Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 33 of 33
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I could take time and qoute question to answer, but, i think you can understand.
    Yes, I can understand what you write without using quotes. But I will respond with quotes so I can answer your points one by one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    It is hard to understand people before in the OT, but it looks like killing was no problem then, so it can be that people where very evil, and that slaves is easy with punishment as death, so to keep sin away, sin had to be hard punished. So the loving and forgiving did'nt work when a whole bunch of people were to driven away. You say God didn't do good enough for you in the OT. I wonder if He can explain it to you, but it looks like you will never be satisfied with an answer as long as the bible is not to be changed. The bible is a history of a fall in sin, you are out to look for the life of angels, where everybody see God and act respectively to Him, because they see Him, but also there is free will and Satan and His army are cast out to do evil against us that God now has a finished plan to rescue us from this evil, and be higher than angels, because we choose God, even if we don't see Him.
    Most Christians do no believe the people were more evil back then. On the contrary, they usually say how people are more evil now.

    But that's irrelevant because the real problem is not how sinful people are, but about how God chose to act. If you read the Bible with open eyes, it is impossible to believe in the God it portrays. He seems like a Bronze age tribal war god, exactly as we would expect if the Bible were written by a Bronze age tribe constantly at war.

    People who try to make up exuses for the bad behavior of God in the OT aways forget that God is supposed to be omniscient and omnipotent. He could have done anything he wanted, so why did he choose to impersonate a Bronze age tribal war god?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Ok, so you can make a better bible, i Think many has tried it, and failed, maybe you want to be worshipped? And are jeaolous of God in the bible that has so many followers even if the bible looks confusing.
    You missed my point. I have absolutely no interest in actually producing a "better Bible." My point was that I most certainly could do that if I wanted to. For example, it would not have all the pagan mythology about creation with a dome to divide the waters that are supposedly "above" from those below. No such dome exists. The Bible has errors. There is no way anyone can deny this fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    If you are so smart, why is'nt here any people in here in this forum that goes away from the faith of Jesus, and over to your godless-believement?
    I never said I was "so smart." And that's irrelevant because it doesn't take very much intelligence to see that the Bible has errors.

    I was writing for Christians, and Christian don't like intelligence. And smart people looked and saw that I was supporting the Bible as the "Word of God" and they knew that was false so they weren't interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    And your theory about being in Gods mind seeing patterns like a mandala, is just more confusing than the bible.
    There's nothing "confusing" about that at all. Carl Jung, who developed theories about mandalas, is a very well respected psychoanalyst.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Men wrote the bible, but if it were just by men, the bible would look more like other religions, in my eyes, the bible is totally far from other religions, and that the bible has taken stories from other pagan stories is just stupid to me, because the bible has the long red line through it all, and not cut and paste. It's more likeley to me that the pagan stories are cuts off from a real story that you can find in the bible.
    The Bible has a lot of pagan mythology in it. We discussed this in the thread Greek Mythology in the Bible?. For example, Jude quotes from the book of Enoch which is filled with mythology about fallen angels having sex with women and producing offspring. And the flood story was a common myth that predates the Bible. There's a lot of "cut and paste" that got in the Bible. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that the pagans copied from the Bible. Their stuff came first.

    It would appear you have not studied other religions in any depth at all. The Bible is exactly like the books of other religions in many respects. Here's a video to help you understand:



    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Who says eternal tornement? The symbols in the bible? I believe the after-life is the end of your life if you choose darkness instead of light, but also a place where every question is anwered, and while you get answered, but cannot enter the light, is like an eternal tornement, but as soon as every question is answered, you are cut off dead. But thats my theory of what i read, we are not too know everything but we see things like a mirror of our life. But if you don't like Jesus, you don't like the light and pure love you can get of giving away your self-love, to get pure love giving Jesus the hounor of love.
    I'm glad you don't believe in the traditional and orthodox Christian doctrine of eternal conscious torment in hell. You have made up your own theory about what happens after death. So why believe the rest of the stuff they teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    And your obsession of saying God as a general rule does not answer prayers looks alot like testing God without believing in Him. Even Jesus didnt test God, when the devil said He should test God. And you think that should make people not believe in God anymore, stupid devilish tactic. Stop praying, just stop, sounds like the devil there.
    Even if we are not answered, we get answered, we know this life is short, and the prayers in this life is fully answeres in heaven, you are just being wordly, when we should be hokuspokused up from a wheelchair every wheelchairhandikapped. I believe in Medicine and doctors as well as God as my healer, no problem so far. So christians that makes problems with stupid faith that God should just fix in a second with a healing, is maybe doing worse and not healing the believers because their spirit is sick. But it looks like you are just thinking against God.
    The Bible says that the devil is the father of lies. If the truth is that God does not, as a general rule, answer prayers, then Christians who say God always answers prayers are liars and sons of the devil. This is what blows my mind - Christians lie about God and the Bible so much that they don't even know they are liars.

    And I am not being "worldly" - we all know that Christians and the Bible teach that everyone should pray and trust God. But if God doesn't actually answer prayers, then he is, by definition, untrustworthy. No one can deny the fact that God does not, as a general rule, answer prayers. In fact, God does everything possible to act as if he doesn't even exist! I think that's been his one big success.

    If you really believe in prayer, tell me why God NEVER heals amputees? That's the joke. Folks get up on the stage of Benny Hinn's $alvation and Healing Carnival and proclaim that God cured their backache or cancer or whatever but he never actually does anything that can be verified. It's time for Christians to quit lying and deceiving the world.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I understand Christian theology a thousand times better than you. Quit being absurd.
    Don't be a Boaster Cock, be a Boaster for God.

    Paul:'Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.'

    Jeremiah 9:23,24:
    Thus says the Lord, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might,
    let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows
    Me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness on earth; for I delight in
    these things," declares the Lord (New American Standard Bible).


    If that was his intent, then he failed miserably because he left no proof of anything. All we have is a book so confused that even Christians can't agree about what it means.

    He didn't do it to "create greater impact." According to Christian theology, he did it to bear the sins of the world.

    If it was to "prove" something then it failed because people could see it and still not believe (according to the Bible anyway).

    Christian theology says that no one can believe unless God opens their hearts and minds. Get with the program
    Now, this is Basic Christian theology:
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

    It has nothing to do with "God opening their hearts and minds"; it is about self faith and belief in the Son of God. Get it?

    Let's believe in the Son of God.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I understand Christian theology a thousand times better than you. Quit being absurd.
    Don't be a Boaster Cock, be a Boaster for God.
    To say that I understand Christian theology a thousand times better than you is not any kind of "boast." It barely gets me to kindergarten. I should have said a million times better if I wanted to get to college level.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Now, this is Basic Christian theology:
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

    It has nothing to do with "God opening their hearts and minds"; it is about self faith and belief in the Son of God. Get it?

    Let's believe in the Son of God.
    You can go argue with the Reformed theologians (Calvinists) about that.

    Christians can't even agree with each other about what it takes to get saved!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •