Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Beating Astronomical Odds

A different perspective on probabilities.

Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Good morning Rose

It is good to have a totally different topic from you though I have not given up on all your other threads and am awaiting your answers to my questions in another post.

I was looking at astronimical figures last week and of course however you present these figures we are taliking BIG numbers. There is no bigger number than infinity. An expression like "close to infinity" might have meaning in mathematics but in the real world we can never approach or get close to infinity.

We do not know the limit of our universe. The last estimate I heard is 470 billion light years across. What lies beyond that which is observable? The Hubble telescope has looked into the darkest regions of space and found thousands of galaxies where nothing was thought to exist and the question still remains; what lies beyond the furthest regions man has been able to look into space? What ever God has made or does, we are talking BIG numbers. God is working at and controlling things at an atomic scale with outcomes on a macro scale.

In understanding big numbers I was reminded of the Googol which is 10 to the power of 100. There is a number called a Googolplex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex) which is 10 to the power of a googol and according to the late Prof. Carl Sagan, there is not enough room in the universe to write a Googolplex long-hand. The number is so BIG that the number could be possibly be more than the number of atoms in the universe. The interesting thing I noticed about the Goolgolplex is that if it can be regarded as including all the matter in our known universe, this number is represented by just seven digits (ones and zeros). How coincidental is that? Seven represents completeness in Biblical numerology.
    This is a fascinating subject and one which we do not have to draw conclusions.

All the best,

David
    Last edited by David M; 05-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information