Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Cheow

    A building 1,400 miles high would be completely unnecessary in my opinion. We get into space at a approximately 100 miles above the earth so this would put most of the building into outer space.

    I think the figures are symbolic as much as the description of the city has a symbolic appearance. The only other thought I have has about it is if the city is very much smaller than we think such that the length and breadth of it are equal and the height refers to the actual height it is above the surrounding land. Therefore the city would be set up on a high hill or mountain corresponding to the height mentioned.

    The reason for thinking in this way is the references in Isaiah and Micah that say; And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
    and Zec 3:8 3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

    All the best

    David
    I understand but there may be other benefits that we may not know about building something tall reaching beyond the stratosphere. I do know that we can generates lots of electricity in the stratosphere and it is believe there are lots of hydrogen there. It would also serves as a long range antenna and therefore may not need a satellite for communication. If we were 1,400 miles up, we should be able to see half the globe and an undistorted view of the Universe.

    I never believe the new Jerusalem to be a cube but more like a mountain-like or castle-shaped structure with a central tower reaching 1,400 miles up and the reference in Micah and Isaiah seems to suggest so about going up the mountain of the Lord.

    Some pictures to wild your imagination:

    http://users.belgacom.net/gc674645/heaven/newjerus.htm

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I understand but there may be other benefits that we may not know about building something tall reaching beyond the stratosphere. I do know that we can generates lots of electricity in the stratosphere and it is believe there are lots of hydrogen there. It would also serves as a long range antenna and therefore may not need a satellite for communication. If we were 1,400 miles up, we should be able to see half the globe and an undistorted view of the Universe.

    I never believe the new Jerusalem to be a cube but more like a mountain-like or castle-shaped structure with a central tower reaching 1,400 miles up and the reference in Micah and Isaiah seems to suggest so about going up the mountain of the Lord.

    Some pictures to wild your imagination:

    http://users.belgacom.net/gc674645/heaven/newjerus.htm

    God Bless.
    Hello Cheow
    Having seen that large pyramid standing on the earth, it convinces me that the sizes have to be symbolic or else the furlong is not the measurement we think it is.

    I know there will be changes in the kingdom, but I see no reason for God to change all the laws by which His Creation functions.

    One of the problems I see with such a large object placed on the earth is that its size and weight will affect the motion of the earth. When God used the earth to create all living things upon it and it was said to very good, I do not see much need to change the way God created it. God's plan is that all the earth will be filled with His glory. Apart from those resurrected being given an incorruptible body and living for ever I do not see any reason for changing God's design. God has lots in store which we cannot imagine, but again I think our feet will be permanently on the earth for there will be no need to go anywhere else.

    This gigantic pyramid or any structure of this size and weight extending far into outer space is going to cause the earth to wobble uncontrollably unless the it has a counter weight or the earth is made to stop revolving and then imagine what will happen then. This is just one of the problems I see but I will leave it at that for the moment.The Physicists and engineers amongst us might like to comment on this.


    All the best,

    David

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Hello Cheow
    Having seen that large pyramid standing on the earth, it convinces me that the sizes have to be symbolic or else the furlong is not the measurement we think it is.
    Hi David, I so not see it as a big pyramid but more of a tower or a terraced tower standing on the earth.

    I know there will be changes in the kingdom, but I see no reason for God to change all the laws by which His Creation functions.
    All natural laws such as gravity, air pressure etc. are created by God and laws will change to suit the situation. The gravity and air pressure will be different on Mars and Venus compared to Earth. If the New Jerusalem does not need the light from the sun, then where comes the light? and what happens to the sun and the planets that depended on the sun? Will there be revolution and rotation of the earth if the earth does not need the sun? If there is no sea then what happens to the climate as sea is a major factor that controls the climate. I really can not answer all these questions.

    One of the problems I see with such a large object placed on the earth is that its size and weight will affect the motion of the earth. When God used the earth to create all living things upon it and it was said to very good, I do not see much need to change the way God created it. God's plan is that all the earth will be filled with His glory. Apart from those resurrected being given an incorruptible body and living for ever I do not see any reason for changing God's design. God has lots in store which we cannot imagine, but again I think our feet will be permanently on the earth for there will be no need to go anywhere else.
    Whether such a structure which may not be a pyramid will affect the motion of the earth or not, I can not say. Or perhaps God may build a counter balance I do not know but I do not doubt that God cannot solve such a problem. What will our life be in the kingdom of heaven? I see it as a time of major technological advancements in human history with help from God. We will probably develop technologies that will help us explore space, inter stellar travels, creation of animals and plants and planets and even solar systems, eradication of all diseases and sufferings etc.

