Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Locust

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Les, are you indicating that the 'type' was physical locust upon Egypt while the 'anti-type' would be of the spiritual locust. If so I agree.
    Yes, the Army that God used (Roman) ate up the Israel of Darkness.
    Brother Les

I'm kind of curious brother Beck. Since you agree that the "type" of Locust attacking Egypt, was the "anti-type" of Locust of Rome attacking Israel, then how is it that you believe the Locust in Revelation is attributed to Israeli leaders?

I be totally lost now.

Joe
    Last edited by TheForgiven; 01-13-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    Yes, the Army that God used (Roman) ate up the Israel of Darkness.
    Now how was it that the Roman's ate up Israel in this spiritual sence?
    Beck

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    I'm kind of curious brother Beck. Since you agree that the "type" of Locust attacking Egypt, was the "anti-type" of Locust of Rome attacking Israel, then how is it that you believe the Locust in Revelation is attributed to Israeli leaders?

I be totally lost now.

Joe
    You are the one that attributes the locust as being Roman, not me What I agree with is that the anti-type is of the spiritual that which leads to that of the wicked men of Israel deceiving the people of Israel to believe a lie. Hints the darkness of deception hidding the Light of the word of God.

Joe if you don't mine can you make note of all the symbols that refer to the Roman army as locust from Revelation 9. I would like to have a side by side comparison of that view beside my view. To see how far they are from each position and how close they are.
    Beck

Outline of Revelation 9

Here's my outline of the position concerning the spiritual aspect of Revelation 9 of false teachers. I will not get to all of the aspects now, but will as we work our way through them.

STAR FALLING FROM HEAVEN
    This star is seen by Jesus in Luke 10 as the power of darkness falling as if it was lighting. This of course is in relationship to the power given to the seventy to walk on serpents and scorpions. Which should be understood in an spiritual sence and not in the literal sence. The power that they were given was in the truth and it had power over the Pharisees and Sadducees causing them to not speak shutting up their mouths.

This star would also be in relation to Revelation 8:10 that which speaks of that star name as wormword which is interperted as pride which makes the water bitter. There is a number of symbolism as to wormwood, water and bitterness which shows that pride of the flesh causes the water of life to be bitter.
    And a star that falls from heaven loose it's brightness thereby creates darkness by the lack there of.

BOTTOMLESS PIT
    This bottomless pit denotes a place of unlimitedness. The pit also denotes darkness, so then we have a place of darkness that is unlimited. In turn this star called pride has the key of the place of unlimited darkness.

SMOKE
    The star named wormwood (pride) opens this unlimited pit of darkness and smoke arose. Smoke is though of in the sence of a smoke screen or a diversion in this case it would be a diversion of the turth.

SUN AND AIR
    Is darken by the smoke that rose up out of the unlimited pit to hid or cover up the sun and it's light. The air likewise is made thick, both of these represents the light [knowledge]in the truth which is hidden by the darkness of deceptions and lies.

LOCUST
    These come up out of the pit of darkness deceiving as if they had power in the tails like as the scorpions have power. This is an illustration that Jesus alluded to concerning the Sadducees that they had a tail to hurt men. The Locust is described as a creature that devoured trees and plaints, but here was given not to hurt those that are sealed as the trees and every green thing. To hurt only men not seal by God. This shows that those that are in darkness not knowing the truth are those not having the seal of God are tormented. Jesus spoke of these men which is to be tormented as the blind which is lead by the blind.(Matt.23:13-33)

I'll stop here so we can digest this and allow for discussion.
    Beck

Hi Beck. I'm sorry for taking ap long to reply to your posts, but I've been very busy with college and job searching. I'll get back to you as soon as time permits. Got up very early this morning as you could probably see. LoL!

I promise to return soon and answer your questions.

Please pray that God will lead me to a job.

JOE
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

A take on locusts

Sorry to jump in this exchange of ideas. I just want to turn your attention to a rather intriguing perspective on Bible prophecy at http://www.beholdthebeast.com/mathem...f_prophecy.htm There is a lot of detail, involving the "locust" analyses, but I do not remember the exact thread. so I am providing one of the links that I found of interest there Anyway the explanation in relation to terms such as" Man of sin, Daniel's Beasts, locusts, etc. in the light of both OT and NT seem revealing Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaveraOh View Post
    Sorry to jump in this exchange of ideas. I just want to turn your attention to a rather intriguing perspective on Bible prophecy at http://www.beholdthebeast.com/mathem...f_prophecy.htm There is a lot of detail, involving the "locust" analyses, but I do not remember the exact thread. so I am providing one of the links that I found of interest there Anyway the explanation in relation to terms such as" Man of sin, Daniel's Beasts, locusts, etc. in the light of both OT and NT seem revealing Enjoy!

The web site that you posted seems more of being an anti-Islam web site, with a Futurest hint of Prophecy concerning the Carnal Jewish 'Israel' of the 1948 'generation'. Most of the information on that web site will be laughed out of any serious Biblical discussion. The Biblical Eschatology of the NT Age Ending is for the First Century.
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    Hi Beck. I'm sorry for taking ap long to reply to your posts, but I've been very busy with college and job searching. I'll get back to you as soon as time permits. Got up very early this morning as you could probably see. LoL!

I promise to return soon and answer your questions.

Please pray that God will lead me to a job.

JOE
    No problem Joe take as much time as you need there's no hurry.
    Beck

Thread Information