Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    A church is not made up of a building. You are assuming to much about there not being a church in the area there in the 90s. I am not saying this to advocate a late day of the Writing of Revelation. All relevant evidence points to an early date of the Writing of Revelation.

Blessings Joe
    You might be right. But considering this from a human perspective, Laodicea was destroyed twice by an earth quake. The city was not rebuilt after that until the reign of Marcus Aurelius well into the 2nd century. Now knowing that the commerce from this city contributed to the wealth of the Church, thereby causing this church to be "lukewarm", should thus allow us to conclude that the lack of a rich city, also means the lack of wealth for this particular church. Therefore, logically, if the city was broke, so was the Church. It doesn't seem reasonable to assume that a small gathering of Christians in a city that was destroyed twice by an earthquake, could maintain such "lukewarm" attributes with the absence of wealth.

I'm not saying that Christians didn't exist is Laodicea in the 90's AD. I'm merely stating that the city itself was still in ruins after suffering two massive earthquakes which greatly impacted its generation of wealth; wealth that would not be restore for roughly 100 years later when the city was rebuilt during the reign of Marcus Aurelius. So it would not seem illogical to accept Christ's statement applying to a Church that may not have existed as a wealth church in the 90's AD. My question to everyone is this. Is there substantial proof that Laodicea existed as a wealthy lukewarm church in the 90's AD when the city itself was not as prosperous as it was in the 60's AD?

Joe
    Last edited by TheForgiven; 11-28-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's a good point. But the same thing goes for the argument against an early date of Revelation which was based on the assumed destruction by the earthquake in 62 C.E.

You can see where Laodicea is located on this map.
    http://bibleatlas.org/full/laodicea.htm

Now comes to mind what Paul says:
    Acts 19:

10And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

Mark 16:
    15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

Col 1:
    23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colosse was right next to Laodicea by the map above. Laodicea was inbetween Philadelphia and Colosse. Paul Had to go into Laodicea to get from one to the other. Paul preached the 'Good News' where ever he went. Paul wrote to the Colossians that every creature under Heaven had heard the Gospel. So by the Letter Dating of the Colossian letter (pre AD70) the odds are very high of a Christian enclave at Laodicea, which is part of 'All Asia'.
    Last edited by Brother Les; 11-29-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Brother Les

You can see where Laodicea is located on this map.

Now comes to mind what Paul says:
    Acts 19:

10And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

Mark 16:
    15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

Col 1:
    23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colosse was right next to Laodicea by the map above. Laodicea was inbetween Philadelphia and Colosse. Paul Had to go into Laodicea to get from one to the other. Paul preached the 'Good News' where ever he went. Paul wrote to the Colossians that every creature under Heaven had heard the Gospel. So by the Letter Dating of the Colossian letter (pre AD70) the odds are very high of a Christian enclave at Laodicea, which is part of 'All Asia'.
    I'm not exactly understanding your communicated point my friend. All of us agree that the Church of Laodicea existed during the days of the Apostles; that wasn't the question. What I'm trying to say is that Laodicea was destroyed twice by an earthquake in the 60's AD. They suffered their first earthquake in 62AD, and again in 66AD. Needless to say, this confirms what Jesus said; earthquakes would happen in diverse places prior to the destruction of the temple. Jerusalem also suffered an earthquake in the late 60's AD, but that's beside the point.

It is my speculated opinion that Laodicea was wiped out in the late 66 AD, and the entire city would not be rebuilt for almost another 100 years. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Revelation was written in the 90's AD when this Church could not possess the wealth to be labeled as "Lukewarm", when they were still recovering from a the dual-devastation of both earthquakes. Now I'm not stating with absolute certainty that I'm without error; I could be wrong. But so far, I've not been able to find any information that Laodicea existed as a wealthy lukewarm church in the 90's AD, nor even after the turn of the first century. Marcus Aurelius did not reign as Emperor until late in the 2nd century, which is when hep reportedly rebuilt the entire city of Laodicea.