    This gigantic pyramid or any structure of this size and weight extending far into outer space is going to cause the earth to wobble uncontrollably unless the it has a counter weight or the earth is made to stop revolving and then imagine what will happen then. This is just one of the problems I see but I will leave it at that for the moment.The Physicists and engineers amongst us might like to comment on this.
    I believe God can solve all these problems. Perhaps there is no revolution as there is no need for the sun.


    God Bless All His Creations.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Cheow

    This is one subject we can sepeculate and it does not matter what we think as we have to wait and find out what God has got in store.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Hi David, I so not see it as a big pyramid but more of a tower or a terraced tower standing on the earth.
    This shows that each person has their own understanding of what the New Jerusalem will be like


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    All natural laws such as gravity, air pressure etc. are created by God and laws will change to suit the situation. The gravity and air pressure will be different on Mars and Venus compared to Earth. If the New Jerusalem does not need the light from the sun, then where comes the light? and what happens to the sun and the planets that depended on the sun? Will there be revolution and rotation of the earth if the earth does not need the sun? If there is no sea then what happens to the climate as sea is a major factor that controls the climate. I really can not answer all these questions.
    When speculating, it is easy to make up questions that cannot be answered. As God is a Creator, He could create another universe with a different set of laws or He might not. This universe might have to be unique if this is the only way it can be. The universe could have existed a long time before God decided to select this planet as the only suitable planet to sustain life. If this planet had not existed prior to God selecting it, He might have had to make a planet exactly this way. The combination of Sun, Moon and Earth is likely to be unique. The story of Creation has to be kept simple otherwise we have to many imponderables.

    The future would only require a small change to this present universe and those changes could be confined to this solar system or this solar system might not have to change. This solar system is so far removed from any other solar system that our view of space does not have to change. The introduction of another sun might not be necessary. The passages in Revelation suggest that day and night will still exist and only in the New Jerusalem there will be no night for that is where God's presence will be. This could be similar to when the Children of Israel were in the Wilderness when during the day there was the pillar of cloud to guide them and at night the pillar of fire which gave light. When God's presence was in the Tabernacle there was a pillar of cloud. (Exo 40:38) For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
    The light of God's presence will be seen in some form and it does not have to be an enormous light source. The continuance of the sun as we know it is all that is necessary to continue to support life on the earth.


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Whether such a structure which may not be a pyramid will affect the motion of the earth or not, I can not say. Or perhaps God may build a counter balance I do not know but I do not doubt that God cannot solve such a problem. What will our life be in the kingdom of heaven? I see it as a time of major technological advancements in human history with help from God. We will probably develop technologies that will help us explore space, inter stellar travels, creation of animals and plants and planets and even solar systems, eradication of all diseases and sufferings etc.
    We agree on the quality of life we shall have in the Kingdom. I do not see the need for technological advancements and it could be after the Day of the Lord and after the destruction that comes on the earth when God pours out His judgments, technology could be set back. Adam did not need "technology" to live for ever in the Garden of Eden. I think there will be enough of interest on this present earth to keep us occupied for ever. We have to wait for the wonders God has in store, and I expect them all to be on this earth.


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I believe God can solve all these problems. Perhaps there is no revolution as there is no need for the sun.
    God is definitely going to solve the problems that this world has which man will not be able to achieve because "it is not in man to guide his steps".

    God has promised to make all things new and by this I understand that God will restore all things and make them as new. This will be His new (restored) creation. The ultimate purpose of God is; "But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD". I see this as a complete restoring of how things were before Adam and Eve sinned and God saw that everything He had made was very good.


    (Rev 21:1)And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

    A new heaven could relate to a new world order with God in charge. We know the heavens can refer to "political heavens". The new earth could be just the earth restored and whilst the sea does have other connotations, the sea can be literal when we consider how things were before the flood; "there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground". Seas existed before the flood and seas we know affect the climate but God might change the water content to do away with seas as we know them now or as they were before The Flood.

    Consider how much more land there will be to explore and see in Nature that will replace the seas, given that 85% of the earth's surface is covered by the seas at present. Probably there could be lots lakes instead of seas and the waters that make up the seas at present can return to the "fountains of the deep" as they were before they were broken up. The climate could change back to how it was before the flood but with less water and more dry land. We should keep in mind that God selected this planet we call "earth" to create life upon and it might be the only planet suitable for that purpose and water will remain necessary. The earth had lots of water on it before God created the animals and plants. (Gen 1:2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.


    It is good to think about all the good things to come in life in the Kingdom of God and a time when all the terribleness in the world today will have been eradicated.

    All the best.

    David
    Last edited by David M; 08-31-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •