Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Historical Fiction novel - The Conspiracy to Assassinate Jesus Christ

You might be interested to check out an historical fiction novel, more than six years in the making, titled, The Conspiracy to Assassinate Jesus Christ.

Many of the events and characters will be familiar to any person who has attended a Christian church, but this novel interrelates the historical Jesus with the empire-shaking political machinations of the most powerful man in Rome at the time (a man almost completely forgotten to history). The result is a never-before-told plot that unfolds as the same events described in the New Testament are driven by entirely new and plausible motivations of Pontius Pilate, Joseph Caiaphas, and others.

Why are both men pursuing separate hidden agendas to kindle an uprising against Rome, and why does Pilate really want Jesus kept alive? What role does Lucius Sejanus (a real person), the most powerful man in the Roman Empire, play in this multi-faceted conspiracy?

As events unfold that square off Pilate and Caiaphas in the most famous planned miscarriage of justice in human history, follow Jesus’ journey from birth to adult, world explorer to itinerant lay preacher, and eventually to prophet of God.

The startling conclusions will have you contemplating the many still hotly debated religious concepts in this completely original could-have-been historical fiction thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by cseepe View Post
    You might be interested to check out an historical fiction novel, more than six years in the making, titled, The Conspiracy to Assassinate Jesus Christ.

Many of the events and characters will be familiar to any person who has attended a Christian church, but this novel interrelates the historical Jesus with the empire-shaking political machinations of the most powerful man in Rome at the time (a man almost completely forgotten to history). The result is a never-before-told plot that unfolds as the same events described in the New Testament are driven by entirely new and plausible motivations of Pontius Pilate, Joseph Caiaphas, and others.

Why are both men pursuing separate hidden agendas to kindle an uprising against Rome, and why does Pilate really want Jesus kept alive? What role does Lucius Sejanus (a real person), the most powerful man in the Roman Empire, play in this multi-faceted conspiracy?

As events unfold that square off Pilate and Caiaphas in the most famous planned miscarriage of justice in human history, follow Jesus’ journey from birth to adult, world explorer to itinerant lay preacher, and eventually to prophet of God.

The startling conclusions will have you contemplating the many still hotly debated religious concepts in this completely original could-have-been historical fiction thriller.
    Hey there cseepe,

Welcome to our forum!

I found the website for the book here: http://www.jesusandsejanus.com/

Jesus and Sejanus - catchy title!

Are you the author of the book? Sounds like it might make a good movie.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Yes, I'm the author ...

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the warm greetings.

Yes, I'm the author of the book and apologize in advance for my blatant self-promotion here. The http://www.jesusandsejanus.com/ website was set up years ago while I was still writing the book. This website address was the original name for the book but it evolved into what it is known by today. The website you found actually "points" to the website for the book, http://www.theconspiracytoassassinatejesuschrist.com/

I wrote the novel with the prospect of a movie in the back of my mind, for exactly the same reason you mentioned. I think many people, religious or not, wight find the backdrop of political intrigue, murder, double crossing, treason, etc. going on in Rome an interesting story, especially when tied into the novel's story about Jesus Christ's travels around the Mediterranean and to points in the mid-to-far east.

The book was meticulously researched and touches on all kinds of things that I believe the average Christian follower would not have thought about.

But in the end, it is a Roman history fiction story that connects Jesus to the most powerful man in the empire at the time (arguably more powerful than the emperor), a man completely forgotten to history and virtually unheard by anyone except the ardent first century Roman history scholar.

Thanks for looking up the website.

Kind regards,

Chris

Thread Information