Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GROUNDHOGS?

GROUNDHOGS?

Christian ties to Groundhog Day...

Most Americans don't even know what day it happens on -- that day when the groundhog looks for his shadow to tell us whether we'll have another 6 weeks of winter.

The 2nd day of February is the 33rd day of the year, which was preceded by the last 7 days of December, beginning on the 25th (Christmas Day).

Forty (40) days total, and matching the time prescribed in Leviticus 12:4 for the purification of the woman after she birthed a boy. (Its twice this, for a girl.) Despite the change in calendars and dispute about the day Jesus was born, the seven (7) and the thirty-three (33) from Christmas to Groundhog Day line up with the Leviticus text in a poignant and mysterious way.

Lev12:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. 12:3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. [New Years Day by our calendar!]

12:4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

Are we looking forward to 'Getting Into the Sanctuary?'
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

GROUNDHOGS?

Hi dux,

Really, I'm sure you know there are no Christian links to 25th December - an entirely fabricated 'holy-day' - or, to Groundhog day. It is pure co-incidence that they happen to be 40 days apart, and that that happens to be a bundle of days with Biblical connotations.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

I'll have to keep it on the back burner tho, Charisma, 'cause of too many "coincidences" to suit me -- if it turns out that the TRUTH of Christmas Day is Dec25th in some fashion, it won't catch me completely by surprise.. ha
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

GROUNDHOGS?

if it turns out that the TRUTH of Christmas Day is Dec25th
    What 'TRUTH' could be attached to Dec 25th apart from the fact of Jesus' birth (which did not happen during the planting season), thus fulfilling the prophecy of God tabernacling (hint) with men - Immanuel?
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    What 'TRUTH' could be attached to Dec 25th apart from the fact of Jesus' birth (which did not happen during the planting season), thus fulfilling the prophecy of God tabernacling (hint) with men - Immanuel?
    Four verses of scripture tell us that David ruled seven (7) years in Hebron, and thirty-three (33) in Jerusalem. - 2Sam5:5, 1Kings2:11, 1Chr3:4, 1Chr29:27 - 40 yrs. total.

GROUNDHOGS?

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Four verses of scripture tell us that David ruled seven (7) years in Hebron, and thirty-three (33) in Jerusalem. - 2Sam5:5, 1Kings2:11, 1Chr3:4, 1Chr29:27 - 40 yrs. total.
    This forty might be better linked to the forty weeks of Mary's pregnancy (Luke 2: 6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered',) and/or, the days between the Resurrection and the Ascension of Christ, thus tying in Christ's redrawing the boundary between sin and death on the one hand (man's condition), and life and immortality on the other (God's condition), the gulf between which had now been breached:
    Acts 13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee';

Hebrews 1:'... when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee';

My take on God's word is that it's a lot more reliable than groundhogs!

Song of Songs 2:10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. 11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over [and] gone; 12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing [of birds] is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; 13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines [with] the tender grape give a [good] smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Ephesians 3

This forty might be better linked to the forty weeks of Mary's pregnancy (Luke 2: 6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered',)
    Hi again, Charisma. Galatians 4:19 about pregnancy, and how we let Christ be formed in us.. ouch. OK for females, tho.
    Agree about Purification procedure applying to new birth -- sanctifying HER to go into the sanctuary, as a figure , maybe, of how we're being screened to go to heaven. Might be a reach, but WE ARE IN THE HUMOR SECTION, right?

GROUNDHOGS?

Hi again, Charisma. Galatians 4:19 about pregnancy, and how we let Christ be formed in us.. ouch. OK for females, tho.
    Agree about Purification procedure applying to new birth -- sanctifying HER to go into the sanctuary, as a figure , maybe, of how we're being screened to go to heaven. Might be a reach, but WE ARE IN THE HUMOR SECTION, right?
    Hi dux,

Yeah, we're in the Humor section, so here's something to smile about... I'm only part way through the following offering by Levi Madison, the littleguyintheeye, and so far his exposition (and he has many more like them) is entirely believable by comparison. No offence brother .

Enjoy! http://littleguyintheeye.wordpress.c...130-groundhog/

Ephesians 3

Hi dux,

Yeah, we're in the Humor section, so here's something to smile about... I'm only part way through the following offering by Levi Madison, the littleguyintheeye, and so far his exposition (and he has many more like them) is entirely believable by comparison. No offence brother .

Enjoy! http://littleguyintheeye.wordpress.c...130-groundhog/

Yes Charisma, I did enjoy. But missed the part about the timing IAW Lev12. Was it there? I'd be wondering how he made the association w/o the 7+33 days leading to Feb 2nd.
    Cute animals -- we used to live in West Texas near a colony.... looked a lot like those.

GROUNDHOGS?

Hi dux,

Okay, so he didn't mention your more than slightly oblique hobbyhorse, but there was much to be learned from his research, wasn't there?

What did you catch from it? (More than the pix, I hope!)

Remember, you entitled the thread GROUNDHOGS? Do groundhogs have anything whatever to do with Leviticus 12? C'mon... they do not!!!

Ephesians 3

Thread Information