Do you have any historical information we could use to substantiate this, or else disprove my theory? Any assistance would be great.

Great chatting with you again LES.

Joe
    Last edited by TheForgiven; 11-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

TheForgiven wrote,

In conclusion, assuming that the information is correct regarding the Church of Laodicea, it is therefore impossible for John to have written Revelation during the early 90's AD if the Church of Laodicea did not exist during the 90's AD. And because Laodicea was destroyed twice by an earthquake in the 60's AD, thus indicating it's wealth and fast restoration, it is highly possible that Revelation was written in the early to mid 60's AD.
    Joe, it is not 'impossible' for John to have written Revelation in the 90's because the Revelation is 'prophecy.' You see it as 'impossible' because you can only see it from your preterist perspective.

From the books very opening it is a Revelation (things unveiled), and is the books title. 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ' given to Him by the Father (Rev. 1:1). The Revelation John was given is 'prophecy' (Rev. 1:3) of things 'to come.' I discussed this here http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...2786#post22786 there I wrote:

Godet states: 'Polycarp, who was the bishop of Smyrna recorded that no church in Smyrna existed during the ministry of Paul. Paul died about May- June 68 A.D.' ----------

Bullinger states: 'Tertullian (about 145-220) says that leaders of certain sects, such as Cerdon and Marcion, rejected the book of Revelation on the ground that it could not have been written by John, inasmuch as (among other reasons) there was no Christian church in existence at Thyatira in the time of John. Bullinger went on to state: 'Epiphanius who wrote about A.D. 367 deals with the Alogi, a sect which disputed the genuineness of the Revelation on the same grounds. 'How then could he write to a church which was not in existence?' The answer of Epiphanius confirmed that historical fact, but his answer was that John wrote to the church at Thyatira not because it was then in existence, but because 'it would be at some future time.'

In A.D. 363 was held the Council of Laodicea. It was attended by 32 bishops of Asia, among whom was the bishop of Ephesus. The Council framed a list or canon of the sacred books, but the book of Revelation was not included in the catalog. This historical fact tells us that if these seven churches were in existence at that time, then these letters and book of Revelation would have been sent to them, Laodicea here being one of the seven churches. And this Council would have included in the canon of sacred books, the book of Revelation as well.

So we see that if these seven churches were all in existence pre-70 A.D., then these letters, ie, 'book of Revelation' (Rev. 1:11) would have been sent to them including Laodicea where the Council of the Bishops were held in framing the NT canon in A.D. 363 nearly 400 years later.

From what historical sources we do have concerning the seven churches that I found in my studies, two are in doubt of having existed prior to 70 A.D., Symrna and Thyatira, and one was destroyed by an earthquake in 66 A.D., Laodicea.

So Joe and I will ask, does anyone have other historical sources that can shed more light on this subject, it would be appreciated, thanks.

God bless---Twospirits
    "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Rev. 21:4).

Joe, it is not 'impossible' for John to have written Revelation in the 90's because the Revelation is 'prophecy.' You see it as 'impossible' because you can only see it from your preterist perspective.
    I picked a poor choice of words here. Instead of saying, "it is impossible", I should have said, "it is unlikely". Why would Jesus send John a message to a Church that could not historically fit the context. He wasn't sending John a message for a future circumstance that was to happen in the future, with regards to Laodicea. He specifically stated, "so because you are lukewarm, I'm about to spit you out of my mouth". That isn't something to be taken as "not yet". This is something that was very real, and happening at the time of His displeasure.

By the way, I see you couldn't resist. But you are welcomed here, despite the odyssey's you propose in your interpretations.

From the books very opening it is a Revelation (things unveiled), and is the books title. 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ' given to Him by the Father (Rev. 1:1). The Revelation John was given is 'prophecy' (Rev. 1:3) of things 'to come.' I discussed this here http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...2786#post22786 there I wrote:
    More correctly, it was not just things to come, but as it is literally written, "thinks that must shortly take place".

