Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Dream of the Butterfly

Tao Living
    by Derek Lin

It was a cool evening in ancient China. Chuang Tzu's friend went looking for him at the local inn. He found Chuang Tzu sitting at a table, sipping his drink in a contemplative mood.
    "There you are!" Chuang Tzu's friend greeted him. "I thought by now you would be telling everybody another one of your stories. Why so quiet?"
    "There is a question on my mind," said Chuang Tzu, "a question about existence."
    "I see. Would you like me to leave you alone to your thoughts?"
    "No, let me share it with you. Perhaps you can provide me with your perspective."
    "My perspective is of little value, but I would be glad to listen." He pulled up a chair.
    "I was out for a stroll late in the afternoon," said Chuang Tzu. "I went to one of my favorite spots under a tree. I sat there, thinking about the meaning of life. It was so warm and pleasant that I soon relaxed, dozed off, and drifted into a dream. In my dream, I found myself flying up above the field. I looked behind me and saw that I had wings. They were large and beautiful, and they fluttered rapidly. I had turned into a butterfly! It was such a feeling of freedom and joy, to be so carefree and fly around so lightly in any way I wished. Everything in this dream felt absolutely real in every way. Before long, I forgot that I was ever Chuang Tzu. I was simply the butterfly and nothing else."
    "I've had dreams of flying myself, but never as a butterly," Chuang Tzu's friend said. "This dream sounds like a wonderful experience."
    "It was, but like all things, it had to end sooner or later. Gradually, I woke up and realized that I was Chuang Tzu after all. This is what puzzles me."
    "What is so puzzling about it? You had a nice dream, that's all there is to it."
    "What if I am dreaming right now? This conversation I am having with you seems real in every way, but so did my dream. I thought I was Chuang Tzu who had a dream of being a butterfly. What if I am a butterfly who, at this very moment, is dreaming of being Chuang Tzu?"
    "Well, I can tell you that you are actually Chuang Tzu, not a butterfly."
    Chuang Tzu smiled: "You may simply be part of my dream, no more or less real than anything else. Thus, there is nothing you can do to help me identify the distinction between Chuang Tzu and the butterfly. This, my friend, is the essential question about the transformation of existence."
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    For those who are not familiar with Chuan Tse who is known also as Zhuangzi was a follower and student of Lao Tse also known as Laozi. Laozi was the founder of Taoism. And surprising, the "Tao" in Taoism means the Way. Reminds me of Jesus words, "I am the Truth, the Way and the Life". Taoism is influenced from Confucianism and both plays a major part in Chinese culture, beliefs and thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laozi

http://www.sacu.org/daovirtue.html

In Jesus name.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    For those who are not familiar with Chuan Tse who is known also as Zhuangzi was a follower and student of Lao Tse also known as Laozi. Laozi was the founder of Taoism. And surprising, the "Tao" in Taoism means the Way. Reminds me of Jesus words, "I am the Truth, the Way and the Life". Taoism is influenced from Confucianism and both plays a major part in Chinese culture, beliefs and thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laozi

http://www.sacu.org/daovirtue.html

In Jesus name.
    Yeah ~ if I were to translate that verse into Chinese, would it sound like Taoism to you Cheow Wee?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Yeah ~ if I were to translate that verse into Chinese, would it sound like Taoism to you Cheow Wee?
    Years ago I have suspected double meanings when Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Of course, we know that He meant to follow His way, believe His Words and you will receive eternal Life for no one goes to the Father but through Him. On the other hand, it donned on me that Jesus may be saying all religions eventually point and bow down to Him, be it the gods of the Way(Taoism), gods of the Truth (Greek and Romans gods, perhaps Islam which is also known as the religion of Truth), gods of Life (Egyptian gods).

May Jesus be the Way, the Truth in your life.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Post Butterflies ~ Born Again of the Spirit!

Maybe Taoism is just waiting to be born again as Tau.

One day I was writing a letter the total was 248629 Base 1 ~ Two four eight six two nine = 319 Base 1.

Just after writing this letter and before I could do the total my wife recounted a vision she had last night of a thin Ribbon of red blood that came when she heard a very distinct sound. The sound she said had the colour of blue but it sounded like the letter T. I said maybe it represents the Tao and She said no its Tau. So we looked up Tau in Wiki. Tau is "T" the 19th letter of the Greek alphabet and has a value of 300. ~ When I came back to do the total of this letter it was 319 B1 ~ 300+19.

300 in the bible wheel is The Holy Spirit and 19 is Physical manifestation.
    Tau ~ Golden Ratio ~ 1.618 ~ Time ~ Opacity ~ Life & Resurrection ~ Cross ~ Franciscan orders due to St. Francis' love for it.

Maybe those looking to know Tao can be helped by looking at Tau, to understand Taoism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Tao Living
    by Derek Lin

It was a cool evening in ancient China. Chuang Tzu's friend went looking for him at the local inn. He found Chuang Tzu sitting at a table, sipping his drink in a contemplative mood.
    "There you are!" Chuang Tzu's friend greeted him. "I thought by now you would be telling everybody another one of your stories. Why so quiet?"
    "There is a question on my mind," said Chuang Tzu, "a question about existence."
    "I see. Would you like me to leave you alone to your thoughts?"
    "No, let me share it with you. Perhaps you can provide me with your perspective."
    "My perspective is of little value, but I would be glad to listen." He pulled up a chair.
    "I was out for a stroll late in the afternoon," said Chuang Tzu. "I went to one of my favorite spots under a tree. I sat there, thinking about the meaning of life. It was so warm and pleasant that I soon relaxed, dozed off, and drifted into a dream. In my dream, I found myself flying up above the field. I looked behind me and saw that I had wings. They were large and beautiful, and they fluttered rapidly. I had turned into a butterfly! It was such a feeling of freedom and joy, to be so carefree and fly around so lightly in any way I wished. Everything in this dream felt absolutely real in every way. Before long, I forgot that I was ever Chuang Tzu. I was simply the butterfly and nothing else."
    "I've had dreams of flying myself, but never as a butterly," Chuang Tzu's friend said. "This dream sounds like a wonderful experience."
    "It was, but like all things, it had to end sooner or later. Gradually, I woke up and realized that I was Chuang Tzu after all. This is what puzzles me."
    "What is so puzzling about it? You had a nice dream, that's all there is to it."
    "What if I am dreaming right now? This conversation I am having with you seems real in every way, but so did my dream. I thought I was Chuang Tzu who had a dream of being a butterfly. What if I am a butterfly who, at this very moment, is dreaming of being Chuang Tzu?"
    "Well, I can tell you that you are actually Chuang Tzu, not a butterfly."
    Chuang Tzu smiled: "You may simply be part of my dream, no more or less real than anything else. Thus, there is nothing you can do to help me identify the distinction between Chuang Tzu and the butterfly. This, my friend, is the essential question about the transformation of existence."

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Maybe Taoism is just waiting to be born again as Tau.

One day I was writing a letter the total was 248629 Base 1 ~ Two four eight six two nine = 319 Base 1.

Just after writing this letter and before I could do the total my wife recounted a vision she had last night of a thin Ribbon of red blood that came when she heard a very distinct sound. The sound she said had the colour of blue but it sounded like the letter T. I said maybe it represents the Tao and She said no its Tau. So we looked up Tau in Wiki. Tau is "T" the 19th letter of the Greek alphabet and has a value of 300. ~ When I came back to do the total of this letter it was 319 B1 ~ 300+19.

300 in the bible wheel is The Holy Spirit and 19 is Physical manifestation.
    Tau ~ Golden Ratio ~ 1.618 ~ Time ~ Opacity ~ Life & Resurrection ~ Cross ~ Franciscan orders due to St. Francis' love for it.

Maybe those looking to know Tao can be helped by looking at Tau, to understand Taoism.
    Very interesting convergence of numbers, words, and symbols there Thomas. It must give you the chills to see such things come together. It sounds like synesthesia when you talk about sounds having color. It's the sort of thing that seems pretty common amongst folks who are visionaries.

That's what I like about the numbers ~ they add a very left-brained analytic expression to the mystical visions.

I agree 300 = Ruach Elohim (Spirit of God) and 19 = physical manifestation. So 319 = lithos (stone) fits well, we are called "living stones."

How does Tau connect with the Golden Ratio?

And opacity? And Time? I don't follow that line of associations.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information