never cared for what they do
    never cared for what they know
    and I know

So close, no matter how far
    Couldn't be much more from the heart
    Forever trusting who we are
    No, nothing else matters
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

I love the lyrics of this song.It really is a reality,because nothing else matter,only He who could reach each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post

Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say
    Hello Rose
    The words of popular songs can be inspirational. I think I have mentioned the lyrics to the song; 'Imagine' by John Lennon before in another post. I never supported John Lenon's life style, though the words to his song can be the basis for looking at the teaching in the Bible.

I have highlighted just one line of the lyrics that you have posted and this is symptomatic of the human race. Man in general does not want to follow a set of rules that have been given us by God; rules which are for the betterment of society and not to its detriment

We can say the problem with was with humanity (before the Flood) when man's heart was continually evil ( Genesis 6:5) And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

That is man doing what he wants to do In the days when Israel had no king, the people resorted to doing what they wanted to do. They did that which was right in their eyes and no-one else's. (Judges 17:6) In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Maybe it is good that not everyone reverts to lawlessness these days, but the majority of the world does not want to be subject to the laws of God (not realizing that the law of our land is based on the same laws that were originally in the ten commandments).
    In the same way we break the law of the land and get punished by the law, so God is the righteous judge who judges by his law. He now has a standard which is his son, by which everyone else is judged. The fact is; Jesus was perfect and fulfilled the law. He did not break the law or refuse to comply with God's law. The only law Jesus did not keep was the law introduced by the Pharisees and so he went out of his way to deliberately violate every man-made law of the Pharisees.

Jesus said that it is necessary to keep the commandments. Man's demise is purely because he despises God's law and prefers to live by his own laws or no law at all. It is just as well that not all of us fit into that mould, otherwise the world would be in a worse state than it is already and it is getting worse by the day.

The Song of Moses has much better lyrics (Exodus 15)

All the best
    David
    Last edited by David M; 07-08-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say
    Hello Rose
    The words of popular songs can be inspirational. I think I have mentioned the lyrics to the song; 'Imagine' by John Lennon before in another post. I never supported John Lenon's life style, though the words to his song can be the basis for looking at the teaching in the Bible.

I have highlighted just one line of the lyrics that you have posted and this is symptomatic of the human race. Man in general does not want to follow a set of rules that have been given us by God; rules which are for the betterment of society and not to its detriment

We can say the problem with was with humanity (before the Flood) when man's heart was continually evil ( Genesis 6:5) And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

That is man doing what he wants to do In the days when Israel had no king, the people resorted to doing what they wanted to do. They did that which was right in their eyes and no-one else's. (Judges 17:6) In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Hello David

Whether or not rules are for the betterment of society depends upon who is making the rules. In all of the Bible it is men who are making the rules for their own selfish reasons of wanting to control others, especially women. It is not better that women are treated as property or second class citizens, it is not better for men to rule over women, it is not better that women are denied equal human rights with men, it is not better that women are stoned to death if they are not virgins on their wedding night, it is not better that fathers can sell their daughters as sex slaves, it is not better that jealous men can force their wives to drink contaminated water, it is not better that lustful men can capture women for forced marriages, and the list could go on and on...

Most times each individual is indeed the best judge of how to live their life, not some ancient writings by primitive men who believed that lightening bolts are sent from god and famines are a form of punishment. People innately know what is best for them and if they apply how they want to be treated to others it usually works out for everyones betterment. Most mothers know how to take care of their children without needing rules written by men in the Bible. People would have never survived if they depended on biblical instructions, and besides that most of the Bibles 613 rules are ridiculous anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Maybe it is good that not everyone reverts to lawlessness these days, but the majority of the world does not want to be subject to the laws of God (not realizing that the law of our land is based on the same laws that were originally in the ten commandments).
    In the same way we break the law of the land and get punished by the law, so God is the righteous judge who judges by his law. He now has a standard which is his son, by which everyone else is judged. The fact is; Jesus was perfect and fulfilled the law. He did not break the law or refuse to comply with God's law. The only law Jesus did not keep was the law introduced by the Pharisees and so he went out of his way to deliberately violate every man-made law of the Pharisees.

Jesus said that it is necessary to keep the commandments. Man's demise is purely because he despises God's law and prefers to live by his own laws or no law at all. It is just as well that not all of us fit into that mould, otherwise the world would be in a worse state than it is already and it is getting worse by the day.

The Song of Moses has much better lyrics (Exodus 15)

All the best
    David
    I don't blame people for not wanting to be subject to the biblical laws since most of them are worthless. As for the Ten Commandments there is only three of them that any of our laws are based on: thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not bear false witness and thou shalt not steal...and as for the other seven laws they can be tossed in the garbage can We don't need LAWS telling us not to covet our neighbor, or to honor our parents, or to keep the Sabbath Holy, or not to worship graven images, those are things that are personal choices and should not be legislated.

I think the song of Moses is very telling of the war mentality of men and what they attributed to their warrior god who would rather bring disease and plagues upon the Egyptians, kill their first born and drown them, instead of never allowing the Hebrews to be taken captive in the first place...after all god is omnipotent isn't he? Throughout the whole Exodus story god is portrayed as being bloodthirsty and delighting in killing the Egyptians, the same holds true for every epic biblical story: the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Jericho, the Exodus and all the other stories of slaughter. The god of the Bible loves killing, bloodshed and violence which is a good indicator of the mentality of the men who made up those myths. The biblical god most certainly is not a god of peace, even in the New Testament...just take a look at Revelation.

Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information