Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jakob Lorber?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jakob Lorber?

Jakob Lorber was "a Christian mystic and visionary who referred to himself as 'God's scribe'. He wrote that on 15 March 1840 he began hearing an 'inner voice' from the region of his heart and thereafter transcribed what it said. By the time of his death 24 years later he had written manuscripts equivalent to 10,000 pages in print, expecting and receiving no financial reward for his work.
    His Great Gospel of John is a detailed first-person narrative of Jesus' three-year ministry, around 2,000 pages in length and based on the same structure as the Gospel of John, which is described as an eternal book because of John's continual desire to understand the spiritual interpretation of Jesus' parables."
    (from Wikipedia)

http://www.jakoblorber.co.nz/Extracts.html

I'd never heard of him before recently, and was curious whether anyone here is familiar with his writings and whether you'd consider them valid, or occultic/theospohical. His work appears to include info on homeopathic cures and pre-adamic creatures, although in the bits I've read, I haven't seen anything I'd call unscriptural.
    The desert is a surgeon, cutting away the skin to expose what is underneath.

Fremen proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib987 View Post
    Jakob Lorber was "a Christian mystic and visionary who referred to himself as 'God's scribe'. He wrote that on 15 March 1840 he began hearing an 'inner voice' from the region of his heart and thereafter transcribed what it said. By the time of his death 24 years later he had written manuscripts equivalent to 10,000 pages in print, expecting and receiving no financial reward for his work.
    His Great Gospel of John is a detailed first-person narrative of Jesus' three-year ministry, around 2,000 pages in length and based on the same structure as the Gospel of John, which is described as an eternal book because of John's continual desire to understand the spiritual interpretation of Jesus' parables."
    (from Wikipedia)

http://www.jakoblorber.co.nz/Extracts.html

I'd never heard of him before recently, and was curious whether anyone here is familiar with his writings and whether you'd consider them valid, or occultic/theospohical. His work appears to include info on homeopathic cures and pre-adamic creatures, although in the bits I've read, I haven't seen anything I'd call unscriptural.
    I've never heard of him either. He claims to get his information through the "inner word" whatever that means. I noticed a link in small print on the "books" page which has some online books available: http://www.franky1.com//downloads.html They seems to be pure fantasy stuff like some "letters" written from Jesus to a King Abgarus - which is based on a legend recorded in the fourth century by Eusebius. So now this "mystic" guy supposedly gets an actual transcript of these letters from Jesus through the "inner word."

My "inner word" says "Yeah, right. And I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale."

In cases like this, it doesn't matter so much if stuff isn't explicitly "unbiblical" - the problem is that the whole thing is phoney and should be ignored.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Agreed. I looked further at the link I provided and read where Jesus allegedly mentions his return being contingent upon "one third of humanity" being brought up to speed on his teaching, which not only sounds totally off (24 hours later - heh) but echoes the new age call for a critical mass necessary to change earth's consciousness, etc. etc. . ."special" knowledge that disregards and contradicts everything clearly set out in scripture, and which denies our need for salvation in favor of a feel-good "I'm OK, you're OK, let's all ascend" mentality.
    The desert is a surgeon, cutting away the skin to expose what is underneath.

Fremen proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib987 View Post
    Agreed. I looked further at the link I provided and read where Jesus allegedly mentions his return being contingent upon "one third of humanity" being brought up to speed on his teaching, which not only sounds totally off (24 hours later - heh) but echoes the new age call for a critical mass necessary to change earth's consciousness, etc. etc. . ."special" knowledge that disregards and contradicts everything clearly set out in scripture, and which denies our need for salvation in favor of a feel-good "I'm OK, you're OK, let's all ascend" mentality.
    Yep. That makes sense. Good analysis.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I thought that the divinely inspired writings were according to Romans given to the Jews...

Michael
    "Let both sides explore what believes unite us instead of belabouring those believes which divide us." J.F.K 1961

"The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ be with the holy ones. Amen" Rev. 22:21

Quote Originally Posted by rota View Post
    I thought that the divinely inspired writings were according to Romans given to the Jews...

Michael
    Yeah, that kinda rings a bell with me too ...
    Romans 3:1-2 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
    Richard

Check out my blog site

Wink

Well, irt's Christmas time, Richard, a lot of bells ringing currently...

Michael
    "Let both sides explore what believes unite us instead of belabouring those believes which divide us." J.F.K 1961

"The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ be with the holy ones. Amen" Rev. 22:21

Thread Information