I was rough-housing with my 30 year old nephew on Christmas day and injured my ribs on the left side of my body. I had jumped on his back from behind and gave him a big bear hug, and he bent forward lifting me off the ground and I felt something go "pop" in my ribs. I'm pretty sure a couple ribs separated (the ligaments tore apart). It didn't hurt too bad till the third day after some vigorous exercise. It then became quite excruciating. A simple burp would wiggle the wounded ribs and cause a LOT of pain. I could barely walk and had to lie flat on my back.

So anyway, this wound seems oddly synchronistic with the coming of the New Year 2012 since it has caused me to meditate upon my ribs which are naturally associated with the Number 12 (since there are 12 pairs of them, attached to 12 vertebrae). It has led me to be very aware of my body, and to be very "mindful" when doing anything. And there's something about it that seems "prophetic" or "in tune with" the coming year, which, BTW, I feel is going to be an absolutely wonderful, enlightening, powerful, and productive year. It's the "Year of Lamed" ...