Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

My Voyage with the Dawn Treader

Hi Richard. It's Steve from Knoxville. Remember me? I came across your "deconversion" blog/posts about 2 weeks ago and was deeply troubled in my spirit. I knew at some point I had to "talk" with you. Before I go any further, let me say that I am not condemning you and if anything I write seems that way, let me apologize in advance for my poor communication skills. In a way, I can empathize with you because in the early 80's, my wife and I, with our 3 young kids (I'm 57 now) joined the SDA church. My wife was raised Lutheran and my parents met at Moody Bible Institute and became missionaries. You can imagine some of the discussions (arguments) we had. The main thing that drew me into the SDA church was their interpretation of hell. My relationship with God took a quantum leap when I saw what I believe is Biblical truth.

One of my daughters recently said exactly what I feel, "I couldn't live in a heaven with a God that kept people alive in a hell forever." I believe you are mostly right Richard when you say that religion warps a person's mind. For a long time I couldn't understand why none of my relatives or friends could see what was now so plain to me in scripture. And I was armed with plenty to do battle. I even questioned God a few times on why he "allowed" those verses that seemed to support their position. Finally, one day it hit me when I was reading in Psalms. Ps 18:25-26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. (I copied and pasted those from your BW site. Is there a faster way?) A person has to swallow a lot of pride to discard a widely held and/or cherished belief. I respect you for your honesty and I hope you are truly searching for ultimate truth.

The main reason why I am diving (or being sucked) into this "vortex" of yours is because of some experiences I had, mostly in the last year. Do you remember our discussions about my interest in English gematria and some of the unusual experiences I had in 2007? I don't remember if I told you that it actually started in 1999. Our server, Knology, had a serious crash recently and they still haven't recovered my saved emails. Anyways, I don't want to get bogged down in a lot of details partly because I'm a slow typist.

Have you read much of C. S. Lewis? Have you read his Narnia books? Have you seen the 3 Narnia movies done by Walden Media? I ask those questions because it will make it much easier to follow what I want to share. When I first read about your "deconversion" (help me out here if you don't like that label) I almost wanted to ask for a refund on my recent donation. But no, I will take responsibility for my own self delusions. Or are they? Are you willing to help me now as you are on this path to find "greater truth"? You have some deep questions. I do too. I would like to know why I went through what I did in 2011. My life has been turned upside down and I'm stuck in a holding pattern.

I will post more later. I apoligize if my posts aren't fluid. There is so much I want to share but I don't want to bore people to tears. Anyone else is welcome to comment, although, I don't want to get sidetracked too much from the questions I have for Richard.

Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 01-13-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: better title

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Hi Richard. It's Steve from Knoxville. Remember me? I came across your "deconversion" blog/posts about 2 weeks ago and was deeply troubled in my spirit. I knew at some point I had to "talk" with you. Before I go any further, let me say that I am not condemning you and if anything I write seems that way, let me apologize in advance for my poor communication skills. In a way, I can empathize with you because in the early 80's, my wife and I, with our 3 young kids (I'm 57 now) joined the SDA church. My wife was raised Lutheran and my parents met at Moody Bible Institute and became missionaries. You can imagine some of the discussions (arguments) we had. The main thing that drew me into the SDA church was their interpretation of hell. My relationship with God took a quantum leap when I saw what I believe is Biblical truth.

One of my daughters recently said exactly what I feel, "I couldn't live in a heaven with a God that kept people alive in a hell forever." I believe you are mostly right Richard when you say that religion warps a person's mind. For a long time I couldn't understand why none of my relatives or friends could see what was now so plain to me in scripture. And I was armed with plenty to do battle. I even questioned God a few times on why he "allowed" those verses that seemed to support their position. Finally, one day it hit me when I was reading in Psalms. Ps 18:25-26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. (I copied and pasted those from your BW site. Is there a faster way?) A person has to swallow a lot of pride to discard a widely held and/or cherished belief. I respect you for your honesty and I hope you are truly searching for ultimate truth.
    Hey there Steve,

I'm glad you come by to discuss these things with us. And don't worry about offending me. I have pretty thick skin and you intentions seem good.

I can indeed imagine what kind of conversations you must have had when you transitioned from traditional "evangelical" Christianity to SDA. I explored Annihilationism as a solution to the problem of hell but ultimately concluded that Christian Universalism gave God more glory since he then was truly the "savior of all men."

I can appreciate how Psalm 18 helped you understand, I saw it the same way. I used to say that God designed the Bible to give the believer everything needed to believe, and the unbeliever everything needed to not believe.

Swallowing pride gets a lot easier the more you do it. And the reward is great, because it opens you heart and soul and you begin to live a life of love in truth and light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    The main reason why I am diving (or being sucked) into this "vortex" of yours is because of some experiences I had, mostly in the last year. Do you remember our discussions about my interest in English gematria and some of the unusual experiences I had in 2007? I don't remember if I told you that it actually started in 1999. Our server, Knology, had a serious crash recently and they still haven't recovered my saved emails. Anyways, I don't want to get bogged down in a lot of details partly because I'm a slow typist.

Have you read much of C. S. Lewis? Have you read his Narnia books? Have you seen the 3 Narnia movies done by Walden Media? I ask those questions because it will make it much easier to follow what I want to share. When I first read about your "deconversion" (help me out here if you don't like that label) I almost wanted to ask for a refund on my recent donation. But no, I will take responsibility for my own self delusions. Or are they? Are you willing to help me now as you are on this path to find "greater truth"? You have some deep questions. I do too. I would like to know why I went through what I did in 2011. My life has been turned upside down and I'm stuck in a holding pattern.

I will post more later. I apoligize if my posts aren't fluid. There is so much I want to share but I don't want to bore people to tears. Anyone else is welcome to comment, although, I don't want to get sidetracked too much from the questions I have for Richard.

Steve
    I don't recall the discussions about English gematria. I get a lot of emails along those lines. So you will have to remind me. But it probably wouldn't be very helpful since I have a pretty strong (negative) opinion about English gematria.

I read more than a few C. S. Lewis books (The Problem of Pain, Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, the Narnia books) many years ago. I doubt I would now find them helpful ~ they don't deal with the issues in a "Biblical" way. For example, Lewis solved the problems of eschatology by simply saying that Jesus was wrong! Here's the quote:
    The apocalyptic beliefs of the first Christians have been proved to be false. It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And, worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so. He shared, and indeed created, their delusion. He said in so many words, "This generation shall not pass till all these things be done." And He was wrong. He clearly knew no more about the end of the world than anyone else. This is certainly the most embarrassing verse in the Bible. (Essay "The World's Last Night" (1960), found in The Essential C.S. Lewis, p. 385)
    How do you like that? The "master apologist" of the 20th century said Jesus was deluded! So I wonder what exactly he thought I should believe about Christ?

This is just an example of the morass of confusion that is the "Holy Bible." It has much value, just not the kind of value that Christians assert. It obviously can not be the "Word of God" in any kind of sense used by Christians. But it is a mystical book, and as such the source book of the Western esoteric tradition.

The Narnia movies didn't move me much.

It's fine to refer to my deconversion as a deconversion.

You say your life has been turned upside down. I hope you feel comfortable talking about that here. Personally, I like to think that my life has been turned right side up!

I look forward to reading more about the changes and challenges you are experiencing.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I don't recall the discussions about English gematria. I get a lot of emails along those lines. So you will have to remind me. But it probably wouldn't be very helpful since I have a pretty strong (negative) opinion about English gematria.
    The validity of English gematria could be irrelevant to the main premise of this thread.

I read more than a few C. S. Lewis books (The Problem of Pain, Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, the Narnia books) many years ago. I doubt I would now find them helpful ~ they don't deal with the issues in a "Biblical" way. For example, Lewis solved the problems of eschatology by simply saying that Jesus was wrong!
    Good! You saved me a bunch of typing. Lewis was very instrumental in forming my early thinking, but I don't parrot everything he writes. I believe he was influenced by George McDonald, who I also believe was somewhat of an universalist, but don't quote me.

The Narnia movies didn't move me much.
    That's okay. I only asked so that I don't have to explain story and plot details. For others that are following along, sorry. I have to ration my typing since I'm slow and indecisive on what I write.

Some background:

In 1999, I had a very vivid dream that I still remember to this day. I also was reading a book by Bonnie Gaunt about gematria (Jesus Christ - The number of his name, I think, but I don't have it anymore). I don't remember which came first, but the dream frightened me concerning the spiritual well being of my 3 children. I slept very little for several weeks after that dream. I spent a lot of nights praying and reading the bible. One day/night I decided to calculate the gematria of Michael in Hebrew. Of course, I had to do it the hard way; no Bible Wheel site yet, lol. Because of what I was studying at the time (some things I don't remember) His number, 101, started things to gel and at one point I said out loud, "I found the Key!" Now before anyone rolls their eyes and thinks, "Oh great, not another nutcase with a 'special revelation' from God!" remember, I am just reporting my experiences so you can get the big picture. I may have been deceived in a lot of them. Wait til I've shared a bit before you dismiss it all. Back to the key. As soon as I said "key", the buzzer on our clothes dryer went off. It was less than 10 feet away from me. I had been in the bathroom since we were in the beginning stages of building a house from scratch on our 10 acres near the Smoky Mtns Nat Park and the bathroom was the only private place I could go to study, pray, and not bother my wife. I laughed at the buzzer (just a coincidence) and went to the dryer to get my clothes. As I opened the door, a pair of my jeans rolled slightly and out of my "secret" pocket, a gold "master" key plopped onto the floor. Okay, that got my attention! (BTW, my wife and I were Seventh Day Adventists at the time and they/ we believe that Jesus is Michael is God incarnate. And no, Michael is not a created being anymore than you would say Jesus is a created being. Michael was to the angels what he is now to man. Got it? I really don't want to argue about that or SDA's, thank you. That can be done in a different thread and Richard, this is really directed at others who might get me sidetracked as I don't think you would have done that.)

During that time frame, I thought, "Why not English gematria?" God likes to work with the common and the humble. It was only logical to me that God would use the most commonly used language of the Bible, English. So I started to experiment with English gematria, and I quickly found some interesting patterns when I added the ordinal and standard values. Now I always calculate 3 values for English words. Ordinal value (OV), Standard value(SV), and Combined value (CV). Again, the validity of English gematria is mostly irrelevant to where I'm going with this thread. Just be patient with me.

Okay, I'm going to skip a bunch of stuff and fast forward to 2007. After going through periods of backsliding since 1999, I started getting serious about spiritual things again, including gematria. Only, now I had the Bible Wheel database at my fingertips. So see, Richard, it's all your fault from here on out. Just kidding, brother. I've had some incredible devotionals using your website and for that, I am truly grateful. At one point I went for about 5 days w/o any sleep. Zilch, nada. I did not yawn or get sleepy or take any drugs including caffeine. I was teaching high school math at the time and started to get a heavy burden for my students. Weird things were happening that I don't want to go into detail about. It was just before spring break and the principal sent me home early one day because he found out about my lack of sleep. Toward the end of my sleepless period I had what I believe was a vision. Nothing spectacular, just a golden translucent image of a cup/crown with what looked like a DNA strand going through the center and a sine/cosine chain weave (like figure 8's) wrapped around the sides. It was early morning and the sun was just starting to come through the window, I believe. At first I thought it was the sun reflecting through a broken part of the lower sash (double-pane). I asked my wife if she could see it. No. We traded places. She still couldn't see it but I still did. It lasted probably less than 3 minutes. A hallucination? I thought I was pretty lucid at the time, but hey, I have no proof.

Again, amazing things happened during that time frame, but I'm going to skip them and fast forward to the fall of 2010. My spiritual life was on medium low. Neither cold nor hot, Lukewarm, blah. Actually, Christmas of 2009, I had read "Born to Run" (a book about looooooong distance indian runners in the upper canyons of Mexico) and I was on this long distance running kick. I've been accused of being OCD, so I guess that's part of this puzzle, too I even started running to school, 10 miles one way. One week, and only one, I did it all 5 days, 100 miles. At times it was hard and other times it was exhilarating(sp?). In the fall of 2010, I became interested in the upcoming Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I had seen and own the first 2 movies and I was already a Lewis and Narnia fan. I was really looking forward to Dec 10, 2010 , opening day in the US.

To be continued in my next post. Trust me, things will start to get interesting and you will see why I have some questions that I wish could be answered.

Be blessed,
    Steve

Hey there Steve,

Very interesting story. I agree there is no need to sidetrack into the SDA doctrine about Michael. That name had a meaning of "Christ" to you at that time, and that's probably all that matters when it comes to the kind of experiences you are describing.

The key falling out of the pocket after the buzzer buzzed when you said "I have the key" would have been pretty impressive to me too. I've had lot's of experiences like that and they played important roles in the development of my ideas.

I look forward to the continuation of your story.

All the best,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

A minor side trail on some interesting facts about Michael and 101.

Michael occurs 13 times in the OT. The first is in Num 13:13. There are 5 words, the middle being "Sethur", which means "hidden" (weird name for a man) and has a Hebrew gematria of 666 The value of Num 13:13 = 1404. Ps 22:22 also = 1404. (2222 = 22x101)" I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee." There are 7 words in the bible = 1313, the 1st being "reveal" found in Mat 11:27.

The second verse with Michael is I Ch 5:13 = 3007. Is 14:12 = 3007 (Lucifer falling from heaven) In Rev 12:7-9 Michael kicks Satan out of heaven.

The 3rd verse 1 Ch 5:14 = 1852. 2 words = 1852. "Treasury" (of the Temple) and "make manifest". I know this seems like a stretch, but remember the hidden 666 above and how 666 is associated with gold given to Solomon. I report...you decide.

The 4th verse 1 Ch 6:40 = 749 = 7x107. More on that later.

The 5th verse 1 Ch 7:3 = 2273 nothing really stands out here that I can see for now

The 6th verse 1 Ch 8:16 = 888 the one and only verse in the bible that does Now Michael has the "vav" (number of man) added to it to make 107. See 4th verse. 1st word = 101 is "out" describing the river from eden that waters. The last that = 101 is "given" describing the presence of the Holy Spirit. 1st word = 107 is also "out" but now is describing Cain leaving the presence of God. The last word that = 107 is "accursed" describing how Paul wishes he could "save" his kinsmen. So 101 takes on the 6 to take the curse(107) of leaving the presence of God and that describes 888, Jesus!

The 7th verse 1 Ch 12:20 = 4077 = 27 x 151 Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit both = 151 in English ordinal values. Just saying

The 8th verse 1 Ch 27:18 = 1236 = 12 x 103 1st word = 103 is star, last word = 103 is love. 2718 = 18 x 151. Just saying.

11th verse Dan 10:13 = 5993 = 13 x 461 = Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. Now we are back to 13 again which ties in with Christ and his disciples. Zec 13:7 The Lord smites the shepherd. 1 st word = 461 is smite. Last word is hurt.
    1013 gives us all sorts of goodies as if I need to tell you.

13th verse Dan 12:1 = 6655 =11x11x11x5 11 ties to witness and death. Here we have 11 raised to the 3rd power. Next verse talks about people rising from the dead. The word after Michael is prince = 505

If a 100 sheep represent the fold, then wouldn't the shepherd that became one of them be lamb # 101
    In English gematria, the ord and std values of "lamb" add to 101, cool.
    Ord values of Zebulun (I believe where Jesus lived) and Melchizedek(order of priesthood) = 101

The holy of holies is 10x10x10. Counting from the ground and center, cube #101 would be centered over the mercy seat with half inside the ark, i.e., the mercy seat cuts cube 101 in half The 2 diagonals of the HoH at 14.14 cubits (10 x sq rt of 2) intersect at the ark at 7.07.

101 base 2 = 5 grace, will, etc
    101 base 3 = 10 law
    101 base 4 = 17 resurrection
    101 base 5 = 26 YHVH
    101 base 6 = 37 perfect man? Abel, heart, etc
    101 base 7 = 50 Jubilee, etc
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 01-14-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: because I can't spell

A few more things about 101 before I get back to my story.

Zebulun (means "exalted") in Hebrew gematria jumps around from 95(predominant) and 101 just as Michael jumps around 101(predominant) and 107. So we have 101 -6 and 101 + 6. When you add 95 + 107 you get 202 or 101x 2. Keep the #202 on the back burner as it plays a vital role in my story.

I just have to throw this in because I think it's a neat coincidence. The std English gematria (ESV) of Zebulun = 1487. The 1487th verse is Gen 49:13 Zebulun shall dwell at the haven of the sea; and he shall be for an haven of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon. There are 2 words and 3 verses that = 1487. http://biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Database...em_Number=1487

Zebulun, the 10th son, has the greatest ESV of 1487. Gad, the 7th son, has the least at 12. Adding the two gives you 1499 http://biblewheel.com/gr/gr_1499.asp

If the 12 sons are arranged in a 3x4 matrix according to order in Jacob's prophecy in Gen 49, Gad and Zebulun would be in the center. I believe I got the idea of putting them in a matrix from Vernon Jenkins website, which is awesome.

There are 108 words that = 101
    http://biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Database...y_Gematria=101
    The 100th word is Daniel and the last Hebrew word is Jonah. The 3 Greek words in their order: one that give.

Richard, I believe the database missed the 1st occurrence of Zebulun = 101 in Gen 35:23 http://biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Database...num=35&vnum=23 and not Deu 27:13. Also, when I was researching any significance of 108 to 101 I found an error. http://biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Database.asp?Gem_Num=108 has ego/ I (G1473) in Mat 3:15, when it really is hemin/ us (G2254). That word "us" is the 107th. See 107 above

Okay, enough of this rabbit trail or I'll never get to my story

I was anxiously awaiting The Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie and so I was lurking on the Narniaweb forum which so happens to have the maximum users online as ...................................... wait for it................................. 101 http://forum.narniaweb.com/index.php...6bf0c696904472

There were several people shredding the movie before they even saw it. Oh well. Dec 9, 2010 came and impatient me decided to take my wife to the midnight premier even though I had school to teach the next day. The first 20 minutes I was grinning from ear to ear. Narnia in 3D on the big screen. I absolutely loved Narnia as a kid and now at 57, I still enjoy the books, and the movies, too! When they introduced the green mist and the 7 swords, my heart sank a little, just a little. The movie moved really fast and it was over before I knew what to think. After leaving the theater, I thought, "Not bad, maybe 3 out of 5 stars." A little better than Prince Caspian, but not as good as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. The next day I thought, "You know, that wasn't fair to the movie. You were tired and you had read all those negative posts on the forum. You never let the movie just be what it was meant to be." I wasn't letting the creators tell their story because it didn't conform exactly to my interpretation. Sound familiar? We went again that Saturday, the 11th. I was rested and the movie definitely went slower for me. It was now a 4 out of 5 star movie. Christmas vacation was coming and so was family. I wanted to take my kids and grandkids to see the movie. It was growing on me. Over the next few weeks, through Christmas break and maybe more, I saw it 6 times in the regular theaters. A new record for me TLTWTW was 2nd at 5, I believe, and before that was The Sound of Music (don't remember)

Jan 2011. People were complaining on Narniaweb about the movie and finally, I got so sick of the negativity, that I came out of lurkdom. One thread was about the swords glowing blue and a lot of the comments were negative. Then it all started I decided to see if the English gematria could shed some light on this (pun intended). First off, what was this Rhindon thing? Oh, that's Peter's sword given to him by Aslan. Had to look that up. At first I thought it was from LOTR because of all the comparisons people were making. I finally decided on the combination "Blue Star Rhindon" It made sense to me. I did all three values on every word. Ord Value was 40 + 58 + 82 = 180. Std Value was 337 + 391 + 271 = 999. That got my attention. Combined 180 + 999 = 1179. More on that # later.

I tried all sorts of colors to see if I could get anymore triples. Nothing. But wait. What about the "darkness" from the movie. Whoa! Dark Star Rhindon = 777 std English Gematria Then I tried all sorts of combos like "Red Star", "Red Rhindon". Bronze, brass, silver,... wait, .... "Silver Rindon" = 1072 when you add the ord and std values ( I sometimes like to think of it as the exalted value) 1072 is the reflection of Gen 1:1 = 2701 and silver in the bible is used to show redemption. Silver is also used in mirrors because of its reflective qualities. The movie is filled with the idea of reflections(not all gematria), which I'll show later. I was getting excited, to say the least. I started calculating the values to any significant word I could think of from the movie. So many times I was stunned. It became overwhelming. I was searching word meanings in the bible, I was following all sorts of rabbit trails. And then the, I guess what you like to call, synchrocities started appearing. I've had them before, but not like this, a flood.

One color I didn't try at first was indigo. Most of us just say blue. But when you combine the ord and std values of indigo, star, and rhindon, you get 999, the same as blue star rhindon std value. How cool is that? I did a word study on indigo. It used to be a law in England that only certain people could wear wear indigo. Wow!http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/color-indigo.htm

Okay, I'm tired. Peter's sword Rhindon plays a crucial part in the movie and its std value 271 played a huge part in my experience.http://biblewheel.com/gr/gr_271.asp

Next, I'll concentrate on Rhindon and 271. I'm going to watch Tim Tebow. Maybe he'll throw for 271 yards.

Steve

ps. Now you can see the Ps 27:1 connection. But wait, there's more. Is 27:1 desrcibes exactly the battle scene with the sea serpent. Wow!
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 01-14-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: for a ps

Hi Richard and anyone else following,

I'm going to try to cut to the chase as soon as possible because I'm sure some of this seems pointless and/or worthless. I've been accused of just doing tricks with the numbers to find meaning and I know it's an easy trap to fall into. One guy on fivedoves (which you are familiar with, I believe) was trying to show that Tom Brady's passing yards of 363 is code for 3333 because 363 is 3,3+3,3. I try not to do stuff like that and you will see shortly that I have a legitimate case for astonishment.

For those that don't know the English gematria following the Hebrew and Greek pattern:

R H I N D O N
    18+8+9+14+4+15+14 = 82 Ordinal Value (position in the alphabet)
    90+8+9+50+4+60+50 = 271 Standard or Normal Value
    ---------------------------- 353 Combined Value (not common, but I do it for all my calculations)

I was really taken back when I saw the significance of 271, especially it being the heart of the 10th star and Israel http://biblewheel.com/gr/gr_271.asp and the fact that I thought the movie was really about the 10 commandments. Combining "Blue Star " with "Rhindon "gave me the 999 which had some interesting things, but the combined value of 1179 is what took my breath away. And that isn't even the chase scene. Just getting the engine warmed up.

There are 5 words that = 1179. Rightly, bring, Salmone, watch, show. http://biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Database...em_Number=1179 "Watch show" That's funny, I thought, but who or what is Salmone? At first, I thought it was the daughter of Herodias (Well it is close to Salome, which btw the Bible doesn't identify as she)

Σαλμωνη Salmone {sal-mo'-nay} perhaps of similar origin to 4529;; n pr loc AV - Salmone 1; 1 Salmone = VclothedV 1) a bold promontory on the east point of the island of Crete

Are you kidding me? Lilliandil, the blue star, takes them to a promontory of Ramandu's Island so that she can show them Dark Island where the 7th sword is. The verse that has Salmone(only place) = 1179, has Crete = 486. Guess what? Ramandu = 486 std English gematria. Ramandu Island is lush. Crete is said to be the most fertile isle in the Med sea. But wait, there's more Read the 20 Greek words that = 486 in their order. The first 3 words are closet, father, child. In the book, Ramandu and daughter come out of a door from the hillside.

All the Verses in the Bible with Sum = 486

Thou shalt not steal. Exo 20:15
    And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: Jer 32:38

Wow! The 8th commandment and Rhindon is the 8th sword that lights up blue and saves the day. The next verse. That is what was stolen. People, souls as was said in the movie.

(I decided to delete the data regarding the student #'s because of privacy issues. Sorry. Let's just say that 1179, 082, 271, 353, etc turned up in improbable locations.)

I had asked the math dept head what she thought the actual probability that 082, 271, 353 would show up at those positions. She thought to do it as a string of 42 numbers. I believe the outer 2 numbers (1st and 5th) are irrelevant to calculating the odds. Well, to pick the correct order of 3 out of 42 is 1/42 X 1/41 X 1/40 = 1 / 68880. This is interesting seeing that the 2 common values of Jesus in Greek are 688 and 888. At first I thought the total probability was 1 out of 68,880,000,000,000. But I believe the other 39 are also irrelevant to the 3 turning up that way which brings me back to 1 in a billion. Still, incredible odds. The fact that those numbers didn't show up anywhere else makes it even higher.

For the word of God is quick [living], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 4.12

Also amazing is the "zao" in that verse last occurs in Rev 20:4 with a value of 271.

If I were at liberty to show the names of the students that went with all these numbers you would be blown away.

More amazing stuff to come with questions and comments.

Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 01-18-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: to remove possible privacy infringement

Hey there Steve,

I can see why you got excited about numbers. There are a lot of striking synchronicities in your story. Your excitement reminds me about how I felt way back in the early 90s when I first discovered Greek and Hebrew gematria, when I too had many striking synchronicities that convinced me of its validity.

So what do you think it all means? Does it serve as a kind of "confirmation" to you that the Christian God is in control of the universe? Personally, I don't see any significance in English Gematria because I can't see any way to tell whether or not it is just a bunch of random numbers and words. Of course, your personal experience of synchronicities has convinced you, but I doubt such things would ever convince anyone else. So the question is, What good is it? What does it really mean?

In my experience, I would have abandoned the study of gematria if I had not discovered the Biblical Holographs which are self-confirming, self-authenticating, and profoundly beautful. I've never seen anything like that in any form of English Gematria. Have you?

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Steve,

I can see why you got excited about numbers. There are a lot of striking synchronicities in your story. Your excitement reminds me about how I felt way back in the early 90s when I first discovered Greek and Hebrew gematria, when I too had many striking synchronicities that convinced me of its validity.
    Ignore the validity of English gematria. I was looking for Rhindon and it was exactly in the right spot in the 42 number string. The improbability is at the minimum 1 in a billion. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. There is a ton of other stuff, some which I can't share because of privacy issues, which pushes the idea of randomness into the arena of ridiculous.

Here is something separate from gematria. One saturday, I decided to go to a messianic service (I had worshipped with them in the past). The congregation was at a new location but it was on a main 4 lane street close to where I live. I thought, no need to google this, I'll just drive until I get to 12813 ******Well, 12813 was further down the pike than I had realized. I had pulled into a couple of parking lots, got turned around several times. Must have looked funny! No big deal. People come and go during the service all the time. I stood in the back and the leader was talking about some people that were sick and needed prayers. For some reason I was thinking about the address and that 128 was 2 to the 7th power. At that very moment, a lady stands up not far from me and starts reading out of Romans 8 in the NIV. I recognized it right away because Romans 8 is the 1st whole chapter that my wife and I memorized together when we were doing a lot of memory work in the 90's. I opened my bible and the verse she was on was page 1286. Okay, that was cool. I don't remember much else about the service. When I drove home, just before I pulled into our subdivision, a vehicle (truck, but not sure) drove right by me with an orange UT liscence plate 1286. Figure out the probability of that!

There is more to this incident, but I have to bring back the gematria. Remember the indirect route I took to the church? The next day, Sunday, my wife and I went to the dollar (actually, $2) theater to see VDT for the 7th time I figured I had to make it 7 since the movie is about recovering 7 lost swords. Well, I knew that black Rhindon = 111 and blue star Rhindon = 999. Imagine my surprise when I saw the odometer read 111,995at our house before we left. I kept my eyes on the odometer and saw it turn 111,999 a half mile before the theater. (Black and blue means you've been in a fight) The film was all washed out, pun intended. That was it for me in the theaters, although I still enjoyed the movie. Half mile out and the odo turned 112,000.

I have the video now. The film is 112 minutes. I wish I could tell you the student's name that had the 271 (Rhindon), but I think it's okay to give the gematria values. Ord value of 1st and last name = 112. Std value = 913 = "In the beginning"

So what do you think it all means? Does it serve as a kind of "confirmation" to you that the Christian God is in control of the universe? Personally, I don't see any significance in English Gematria because I can't see any way to tell whether or not it is just a bunch of random numbers and words. Of course, your personal experience of synchronicities has convinced you, but I doubt such things would ever convince anyone else. So the question is, What good is it? What does it really mean?
    I was kinda wanting to ask you that But then you went off on this new quest of yours and here I am stuck with this glowing radioactive lightning rod Don't you think I've struggled with God over this? At times I feel like I'm divinating and doing something wrong and other times I feel this deep communinion with my Savior. I've cried bucket of tears over my sins and failures and I've tried to be move loving and forgiving to my fellow man.

One of the things I was experiencing in the spring was being woken up at odd times during the night. It almost always had significance. The strongest example was on April 27, 2011. It was the 10th anniversary of my father's death. I was woken at 3:08. At appr. 8:00 pm that night, my wife came down the stairs to turn on and watch "In the Middle". Instead we saw an angry storm coming right at us on the radar. My wife tells me ,"Get the car in the garage!" Fortunately, I had just recently cleaned it out . As I was driving the car into the garage, hailsones started to fall. Was it 8:03? I don't know. Knoxville took a beating that night, as did my house. Over 16,000 worth of damage. While I was watching the news, at one point they said 8833 people were w/o power. Well, 8833= 803x11. When I checked our deed for the insurance company, I saw that our lot was 80x308. 80308

In my experience, I would have abandoned the study of gematria if I had not discovered the Biblical Holographs which are self-confirming, self-authenticating, and profoundly beautful. I've never seen anything like that in any form of English Gematria. Have you?
    How hard would it be to take the English text and do what you did with the Hebrew and Greek? Only, include the ord and combined values as well. I bet a lot of people would be interested in it, myself included.

The biggest question I have for you is not over English gematria, but how you can see all the beauty in the work you've done and experienced the synchronicities, yet believe that "God" is not involved?

Be blessed,
    Steve

Here is something else independant from English gematria. The seven swords were recovered from 4 of 5 islands. The sequence went like this: 1st island (Lone) - 1, 2nd(Coriakin) - 0, 3rd(Dragon) - 2, 4th (Ramandu) - 3, 5th (Dark) - 1. When I saw the 1231 pattern, I thought I had recognized it from your website. Sure enough, "The Ten Commandments". Exactly what I thought the movie was about. One day I was explaining the 1231 to a colleague of mine. That very night I was woken up at 12:31

And now, just today I thought about including the 2nd island where there were no swords. So now we have the sequence 1-0-2-3-1. So I go check 10231. No words or verses = 10231, but wait. 10231 = 13 x 787. Well, you and I agree that 13 = love and 13 is at the center of the 12. And 787 is a palidrone (I like to call them menorah numbers). So I type in 787. The first 5 words (10231 is 5 digits) are "meet, seventh, take, save, seventh" and the 7th word is salvation or safety or victory or deliverance

Another coincidence. When you line up the digits with the 5 words, the 1st seventh is 0 or off and then 2nd seventh is 1 or on.

How do you like them apples?

Be blessed,
    Steve

Thread Information