Godet states: 'Polycarp, who was the bishop of Smyrna recorded that no church in Smyrna existed during the ministry of Paul. Paul died about May- June 68 A.D.' ----------
    Polycarp did not say that the Church in Smyrna didn't exist during the ministry of the Apostles. We've already covered this before. It might be better if you provided a quote of Polycarp that way we can decide for ourselves my friend. He never said that Smyrna didn't exist during the days of the Apostles. I believe he stated that Smyrna was not established by the Apostles Paul....but I have to go back and read his book. But this doesn't mean that Symrna, being so close to Ephusus, Pergamum, and Sardis. So it is highly unlikely that a Church didn't exist then.

Bullinger states: 'Tertullian (about 145-220) says that leaders of certain sects, such as Cerdon and Marcion, rejected the book of Revelation on the ground that it could not have been written by John, inasmuch as (among other reasons) there was no Christian church in existence at Thyatira in the time of John. Bullinger went on to state: 'Epiphanius who wrote about A.D. 367 deals with the Alogi, a sect which disputed the genuineness of the Revelation on the same grounds. 'How then could he write to a church which was not in existence?' The answer of Epiphanius confirmed that historical fact, but his answer was that John wrote to the church at Thyatira not because it was then in existence, but because 'it would be at some future time.'
    You have this slightly wrong. They were uncertain if it was John the Apostle, or John the elder. Some of the early fathers did not want to include the book of Revelation because of its violent imagery, which is why to this day, the Greek Orthodox Church refuses to read Revelation during its services. But this is besides the point. And who is Bullinger to trust in Tertullian? Tertullian is believed by some Protestants to have been the father of the Trinity doctrine. Furthermore, Tertullian refers to the "tyrnat" as Nero Caesar, and also tells the story of John being dipped in hot oil by Nero Caesar. So I'm not sure how or why Bullinger came to his conclusion, but I'd say he failed to read all of what was written by Tertullian. Finally, Epiphanius did not state that John could not have written Revelation because Thyatira did not exist prior to 70AD. In fact, if you actually read his writings, he believes that John had the vision during the brutal reign of Nero Caesar. It's common for Preterists to use Epiphanius to support our case. He writes:

"John Prophesied, or had the vision, on the island of Patmos, during the reign of Claudius (Nero Caesar)...."

Now it's possible he stated that John wrote Revelation during the 60's AD (prior to Jerusalem's destruction) speaking of a future Thyratire, but having read much of his writings, I have not come across any such opinion by him.

In A.D. 363 was held the Council of Laodicea. It was attended by 32 bishops of Asia, among whom was the bishop of Ephesus. The Council framed a list or canon of the sacred books, but the book of Revelation was not included in the catalog. This historical fact tells us that if these seven churches were in existence at that time, then these letters and book of Revelation would have been sent to them, Laodicea here being one of the seven churches. And this Council would have included in the canon of sacred books, the book of Revelation as well.
    This is not an accurate opinion, although it is understandable. Once again, having knowledge and attendance of the Greek Orthodox Church, the Council rejected the book of Revelation because of its violence and because they were uncertain of the author. Was it John the Apostle, or John the elder? So because of these two reasons, the book was rejected by the Greeks. Later, however, it was accepted but to this day, it is still not read during liturgical services.

So we see that if these seven churches were all in existence pre-70 A.D., then these letters, ie, 'book of Revelation' (Rev. 1:11) would have been sent to them including Laodicea where the Council of the Bishops were held in framing the NT canon in A.D. 363 nearly 400 years later.
    Again, this is a baseless opinion, although understandable, that is not correct. There's no proof that the seven churches didn't exist prior to 70AD. This is all speculation, of which I honor as an opinion. The canon of scripture suggests nothing as to whether or not a Church existed. Now in speaking of Laodicea, it was historically destroyed twice in the 60's AD. More than likely, the church was also leveled to the ground. The Counsel you mention is almost 300 years later. History records that Laodicea was rebuilt during the reign of Marcus Aurelius, being near the end of the 2nd century. SO it's safe to assume that the Church which existed in Laodicea in the 4rth century, was not the same Church that Christ Jesus condemned in the 60's AD. My church, of which I grew up in, still exists, but it is not the same Church. As a child, it was called, "Flemming Christian Church". Now it's called, "Flemming Baptist Church". And this is within a time-frame of only 30 years. From the 60's AD, to the 4rth century, we're talking several generations. So what ever Church in Laodicea existed in the fourth century, logically, would not be the same church 300 years prior.

From what historical sources we do have concerning the seven churches that I found in my studies, two are in doubt of having existed prior to 70 A.D., Symrna and Thyatira, and one was destroyed by an earthquake in 66 A.D., Laodicea.

So Joe and I will ask, does anyone have other historical sources that can shed more light on this subject, it would be appreciated, thanks.

God bless---Twospirits
    Unfortunately, no. There is not enough history recorded involving the seven churches of Asia. This is why I stated that all we can offer is an educated guess based on spurious writings of the fathers. And knowing that they were not perfect, and were quite prone to errors, we cannot definitively embrace their opinions or speculations as factual. Therefore, it is my humbled opinion that the seven churches of Asia did exist during the 60's AD, but we do not have solid proof from any historical source to prove this. But this need not be a determining factor to be used against such speculation because we have no writings from any of the other Apostles; only Peter, James, John, Matthew, Paul, Luke, and Jude. What about the rest? Because we have no writings from these Apostles, should it be of any surprise that we have no proof of who established the seven churches? Some speculate that John did, but just because he visited them, does not mean that He founded them. Paul established many Churches throughout Asia Minor, yet Peter is believed to have visited many of these, as did John. But let's not forget about Timothy, Bartholomew, Thomas, just to name a few. And finally, because the seven churches exist in close proximity to themselves, it is highly likely that there were far more churches in existence throughout Asia Minor that were not recorded in the New Testament. The New Testament is not even .5% percent of all Churches throughout the then-inhabited world. It is a list of canonical text that were elected by the Counsel to be used as a witness for Christ, and not a map of the Churches historical time and setting.

Joe

Hello Joe, my Friend.
    My post was to Richard and what he stated, not taking anything away from your statements.

And finally, because the seven churches exist in close proximity to themselves, it is highly likely that there were far more churches in existence throughout Asia Minor that were not recorded in the New Testament. The New Testament is not even .5% percent of all Churches throughout the then-inhabited world. It is a list of canonical text that were elected by the Counsel to be used as a witness for Christ, and not a map of the Churches historical time and setting.

Joe

It is very interesting on how close the Island of Patmos is to the Churches of Asia and how Far away Patmos is to the land mass of Palistine.

Blessings
    Last edited by Brother Les; 11-30-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Brother Les

Hello Joe, my Friend.
    My post was to Richard and what he stated, not taking anything away from your statements.

It is very interesting on how close the Island of Patmos is to the Churches of Asia and how Far away Patmos is to the land mass of Palestine.

Blessings
    Good point my good friend LES. And I would venture to say that it should not come as a surprise that there were many churches all throughout Asia Minor. Why did Jesus only select seven churches? Perhaps the number 7 has something to do with it, but I believe that he chose the seven based on their behavior, be it acceptance or condemnation, to be used as witnesses to generations after them. We learn from their mistakes or successes.

Joe

DATING THE BOOK OF REVELATION

DATING THE BOOK OF REVELATION

HI JOE,

THANKS YET AGAIN FOR ANOTHER INTERESTING TOPIC.

ALLOW ME TO SHARE MY UNDERSTANDING TO THE DATING OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO BEAR IN MIND THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY TELL US WHEN THE BOOK OF REVELATION, NOR WHEN ALL THE OTHER BOOKS WERE WRITTEN. THE DATES ARE NOT THERE IN THE BIBLE AND IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO PUT TO MIND THAT THE BOOK OF SECOND PETER TELLS US THAT, A DAY CAN BE A THOUSAND YEARS TO GOD AND A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY; 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8

AFTER HIS RESURRECTION, JESUS SHOWED HIMSELF TO PETER AND TOLD HIM THAT JOHN(THE DISCIPLE JESUS LOVED) SHALL NOT DIE UNTIL JESUS COMES(SECOND COMMING). JOHN IS THE DISCIPLE WHICH TESTIFIES OF THESE THINGS AND WROTE THESE THINGS AND WE KNOW THAT HIS TESTIMONY IS TRUE;20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? 21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? 24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. John 21:20-24

THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST WAS SENT AND SIGNIFIED BY GOD'S ANGEL UNTO HIS SERVANT JOHN WHO BORE RECORD OF THE WORD OF GOD AND THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST;1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Rev 1:1-2

THE APOSTLE JOHN, THE SON OF ZEBEDEE WAS IN A SHIP CALLED PATMOS AT THE SEA OF TIBERIAS IN A VISION WHEN HE RECEIVED THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST; 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Rev 1:9-11

THE APOSTLE JOHN WAS IN THE SPIRIT(IN THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST) ON THE LORD'S DAY, WHICH WAS THE SAME FRIDAY OF JESUS DEATH AND RESURRECTION.

IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF JOHN THAT JESUS SHEWED HIMSELF AGAIN TO THE DISCIPLES AT THE SEA OF TIBERIAS AND IT WAS THE THIRD TIME JESUS SHOWED HIMSELF TO THE DISCIPLES AFTER HE WAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD;1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself. 2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples. 3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing. John 21:1-3 AND; 14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. John 21:14

THE APOSTLE JOHN TELLS US THAT HE WAS A COMPANION IN TRIBULATION MEANING THAT IT WAS ALREADY THE BEGINING OF THE TRIBULATION PERIOD SPOKEN ABOUT BY JESUS THAT;15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matt 24:14-22

FOR THEN SHALL BE GREAT TRIBULATION SUCH AS WAS NOT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD, EXCEPT THAT THOSE DAYS SHOULD BE SHORTENED. THOSE DAYS THAT WERE SHORTENED REFFER TO THE PERIOD OF FORTY DAYS AFTER THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS.

THE BOOK OF DANIEL REFFERS TO THIS PERIOD AS 1290 DAYS FROM THE TIME THE DAILY SACRIFICE WAS TAKEN AWAY MEANING 1290 DAYS MINUS 1260 DAYS OF JESUS MINISRTRY GIVES US 30 DAYS;11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Dan 12:11

a --IT IS THE 30 DAYS OR ONE MONTH PERIOD ALSO MENTIONED IN THE BOOK OF ZECHARIAH THAT THE LORD CUT OFF IN ONE MONTH THREE SHEPHERDS; 8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me. Zech 11:7-8 THE THREE SHEPHERDS THAT WERE CUT OFF DURING THIS PERIOD WERE ANTIPAS, STEPHEN AND JAMES; 1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) Acts 12:1-3

b. --GOG AND MAGOG; THIS WAS ALSO APERIOD WHEN SATAN WAS LOOSED TO GO OUT AND DECEIVE THE NATIONS TO GATHER THEM TO BATTLE;7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev 20:7-8

c --THIS WAS THE PERIOD WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL THAT HE SHALL COFIRM THE COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK;27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.Dan 9:27

d --THIS WAS THE PERIOD SPOKEN OF BY APOSTLE PAUL THAT WHEN JESUS AROSE FROM THE DEAD, HE WAS SEEN OF CEPHAS, THEN THE TWELVE, THEN THE 500 BRETHREN AT ONCE, THEN JAMES, THEN ALL THE APOSTLES AND LASTLY BY PAUL;3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 1 Cor 15:3-9

e --THIS WAS ALSO THE PERIOD WHEN THE GOSPEL WAS PREACHED TO THE WORLD -TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES;14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matt 24:14-22

ALL THESE EVENTS TOOK PLACE ABOUT THE FORTY DAYS PERIOD THAT JESUS WAS SEEN OF HIS APOSTLES AFTER HIS RESURRECTION;1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God Acts 1:1-3

THIS FORTY DAY PERIOD IS ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE ENDS OF THE WORLD OR THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.

THE FIRST ENDS OF THE WORLD OCCURRED AT THE CROSS AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF HEBREWS THAT;26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Heb 9:25-28

THE SECOND ENDS OF THE WORLD OCCURRED AT HIS SECOND COMMING THAT TOOK PLACE TOWARDS THE END OF THE FORTY DAY PERIOD WHEN THE SEVENTH VIAL JUDGEMENT WAS POURED IN THE AIR; 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. 17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Rev 16:15-17 THIS WAS THE TIME THE LORD DESCENDED FROM HEAVEN WITH A SHOUT AND THEM WHICH WERE ALIVE WERE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR; 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:16-17

THE FORTY DAY PERIOD HAD TWO ASCENSIONS, THE FIRST ASCENSION AND THE SECOND ASCENSION OF JESUS CHRIST.

1. THE FIRST ASCENSION

THE FIRST ASCENSION TOOK PLACE ON THE SAME FRIDAY THAT JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND RESURRECTED.

THIS FRIDAY IS ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

THIS FRIDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK WHICH WAS PROPHESIED IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL THAT JESUS SHALL CONFIRM THE COVENANT FOR ONE WEEK; 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, Dan 9:27

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK(FRIDAY) THAT MARY MAGDALENE CAME EARLY WHEN IT WAS YET DARK UNTO THE SEPULCHRE;1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. John 20:1

IT WAS FRIDAY, THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK THAT JESUS STOOD IN THE MIDST OF THE DISCIPLES WHEN THE DOORS WERE CLOSED FOR FEAR OF THE JEWS AND DECLARED PEACE UNTO THEM; 19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. 24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. John 20:19-24

IT WAS FRIDAY, THE SAME DAY THAT JESUS APPEARED TO THE TWO WHO WENT TO A VILLAGE CALLED EMMAUS;13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. Luke 24:13-15

IT WAS FRIDAY, THE SAME DAY THAT THE FIRST ASCENSION TOOK PLACE. THIS WAS THE ASCENSION THAT JESUS TOLD MARY MAGDALENE NOT TO TOUCH HIM AS HE HAD NOT YET ASCENDED TO HIS FATHER;17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17 BUT AFTER EIGHT DAYS OF THE FIRST ASCENSION, JESUS WAS TOUCHED BY THOMAS;26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:26-29

THE FIRST ASCENSION TOOK PLACE AFTER JESUS COMMISSIONED THE APOSTLES TO GO AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE NATIONS AND PROMISED TO BE WITH THEM UP TO THE END OF THE WORLD;16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matt 28:16-20

THE BOOK OF MARK TELLS US THAT AFTER JESUS COMISSIONED THE ELEVEN APOSTLES, HE WAS RECEIVED UP INTO HEAVEN AND SAT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD AND THE APOSTLES WENT FORTH AND PREACHED EVERWHERE, THE LORD WORKING WITH THEM AND CONFIRMING THE WORD WITH SIGNS FOLLOWING; Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 16:14-20

THIS FIRST ASCENSION IS ALSO DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION THAT AFTER THREE DAYS AND AN HALF, THEY ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN IN A CLOUD; And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. Rev 11:11-13

THIS FIRST ASCENSION IS ALSO DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK OF ZECHARIAH THAT HIS FEET SHALL STAND IN THAT DAY UPON MOUNT OLIVES; 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. 6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. Zech 14:3-7

DANIEL SAW IN THE NIGHT VISION ONE LIKE THE SON OF MAN CAME WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN AND CAME TO THE ANCIENT OF DAYS AND THEY BROUGHT HIM NEAR BEFORE HIM; 13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Dan 7:13-14 THE LORD SAID UNTO MY Lord, SIT THOU ON MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE THY FOES THY FOOTSTOOL; 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. Acts 2:34-35

