Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    Evolution versus Adam and Eve

    Evolution proves that Adam and Eve did not exist, so if Adam and Eve did not exist, then the rest of the Bible is pointless.

    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Those who don't believe the account of Adam and Eve, usually have no problem understanding how a pair of rabbits would be able to populate an entire island.

    Many details are left out (to whet our interest and speculation) and even phrased ambiguously. Lots of figures of speech, like how their eyes were opened after eating (did you think they were like puppy dogs who couldn't see for the first few days?)

    'Course if you've watched the cave-men and women in "One million B.C.", it's much easier to follow the evolution doctrine and imagine that giraffes and hummingbirds both came from the same scum...
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Evolution proves that Adam and Eve did not exist, so if Adam and Eve did not exist, then the rest of the Bible is pointless.

    Same if Adam and Eve did exist then the rest of Evolution is pointless. Evolution is Bullshit! Evolution of man scientifically disproved:

    http://www.ldolphin.org/wmwilliams.html


    God Blessed His Creatures.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-09-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Those who don't believe the account of Adam and Eve, usually have no problem understanding how a pair of rabbits would be able to populate an entire island.

    Many details are left out (to whet our interest and speculation) and even phrased ambiguously. Lots of figures of speech, like how their eyes were opened after eating (did you think they were like puppy dogs who couldn't see for the first few days?)

    'Course if you've watched the cave-men and women in "One million B.C.", it's much easier to follow the evolution doctrine and imagine that giraffes and hummingbirds both came from the same scum...
    Hi Bob,

    The reason the Adam and Eve story is crucial to the whole biblical story, is because without the fall of the "Edenic" couple there is no need for the idea of "sin", hence no need for a god to send a redeemer to save mankind from their sins.

    You need to get some good books on evolution and inform yourself. A couple suggestions would be Making of the Fittest by Sean Carroll and The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Crucial? Wouldn't disagree. It's the opening chapter in The Greatest Story Ever Told, and even after 400 yrs. publishing to this modern age, it's still being read by men and women of all walks of life, who take it BY FAITH. The Truth is revealed to believers, but foolishness to those who imagine themselves in charge. Doesn't surprise me that some don't believe.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,109
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Crucial? Wouldn't disagree. It's the opening chapter in The Greatest Story Ever Told, and even after 400 yrs. publishing to this modern age, it's still being read by men and women of all walks of life, who take it BY FAITH. The Truth is revealed to believers, but foolishness to those who imagine themselves in charge. Doesn't surprise me that some don't believe.
    The truth is revealed to believers????

    That's exactly what Muslims would say.

    How is it possible that you don't understand your comment makes no sense? What if a person believes the wrong thing? They will think - just like you - that they are right. How could they ever find out that they were wrong?

    And what about all the things that different believers believe? David M denies that Christ is God - does that imply that David is not "really" a believer? Why are there ten thousand denominations if God has revealed the same truth to all believers?

    Do you now have a test for a true believer? If someone agrees with you, then they are true believers, and all who disagree with duxrow are not true believers? Have you made yourself and your own private beliefs to be the standard of all truth?

    It seems you have forgotten that religious dogmas are not "revealed from God" but rather derived and supported through (often erroneous) logical argument from the Bible and tradition. That's why there are so many different beliefs.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,109
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Same if Adam and Eve did exist then the rest of Evolution is pointless. Evolution is Bullshit! Evolution of man scientifically disproved:

    http://www.ldolphin.org/wmwilliams.html


    God Blessed His Creatures.


    That's the stupidest anti-evolution article I've every read! And it was written way back in 1928 when the science of evolution was in its infancy.

    Your assertion that "evolution is Bullshit" is itself the bullshitiest comment any human has ever made. It reveals nothing but your gross ignorance of the science of evolution, and all related sciences such as the rest of biology, geology, astronomy, cosmology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, history, archeology, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. - the only way any person could deny everything about evolution as "bullshit" is if they themselves are utterly ignorant of all science.

    It's pathetic CWH. Why do you insist on making yourself and other Christians look like ignorant fools? It's fine if you want to believe in God and the Bible, but it is absurd for you to deny the reality that has been confirmed by hundreds of thousands of scientists.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,109
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Those who don't believe the account of Adam and Eve, usually have no problem understanding how a pair of rabbits would be able to populate an entire island.
    It's easy to understand how two rabbits could populate an island.

    It's also easy to prove that there was no Adam and Eve because the story is not supported by any scientific evidence, and it is contradicted by all scientific evidence. So what do you want? Do you want people to believe falsehoods merely because they are written in the Bible?

    Scientifically informed people have no choice but to reject the story of Adam and Eve. There are many scientists who are Christians, and they wanted to believe in Adam and Eve but could not because the evidence proves it false.

    So what do you want people to do? Have a lobotomy? Deny reality? There is no other choice. The science does not support the story of Adam and Eve.

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Many details are left out (to whet our interest and speculation) and even phrased ambiguously. Lots of figures of speech, like how their eyes were opened after eating (did you think they were like puppy dogs who couldn't see for the first few days?)
    Speculation is the bane of Bible study! Folks have gotten in the habit of making up whatever they want so now Christians have lost their grip on reality.

    As for the dog's eyes - how would that fit the story? It says that Eve SAW the fruit before her "eyes were opened."

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    'Course if you've watched the cave-men and women in "One million B.C.", it's much easier to follow the evolution doctrine and imagine that giraffes and hummingbirds both came from the same scum...
    Why do you use the perjorative "scum" - the Bible says that God made Adam from "dirt."

    There is very good reason to think that giraffes and hummingbirds came from a common ancestor. They share a lot of DNA as do most living creatures. And they even have similar body plans from bats to whales (homology - source):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evolution_pl.png 
Views:	525 
Size:	377.1 KB 
ID:	342



    The evidence for evolution (common descent) is overwhelming.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It's easy to understand how two rabbits could populate an island.
    That's what I said
    It's also easy to prove that there was no Adam and Eve because the story is not supported by any scientific evidence, and it is contradicted by all scientific evidence. So what do you want? Do you want people to believe falsehoods merely because they are written in the Bible?

    Hard to prove a negative, especially to Bible-believing Christians.


    Scientifically informed people have no choice but to reject the story of Adam and Eve. There are many scientists who are Christians, and they wanted to believe in Adam and Eve but could not because the evidence proves it false. So what do you want people to do? Have a lobotomy? Deny reality? There is no other choice. The science does not support the story of Adam and Eve.

    It's their decision. I'm pro-Life, but decisions have to be made too. You speak as though ALL scientists reject Creation/Bible, and that's just not true!
    Speculation is the bane of Bible study!

    Folks have gotten in the habit of making up whatever they want so now Christians have lost their grip on reality.
    As for the dog's eyes - how would that fit the story? It says that Eve SAW the fruit before her "eyes were opened."

    Why care what people say? Make your own decisions. You'd "get your eyes opened too", if you turned to Christ. Never man spoke like He did!
    Why do you use the perjorative "scum" - the Bible says that God made Adam from "dirt."
    Calcium, magnesium, etc. - yea. But atheists speak of life beginning with scum on algae.
    There is very good reason to think that giraffes and hummingbirds came from a common ancestor. They share a lot of DNA as do most living creatures. And they even have similar body plans from bats to whales.
    That's true, too. The Common Ancestor is the Holy Ghostwriter JEHOVAH-Jireh !!
    The evidence for evolution (common descent) is overwhelming.

    Hey Rose.. seems like I finally figured out the quote-link biz -- tks. Dux
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post


    That's the stupidest anti-evolution article I've every read! And it was written way back in 1928 when the science of evolution was in its infancy.

    Your assertion that "evolution is Bullshit" is itself the bullshitiest comment any human has ever made. It reveals nothing but your gross ignorance of the science of evolution, and all related sciences such as the rest of biology, geology, astronomy, cosmology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, history, archeology, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. - the only way any person could deny everything about evolution as "bullshit" is if they themselves are utterly ignorant of all science.

    It's pathetic CWH. Why do you insist on making yourself and other Christians look like ignorant fools? It's fine if you want to believe in God and the Bible, but it is absurd for you to deny the reality that has been confirmed by hundreds of thousands of scientists.
    Yeah, the evolution of cars to aeroplanes!



    I am as scientifically minded as you. All related sciences such as the rest of biology, geology, astronomy, cosmology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, history, archeology, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. are created by God. So all science is the study of God's creation known as Creationology. Imagine yourself going into another inhabited interstellar planet and using your advance technology and knowledge to the people there. And the people there indirectly learning some of the knowledge and technology that you have imparted or demonstrated. Such knowledge and technology can be considered as Human-"Created" Science and Technology.

    Why do you insist in making Science your God? Don't you know that humans are fallible beings? The Fool says in his heart there is no God. Now, who is the real Fool? Mega-Evolution is the stupidiest nonsense I've have ever known and good for the dustbin. And hundred of thousands of scientists do not believe in Mega-evolution.

    I am amazed at God's Creation!
    Last edited by CWH; 04-09-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •