Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Might קְנֵה בֹשֶׂם, "k'neih bosem", mentioned in Exodus 30:23, be Cannabis?

Some do contend so.

"And you, take for yourself spices of the finest sort: of pure myrrh five hundred [shekel weights]; of fragrant cinnamon half of it two hundred and fifty [shekel weights]; of fragrant cane two hundred and fifty [shekel weights], and of cassia five hundred [shekel weights] according to the holy shekel, and one hin of olive oil. You shall make this into an oil of holy annoinment, a perfumed compound according to the art of a perfumer; it shall be an oil of holy anointment.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1090.html
    Yeah, I've read about that too. It seems plausible. Cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms and other mind altering plants have been known and used for many centuries by mystics.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Yeah, I've read about that too. It seems plausible. Cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms and other mind altering plants have been known and used for many centuries by mystics.
    Yes, but "k'neih bosem" is an ingredient of the holy anointing oil, with which also the Messiah is (will be) smeared, "shemen mishchat-kodesh", from which he derives his name, Christ, the anointed one.

Yes, but "k'neih bosem" is an ingredient of the holy anointing oil, with which also the Messiah is (will be) smeared, "shemen mishchat-kodesh", from which he derives his name, Christ, the anointed one.
    Will be? Are you denying that Jesus was the Messiah?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Will be? Are you denying that Jesus was the Messiah?

Jesus wasn't smeared with the holy anointing oil, and yet (believed to be) the Christ.

Like also Pinchas wasn't anointed, and yet he got an eternal covenant of priesthood (Numbers 25:13)

Rashi:
    Although the kehunah had already been given to Aaron’s descendants, it had been given only to Aaron and his sons who were anointed with him, and to their children whom they would beget after their anointment. Phinehas, however, who was born before that and had never been anointed, had not been included in the kehunah until now. And so, we learn in [Tractate] Zevachim [101b],“Phinehas was not made a kohen until he killed Zimri.”
    According to Jewish tradition Pinchas became Elijah in his act of killing zimri and Kozbi,
    Elijah who is said to have returned as John the Baptist.

Jesus wasn't smeared with the holy anointing oil, and yet (believed to be) the Christ.
    Is that a yes or a no?

Check out my blog site

Is that a yes or a no?
    Mark 14:61,
    But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

Wasn't the High Priest the one who should have smeared him?

I realize this is off topic, but is in connection with the post before this.

The kings or Israel beginning with Saul were anointed by Samuel. Will Jesus undergo a comparable anointing when he takes up his kingly throne in Jerusalem on earth?

Jesus was anointed in different ways not all pertaining to the anointing to kingship following the tradition first done by Samuel.

(Luke 4:18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; and this was recognized by Peter in Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

A different anointing is recorded in Luke 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. Jesus goes on to confirm; (v 46) My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
    This woman (Mary) was recognizing Jesus as her king and saviour and she anointed him symbolically as befitted his title in the only way that was possible to her.

Peter and John are credited with saying; (Acts 4:25) Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Jesus was recognized as their king when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey fulfilling prophecy; (Luke19:38) Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
    This was fulfilling Zechariah 9:9; Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

It can be argued that Jesus, the Christ, the Messiah has already been anointed and accepted as king and therefore when he returns, he does not need to be formally anointed before taking up the throne in Jerusalem.

(Luke 2:39) And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
    Did more take place than is not recorded in detail. Mary presented Jesus in the temple as was prescribed by the law and we take that to be have been done, but could an anointing also have taken place and had all this been done by the High Priest of the time? What is the anointing to which Peter refers had already been done (Acts 4:25) by the people?

Here is a prophecy that has not been fulfilled and is speaking of a time to come when all families of the earth will have to go up to Jerusalem to worship the king enthroned there; (Zechariah 14:7) And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King ...,

David
    Last edited by David M; 05-21-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Thread Information