Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

proceed, proceeded, proceedeth, proceeding

The word 'proceeded' in John 8:42 caught my attention, and I wonder if those who can, would kindly expound it for me?

I am interested to know how closely the Hebrew and Greek reflect the same meaning, and what can be interpreted from it both for practical application and understanding, spiritually.

Many thanks.

Numbers 32:24
    Build you cities for your little ones, and folds for your sheep;
    and do that which hath proceeded out of your mouth.

Deuteronomy 8:3
    And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know;
    that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every [word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Jeremiah 9:3
    And they bend their tongues [like] their bow [for] lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth;
    for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 30:19
    And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry:
    and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few;
    I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

Habakkuk 1:4
    Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth:
    for the wicked doth compass about the righteous;
    therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.

Matthew 15:19
    For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

(Of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.)

Luke 4:22
    And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.
    And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

John 8:42
    Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me:
    for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth,
    which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Revelation 22:1
    And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Last edited by Charisma; 02-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Thread Information