Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Looking for Dumbo

The fall of 1990 was a time of great change for me. I was on a serious spiritual quest. I quit smoking and began exercising and eating better. I daily practiced Zazen meditation to quiet my mind and expand my consciousness. I also began recording and analyzing my dreams and was intensely interested in synchronicity. I was reading many books about the Kabbalah, Gematria (Hebrew Numerology), Tree of Life, Tarot, and similar esoteric topics. I did not, at that time, consider myself a Christian in any way at all.

Then on the morning of November 24, 1990 I had a dream that changed my life. I found myself floating in a blank space half aware that I was dreaming when a woman with black hair in a red sweater suddenly appeared and said:
    Are you looking for Dumbo? 12 x 44.
    That was the entire dream. I awoke, wrote it down, and went back to sleep. I still have the journal in which I recorded and analyzed it. The first thing I did was to look up the symbolic meaning of the numbers 12 and 44 in Aleister Crowley’s Gematria book called 777 where I found that 44 was the value of the Hebrew word דם (DM, dawm) meaning blood. I immediately noticed that this correlated with the first two the consonants in DuMbo. This gave me the feeling that I had 'received information' in the dream, since I had only begun to study Hebrew gematria a few weeks earlier and did not know that word or it's numerical value.

I then looked up the product 528 = 12 x 44 and found that it was the sum of all the natural numbers from 1 to 32. Mathematicians call such numbers 'triangular' because they count the number of dots in a triangular array. Kabbalists call them 'Mystic Numbers' because the are supposed to "sum up" the mystical meaning of that number. Having this knowledge, I was astounded to find that the number given in my dream was the Mystic Number of the 32nd Path on the Tree of Life that leads from Malkuth to Yesod, the foundation of spiritual consciousness. Furthermore, the 32nd Path corresponds to the Universe Card of the Major Arcana in the Tarot and the final letter of the Hebrew alphabet Tav. Thus, I interpreted this information given in my dream to be something like the 'Mystic Number of the Universe' or more simply, the 'Key to the Universe' which is what I wrote in my journal though I had no understanding of what that really meant as yet.

As I continued my analysis, I began to notice subtle associations with other dreams I had recorded. The first big night of dreams happened on November 4th when I dreamed that my boss, Sheri, 'had a keyboard with over 400 sounds sampled.' This naturally linked to the numerical value of Tav (400) and the idea of a 'key' board gave me a sense of a the 22 letters as 'keys' to this spiritual reality I was discovering. I also felt there was a connection with a dream that I had on November 16:
    I am in a music store. There is a blind woman at the bottom of a one mile long staircase. She’s wearing a white robe. She said it took her over a year to climb out. She said the grace of God saved her. I climbed with her, reiterating her steps. I was then supposed to sit and meditate at the top of the stairs.
    I noted that one mile equals 5,280 feet, or ten times my dream number. I had a very strong intuition that these dreams were connected, so I began to pay even closer attention each night. And then on December 1 I had this very lucid dream (verbatim from my dream journal):
    A master wants to play me a game of pool. I feel I know nothing. The master was very eager to play and wanted to bet large sums. He said, 'OK, just 2 or 3 bucks.' He showed me a book where a beginner won the Crown in 15 moves.
    I spent a lot of time analyzing the elements of these dreams. I would look for puns, homophones, numerical values of the Hebrew words corresponding to the dream elements – anything and everything I could think of to try to make sense of it all. On December 4th I wrote 'In a Kabbalistic universe there is no throw-away information. Nothing is meaningless in a universe which manifests the mind of God.' So I analyzed everything and everything was numinous and the world felt like a vibrantly living semantic cosmos. Everything I encountered was glowing – like a living symbol that would release its secret if I meditated intently upon it. For example, on the morning of the dream, I noticed that it happened on 11/16 and 11 x 16 was half of 528. I was thinking about this the next evening when I went out to dinner at Ezell’s and found an entry form for a chance to win an Isuzu truck inside a flyer with the number 22 in a circle with wings atop a caduceus that seemed very significant. The drawing was on December 22. Here is what I wrote in my journal:
    The drawing for the truck will be on Dec 22, i.e. 12/22 and 2 x (12 x 22) = 12 x 44. A rather obvious date – does this mean I’m going to win a car, or is it a reiteration of the date, a cosmic resonance?
    I share this to show that I was taking note of every detail. Everything was now in place for the 'Big Event.' On December 22 I went to work as usual at the Gob Shoppe. Here is what I wrote in my journal:
    Just had a customer, who bought some stuff that came to $13.52. I said, holding up a red pill box, 'that’s $3.00' and rang it up for a total of $13.52. He said 'Uh, they’re $2.00.' I asked him to double check, since they were $3.00. Someone had changed the price. So I voided the $3.00 and entered $2.00 for a total of $12.44. Then it dawned on me. Today is 12/22 = ½ x (12 x 44) which is the date that I had the Dumbo 12 x 44 dream.
    I felt this was an extremely profound synchronicity because it involved a question of two or three dollars over a pill (pool?) box. I was thinking about this later at home and began to wonder what time the transaction happened. Here is what I wrote in my journal the next day:
    Got to work, anxious to look at the receipt from yesterday’s synchronicity. What I found BLEW AWAY WHAT EVER WAS LEFT OF DOUBT. The 12 x 44 = 528 transaction happened at 5:28 PM.
    The transaction happened at 5:28 PM on 12/22 and came to a total of $12.44 and it naturally connected with the dream about a master who wanted to play a game of pool (pill) for $2.00 or $3.00 dollars. And the sum of the multiplied dates for the Dumbo dream and this transaction was, of course, 11 x 24 + 12 x 22 = 528. Here is a picture of the actual receipt from my journal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dumbopage.jpg 
Views:	2717 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	133

