Rachel was Jacob's favorite, preferred before his elder sister Leah but couldn't have children. But her error is to trust on his father's Teraphims or idols to conceive.

Genesis 30:1 KJV - And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
Genesis 30:2 KJV - And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, [Am] I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
Genesis 30:22 KJV - And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.
Genesis 30:23 KJV - And she conceived, and bare a son; and said, God hath taken away my reproach:
Genesis 30:24 KJV - And she called his name Joseph; and said, The LORD shall add to me another son.

So when Joseph was born the name was a prophecy from God that she will have another son. Joseph means, "more" or "adding".

When they escaped from Laban Rachel stole the gods of her father. Jacob unknowingly cursed the person who stole them.

Genesis 31:32 KJV - With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what [is] thine with me, and take [it] to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them.
Genesis 31:33 KJV - And Laban went into Jacob's tent, and into Leah's tent, and into the two maidservants' tents; but he found [them] not. Then went he out of Leah's tent, and entered into Rachel's tent.
Genesis 31:34 KJV - Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found [them] not.
Genesis 31:35 KJV - And she said to her father, Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women [is] upon me. And he searched, but found not the images.

Rachel died only after she gave birth because God's promise is unconditional and cannot be undone, that she was going to have another child. But she died after she gave birth to Benoni (Benjamin).

Genesis 35:16 KJV - And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
Genesis 35:17 KJV - And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
Genesis 35:18 KJV - And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
Genesis 35:19 KJV - And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which [is] Bethlehem.
Genesis 35:20 KJV - And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that [is] the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day.

Benoni is what Rachel called because she was in sorrow. Benoni means son of my sorrows. Benjamin means Son of the right hand because he was Jacob's favorite son next to Joseph.

There is a prophecy related to Jesus Christ. He was a man of sorrows at first. He died, and was raised and sat at the right hand of God the father.