ANTIPAS WAS MATTIAS WHO WAS NATHANAEL-THE FAITHFUL SERVANT

IT WAS AFTER THE FIRST ASCENSION THAT IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF ACTS THAT THE DISCIPLES RETURNED UNTO JERUSALEM FROM MOUNT OLIVET WHICH IS FROM JERUSALEM A SABBATH'S DAY'S JOURNEY;12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. Acts 1:12

THEY RETURNED FROM JERUSALEM ON THE SABBATH THAT WAS A DAY AFER HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION. THEY WENT UP INTO AN UPPER ROOM WERE THEY ABODE. THEY WERE 12O DISCIPLES, THE RESIDUE OF THE 500 DISCIPLES THAT HAD WITNESSED JESUS'S ASCENSION ALL AT ONCE; 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.1 Cor 15:6

THE PERIOD AFTER JESUS'S FIRST ASCENSION WAS REFERRED TO AS "THOSE DAYS''. THE BOOK OF ACTS CONTINUES TO TELL US THAT, IN THOSE DAYS, PETER STOOD UP IN THE MIDST OF THE DISCIPLES AND TOLD THEM THEY NEEDED TO CHOOSE A DISCIPLE TO REPLACE JUDAS SO THAT SCRIPTURE SHOULD BE FULFILLED; 13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) 16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. 17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. 18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. Acts 1:12-18

THE MAN THAT WAS TO REPLACE JUDAS ISCARIOT BISHOPRICK WAS ONE THAT WAS WITH THEM BEGINNING FROM THE BAPTISM OF JOHN UNTO THE DAY THAT JESUS WAS TAKEN UP FROM THEM AND ONE ORDAINED TO BE WITNESS WITH THE APOSTLES OF HIS RESURRETION;20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. 21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. Acts 1:20-22

THE DISCIPLES APPOINTED BARSABAS AND MATTHIAS AND THE LOT FELL UPON MATTHIAS; 23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. 24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, 25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. Acts 1:23-26

ACCORDING TO HITCHCOCK'S DICTIONARY OF BIBLE NAMES, THE NAME MATTHIAS MEANS GIFT OF THE LORD; Mattathias The gift of the Lord.—Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names

AND ACCORDING TO HITCHCOCK'S DICTIONARY OF BIBLE NAMES, THE NAME NATHANAEL MEANS THE GIFT OF GOD; Nathanael The gift of God.—Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names

NATHANAEL IS FIRST MENTIONED IN THE BOOK OF JOHN WERE HE IS REFERRED TO AS AN ISRAELITE IN WHOM IS NO GUILE AND JESUS TOLD HIM THAT HEREAFTER, HE SHALL SEE HEAVEN OPEN AND THE ANGELS OF GOD ASCENDING AND DESCENDING UPON THE SON OF MAN;47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! 48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. 51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. John 1:47-51

NATHANAEL WAS ALSO AMONG THE DISCIPLES AT THE SEA OF TIBERIAS TO WHOM JESUS SHOWED HIMSELF IN A VISION AFTER HIS RESURRECTION; 1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself. 2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples. John 21:1-2

THEREFORE, NATHANAEL WAS MATTHIAS WHO WAS WITH THEM BEGINNING FROM THE BAPTISM OF JOHN UNTO THE DAY THAT JESUS WAS TAKEN UP FROM THEM AND ONE ORDAINED TO BE WITNESS WITH THE APOSTLES OF HIS RESURRETION.

IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION, NATHANAEL IS REFFERED TO AS ANTIPAS, THE FAITHFUL MARTYR THAT WAS SLAIN 'IN THOSE DAYS' ;12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; 13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. Rev 2:12-13

ACCORDING TO HITCHCOCK'S DICTIONARY OF BIBLE NAMES, THE NAME ANTIPA'S MEANS-FOR ALL OR AGAINST ALL; Antipas For all, or against all.—Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names

THERE IS A 'TONE' OF PLAYING 'LOTS' IN THE MEANING OF THE NAME ANTIPAS AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF ACTS THAT THEY GAVE FORTH THEIR LOTS AND THE LOT FELL UPON MATTHIAS; 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. Acts 1:23-26

SATAN'S SEAT WEREIN ANTIPA'S WAS SLAIN HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH JUDAS ISCARIOT'S BISHOPRICK. MOREOVER, IT WAS SATAN THAT HAD EARLIER ENTERED INTO JUDAS ISCARIOT;26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. 27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. John 13:26-27

IT WAS ONLY AFTER THE SABBATH THAT THE WOMEN CAME UNTO THE SEPULCHRE AT THE RISING OF THE SUN WITH SWEET SPICES.

SUNDAY THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK

IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF MATTHEW THAT IN THE END OF THE SABBATH AS IT BEGAN TO DAWN TOWARDS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, CAME MARY MAGDALENE AND THE OTHER MARY TO SEE THE SEPULCHRE; 1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: 4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. 8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. 9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. 10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me. Matt 28:1-10

IT IS ALSO WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LUKE THAT UPON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING, THEY CAME UNTO THE SEPULCHRE BRINGING SPICES WHICH THEY HAD PREPARED; 1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. 3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: 5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, 7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. 8 And they remembered his words, 9 And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not. 12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.Luke 24:1-12

THE BOOK OF MARK TELLS US THAT WHEN SABBATH WAS PAST, MARY MAGDALENE AND MARY MOTHER OF JAMES AND SALOME HAD BOUGHT SPICES THAT THEY MIGHT COME AND ANNOIT HIM. AND VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, THEY CAME UNTO THE SEPULCHRE AT THE RISING OF THE SUN;

1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. Mark 16:1-2

Hi wezi viyuyi

Interesting statements and perhaps much closer to the truth. However the correct "isle" is much more likely called Machaerus or Macherus. The place with the rosh "head" or top cut off of it is much like an "isle" in that it was a nearly impenetrable prison fortress of Herod which overlooked the Salt Sea, (Dead Sea) from the east having been set on one of the highest peaks available. It truly does resemble an island although it is not surrounded by water but rather steep ravines. Josephus also supplies much information concerning this prison fortress of Herod including the fact that Salome danced for Herod there and that it was indeed where Yochanan Eliyahu was beheaded, (the same Yochanan who penned Apokalypsis Yeshua circa 29/30CE just before Herod karath-beheaded him). The Master himself reveals when the Day Kuriake, ("Pertaining to the Master" [Kuros]) commences when the Master says so in Lukas 4:17-21 and the same Day is that acceptable year quoted in the passage fro Yeshayah 61:1-2a.

Lukas 7:19-24 ~ Yochanan Eliyahu having been praying and writing in the Machaerus Patmos-Prison of Herod during the Day Kuriake, (which Day commences in Lukas 4:17-21) calls unto him a certain duo of his talmidim and sends them unto the Master Yeshua, saying, Art thou the one coming or for another should we watch? And the andres-men having approached Yeshua say unto him: Yochanan the Immerser hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou the one coming or for another should we watch? And in that hour many were cured of diseases, and plagues, and evil spirits; and on many that were blind, sight was bestowed. And Yeshua responding commands them: Go forth and announce to Yochanan what things you have seen and heard:

1) The blind see:
    2) The lame walk:
    3) The lepers are cleansed:
    4) The deaf hear:
    5) The dead are awakened:
    6) To the poor the good news is proclaimed:
    7) And blessed is he whosoever is not offended in me!

So the angelon of Yochanan depart and announce to him all these things . . .
    And the Seven Thunders uttered their voices . . .

MACHAERUS:BIBLE ARCHITECTURE:FORTRESS OF KING HEROD,SALOME,JOHN THE BAPTIST,FORTRESS PLAN

Thread Information