Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12

    Kaligraphy and Tetris

    Any one knows of a 3D Tetris with the shape of capital letters ?

    The O would be a donut not a sphere.

    The idea is a bit the same as this old game we play when were kids. Remember we hide our hands in the back a choose to make a pair of scissor, a well, a leaf or a stone. Then we show our hands all in the same time.
    Depending on the shape, we win over the others. or instead of winning we can says that a hiearchie is establish...

    I'm trying to find the same kind of hierachy with the letters. Because I believe a lot of meaning has been put in their shapes. And even if it was not intentional at first but pratical, the shape of the letters in itself has influenced the words where it appears...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Minanga View Post
    Any one knows of a 3D Tetris with the shape of capital letters ?

    The O would be a donut not a sphere.

    The idea is a bit the same as this old game we play when were kids. Remember we hide our hands in the back a choose to make a pair of scissor, a well, a leaf or a stone. Then we show our hands all in the same time.
    Depending on the shape, we win over the others. or instead of winning we can says that a hiearchie is establish...

    I'm trying to find the same kind of hierachy with the letters. Because I believe a lot of meaning has been put in their shapes. And even if it was not intentional at first but pratical, the shape of the letters in itself has influenced the words where it appears...
    That sounds like an interesting game, but I wonder if we could define a 3D alphabet in which all the letters could interlock?

    I don't recall the child's game of scissor, well, leaf or stone. I'll have to Google it!

    When you speak of the meaning in the shape of the letters, are you talking about the Latin alphabet? I know that the Jews have a lot of tradition around the meaning of the shapes of the Hebrew letters. Personally, I never saw much in that because the "block letters" lost the connection with the original pictographs.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12

    further research

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That sounds like an interesting game, but I wonder if we could define a 3D alphabet in which all the letters could interlock?
    I don't think we could, but we could find a new ways to group letters. For exemple, all letters (size 12pt) where A can go througt.
    I guess for most fonts, A can go throught O and D, Q but not throug B, P, R
    Z, U, I , S, G?, J, L, M, W, C, V, N may all go through the wholes of O, D, P Q, D, B, fewer through the whol of A
    Don't ask me what I want to do with that.. It's just a Tetris game


    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    When you speak of the meaning in the shape of the letters, are you talking about the Latin alphabet?
    I know that the Jews have a lot of tradition around the meaning of the shapes of the Hebrew letters. Personally, I never saw much in that because the "block letters" lost the connection with the original pictographs.
    I'd love to have further information about the above underlined (maybe you have links to share with me).

    Yes the Latin alphabet. But I think that, if some block letters have lost connection with the original pictographs, they all have kept the connection with the original pictograph usage. (see post of alphabet order for the original shapes)
    And it is the usage of the pictographs, I'm interested in.
    • Why did we represent the "A" sound as a reverse ox head ?
    • Why did we use the plan of a Building for "B" sound? Why not a symbol of Breast of BABA which could have symbolzed the mother, coming juste after the Father(Aleph) ?
    • What ideas, does an average human associate with the shape "C"? (brainstorming from C shape without sound)
    • Is there a link with those ideas / concepts and the sound of "C"? (brainstorming form "C" sound without images)
    • Is it culturaly dependent?
    • Can we link the "alert scream" of Baboons to some human glyphs used in to produce alert words and concepts?
      • What vibration and electromagnetic patterns would we identify in people's brain when they experience the shape / the sound the letter K, for example?
      • Can sequences of such sounds, or shapes create objectively, a peacefull state of mind or on the countrary a unconfortable feeling?



    I think many of us would apreaciate to know how to speak new words or sentences with no other goal than to bring peace of mind and reconfort. The Budhist same AOUMMMM... the semit AMINNNN AMENNN, SHALOMMMMM.... My big idea is to live a life, like a continus M, mother of all vibes
    Last edited by Minanga; 12-30-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: trying to clarify

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •