it had a little ellipsis character that Word uses to automatically change three dots "..." to a single character that looks like an ellipsis. It is that character that breaks the editor. I removed it and Rose was able to preview, edit, and post.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Richard

Regards

David
    Hi David,

Just a quick note to let you (and everyone else) know that this bug has been fixed. You should be able to copy/paste text from any source now and still be able to edit your post.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information