Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    Hello Richard. You have utterly baffled me with your response how the baby doesn't have any say in it because it's a baby. Yet you have even baffled me ten times more by saying the parents are compelled by their religion to do what the Rabbis teach/command.

So now you have agreed the Soldiers were compelled by their religion to obey the Rabbis by hacking the Canaanites and forcing their desire to have sex with the traumatised Canaanite virgins women.

And so the Islamo Fascits can justify themselves by their religion for flying aeroplanes into the WTC.

Seems religion is above human rights.......... I think I'll have some time out from forums as they don't really help at all.

good day to you all . bye
    I should have been more clear, you read my intent backwards. I was responding to CWH's final sentence which read "It is not molestation if consent whether verbal, written or implied was given prior to the procedure." My comment was meant as a refutation of the idea that there was any legitimate consent given. Obviously the baby could not give consent, and the parents were under duress because they had been brainwashed from their youth to obey whatever the rabbis taught.

I did not mean in any way at all to justify the atrocities committed in the name of religion. On the contrary, I consider such things as evidence that dogmatic religions tend to corrupt both the minds and the morals of those who profess them.

I hope you don't take a time out - I am enjoying your contributions very much. They are very helpful.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Maybe I did not understand what you were saying before.... Yes religion can and has brainwashed many people from their youth.So much so that people will not even question whether the Rabbi or Preacher is wrong or being delusional.I would say that many of the flock regard the words of preachers such as Benny Hinn as being from God himself.

Yes Richard,indoctrination is a curse in my opinion.It's so hard to break.I sometimes still feel guilty when I question the Bible such as the story of Noah,because it just doesn't make sense how a small boat could carry all the species of animals and the ''food'' to feed them for at least 10 months. Crunching the numbers for Noah's flood story is impossible unless magic was the entire theme to keep them all alive. Noah's Ark flood story is the one that I keep revisting which makes me think it was a fable. Better not get into that on this thread.

It's funny how I read in your blog about Christians having splinter groups,and those groups end up having splinter groups.... Believe or not I was saying the same thing over five years ago.

Just to clear some things up,I'm still fairly religious but have huge doubts about what seem to be unfair contradictions in the scriptures.

Thanks for explaining yourself

Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    Maybe I did not understand what you were saying before.... Yes religion can and has brainwashed many people from their youth.So much so that people will not even question whether the Rabbi or Preacher is wrong or being delusional.I would say that many of the flock regard the words of preachers such as Benny Hinn as being from God himself.

Yes Richard,indoctrination is a curse in my opinion.It's so hard to break.I sometimes still feel guilty when I question the Bible such as the story of Noah,because it just doesn't make sense how a small boat could carry all the species of animals and the ''food'' to feed them for at least 10 months. Crunching the numbers for Noah's flood story is impossible unless magic was the entire theme to keep them all alive. Noah's Ark flood story is the one that I keep revisting which makes me think it was a fable. Better not get into that on this thread.

It's funny how I read in your blog about Christians having splinter groups,and those groups end up having splinter groups.... Believe or not I was saying the same thing over five years ago.

Just to clear some things up,I'm still fairly religious but have huge doubts about what seem to be unfair contradictions in the scriptures.

Thanks for explaining yourself
    It looks like we are in complete agreement about how dogmatic religion corrupts both the minds and the morals of those trapped in it.

And yes, the various Christianities are all splinters of splinters of splinters. Like shattered glass.

I was wondering about where you were at with religion. Sometimes you sound like a believer struggling with some problems in the Bible, and other times you sound like someone who has rejected it all. If you don't mind my asking, what version of Christianity are you struggling with? I think it would be great if you started threads to deal with the specific issues that trouble you. And it would be very interesting if you started a thread discussing what aspects of Christianity still have a hold on your soul.

Great chatting!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information