I was absolutely flabbergasted that all these elements from my dreams could come together like this. It left an indelible impression on my mind. But one thing was lacking. What does it all mean? It took me about a year to come to my first solid answer to that question.

Armed now with a solid conviction that I could find an answer I spent all my waking hours learning everything I could that might relate. I spent many hours in the bar with a beer, a Bible, and a calculator looking for patterns that might bring the answer to light. It was during this time that I discovered my first Biblical holographs and began to fall in love with the Old Testament. I even wondered if I were being led to convert to be a Jew. I had no real interest in the New Testament at that time. Finally, in July of 1991 I found the first puzzle piece that would give me the answer I was looking for. The Number 528 as the value of the word מפתח (maphte’ach, key) found in the book of the prophet Isaiah:
    Isaiah 22:22 And the key (528) of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
    I was floored. Absolutely floored. Here I was, after seven months of study, looking at the literal confirmation of my intuition that the number 528 was some sort of "key" to the universe! But still, I didn’t understand how it functioned as a 'key.' And I still did not understand the connection with the numbers 12 and 44. So I continued my search, and found this:
    Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
    The actual Hebrew translated as 'in the blood' is בדם הוא (b'dawm hu). It literally means 'in his blood.' The Bet prefix means 'in' and dawm means blood, and hu means 'he" or "of him' depending on context. And the numerical values? They are hu = 12 and dm = 44. I had found the meaning of the key! It was "His Blood." And look at the Hebrew: b'dawm hu is a simple metathesis of Dumbo! I knew I had found what I was looking for. But there was one more question. Whose blood are we talking about? I don't have time now to detail the process of discovery, so I'll just give you the result. The Number 6 is the Number of the Cosmos (Universe). Here is the name of he who holds its key:

Kυριος Iησους Xριστος (LORD JESUS CHRIST) = 3168 = 6 (Cosmos) x 528 (Key)

Man, this stuff still gives me the goose-bumps!

Now you can see why I became a fundamentalist. I had this knowledge before I discovered the Bible Wheel.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

That's awesome, Richard! I've got goosebumps too.
    Very personal and intimate. Someone knows how to speak to you.

Who or what do you think the source of those dreams and synchronities are, today?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rick
    Last edited by heb13-13; 11-24-2011 at 08:16 PM.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    That's awesome, Richard! I've got goosebumps too.
    Very personal and intimate. Someone knows how to speak to you.

Who or what do you think the source of those dreams and synchronities are, today?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rick
    That question currently mystifies me.

I have not been "out of the closet" long enough to catch my breath really. Why do you think I never told this story when I was a Christian? They would have crucified me.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That question currently mystifies me.

I have not been "out of the closet" long enough to catch my breath really. Why do you think I never told this story when I was a Christian? They would have crucified me.
    Sadly, you are probably right.

I'm thankful God is not constricted by any religion.

That was a cool story.
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Dude!!!

Brother-man...you shared it!!! And it is awesome! I love it! I've wondered for so long how many people have these types of 'splendor' happen in their lives. It's easy to hear Chopra and guys like that talk about it, but when it's happening to you...and in a powerful, overwhelming way, it just seems like no one can relate to what you're experiencing.

And...surprise, surprise...I thought I was the only one that wrote all the mystical (and in retrospect, sometimes crazy) stuff down. I still find pieces of paper in books where I've jotted down ideas, numbers, diagrams, etc. I still have the statement that I wrote down after the first one I got on the night that altered the path of my life, about 3 years ago. Long story, but the statement I...was 'given'??? ...was:

"Religion and socialization are the tyrannies of genius"

Man, and then the fun began...

Thanks for posting that and sharing it with everyone. I think it's beautiful and the dream was 'God'-inspired!!!!

You were being used as a channel, dude!
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

"It is only by the exercise of Reason, that man can discover God."
    ~ Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by RC Christian View Post
    Brother-man...you shared it!!! And it is awesome! I love it! I've wondered for so long how many people have these types of 'splendor' happen in their lives. It's easy to hear Chopra and guys like that talk about it, but when it's happening to you...and in a powerful, overwhelming way, it just seems like no one can relate to what you're experiencing.

And...surprise, surprise...I thought I was the only one that wrote all the mystical (and in retrospect, sometimes crazy) stuff down. I still find pieces of paper in books where I've jotted down ideas, numbers, diagrams, etc. I still have the statement that I wrote down after the first one I got on the night that altered the path of my life, about 3 years ago. Long story, but the statement I...was 'given'??? ...was:

Thanks for posting that and sharing it with everyone. I think it's beautiful and the dream was 'God'-inspired!!!!

Man, I sure agree with that! We probably differ on the source of the "genius", though.

But, definitely agree.

Man, I sure agree with that! We probably differ on the source of the "genius", though.

But, definitely agree.

Heb13-13,

I knew you would agree with that. It's all the dogma, doctrines, and control that really poisons people's minds who are searching for Truth...and I've read in your post the liberty that you have found vs "religion"

The genius, in my view, is the essence of God...creativity...the way we were created to be in the first place. We're creative geniuses created like our Maker...that's how I understand "In His image and in His likeness".
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

Heb13-13,

I knew you would agree with that. It's all the dogma, doctrines, and control that really poisons people's minds who are searching for Truth...and I've read in your post the liberty that you have found vs "religion"

The genius, in my view, is the essence of God...creativity...the way we were created to be in the first place. We're creative geniuses created like our Maker...that's how I understand "In His image and in His likeness".
    Oh sorry, I thought you meant a "genius" behind the religion and socialization.

It's genius how man has been brought into so much religious bondage, too.

All the best,
    Rick

Oh sorry, I thought you meant a "genius" behind the religion and socialization.

It's genius how man has been brought into so much religious bondage, too.

All the best,
    Rick
    Amen to that!
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

Thanks for enthusiastic reply brother-man. And yes, I saw a lot of stuff in my old journal that made me think - man, what you thinking? It's a little scary being open and honest about the inner workings of your mind. I feel a little naked ... but then again, we're all born that way, eh? Maybe if more of us took a risk and admitted we didn't have any clothes it would be a little easier to get everyone to admit the emperor don't got no clothes either and so we can finally throw the faker out!

Religion is socialization. And it's very difficult to free yourself, since you think with the same metaphors that couch religion. How do you think yourself out of the box if the box is made of the very words you think with?

Perhaps we need a new kind of thinking. Visual. Holistic. Integrated Left/Right hemisphere with higher consciousness being the arc between them.

If heaven and earth are yin and yang, which is which? If they are left and right brain, which is which? Is the corpus callosum the mediator that joins heaven and earth? Could we see the entire Bible as metaphor of mind?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information