Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

I was hoping that Richard or someone could tell me how to either: attach a Word Document or embed/paste a document that contains text boxes and some graphics. Thanks.
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

"It is only by the exercise of Reason, that man can discover God."
    ~ Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by RC Christian View Post
    I was hoping that Richard or someone could tell me how to either: attach a Word Document or embed/paste a document that contains text boxes and some graphics. Thanks.
    Hey there RC,

Glad you asked! Lot's of folks want answers to the same question. Happily, it's one of the great new features that is supposed to come with the big update I did a few daya ago to vBulletting 4.1.7. You should be able to copy/paste tables from Word or Excell and even Open Office directly into your posts. For example, I just copied this table:
    Look what
    I can
    do!

Alternately, you can click the "Table" button found at the lower left corner of the icons in the editor. Then you can choose to have a border and the width and alignment of the table. Also, after you have a table, you can highlight all its cells and then click the "Table Properties" button (second from left on third row) to adjust some of it's properties.

Same thing goes for most Word docs and many other formatted texts. You can copy/paste them.

As for attachments, there is a button below the editor that says "Manage Attachments."

Dont' hesitate to ask any other questions. There are lots of new features that many folks don't know about and wouldn't think to ask about.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Next question

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there RC,

Glad you asked! Lot's of folks want answers to the same question. Happily, it's one of the great new features that is supposed to come with the big update I did a few daya ago to vBulletting 4.1.7. You should be able to copy/paste tables from Word or Excell and even Open Office directly into your posts. For example, I just copied this table:
    Look what
    I can
    do!

Alternately, you can click the "Table" button found at the lower left corner of the icons in the editor. Then you can choose to have a border and the width and alignment of the table. Also, after you have a table, you can highlight all its cells and then click the "Table Properties" button (second from left on third row) to adjust some of it's properties.

Same thing goes for most Word docs and many other formatted texts. You can copy/paste them.

As for attachments, there is a button below the editor that says "Manage Attachments."

Dont' hesitate to ask any other questions. There are lots of new features that many folks don't know about and wouldn't think to ask about.

Richard

My buttons that should allow me to Paste text or documents are not allowing me to access them...faded...so are the Table buttons underneath them. All other buttons are functional (video embedding, email, fonts, etc.).
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

My buttons that should allow me to Paste text or documents are not allowing me to access them...faded...so are the Table buttons underneath them. All other buttons are functional (video embedding, email, fonts, etc.).
    What browser are using? What is it's version number (look under Help > About or someplace like that.)

Also, do some of the buttons work, just not all of them?

What happens if you try pasting something using <control>-v?

Unfortunately, I've been reading about lots of "issues" with the editor. It's called CKEditor and you can find about about it by googling vBulletin CKEditor bugs.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

What browser are using? What is it's version number (look under Help > About or someplace like that.)

Unfortunately, I've been reading about lots of "issues" with the editor. It's called CKEditor and you can find about about it by googling vBulletin CKEditor bugs.
    Richard, it seems that Christian is having the same problems with the Editor as I'm having. Even though I upgraded my browsers, the CKEditor still doesn't have all the functions on it working. Like Christian's the "paste, table, rows, and columns" don't work, the rest work fine.

I could never be a computer tech, I'd go mad. More power to you Richard!

God bless---Twospirits
    "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Rev. 21:4).

Quote Originally Posted by Twospirits View Post
    Richard, it seems that Christian is having the same problems with the Editor as I'm having. Even though I upgraded my browsers, the CKEditor still doesn't have all the functions on it working. Like Christian's the "paste, table, rows, and columns" don't work, the rest work fine.

I could never be a computer tech, I'd go mad. More power to you Richard!

God bless---Twospirits
    Yep, it sounds like the same general problem. It's hard to believe that they can't get the one piece of software most used on a forum - the comment box! - to work as advertised.

And you are correct - software design is not for everyone. It's super detail oriented. You eyes go numb looking for the difference between a colon and semi-colon which play special roles throughou
    t the code. If could be a one-way ticket ont the Crazy Train for some folks!

The lyrics of this song are awesome! For example it begins with this:

"Maybe it's not too late to learn how to love, and forget how to hate."

LYRICS
    ALL ABOOOOOAAAARRD HAHAHAHAHAHA...
    AY AY AY AY AY...
    Crazy, but thats how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe its not to late
    To learn how to love
    And forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
    Lifes a bitter shame
    Im going off the rails on a crazy train

Ive listened to preachers
    Ive listened to fools
    Ive watched all the dropouts
    Who make their own rules
    One person conditioned to rule and control
    The media sells it and you have the role

Mental wounds still screaming
    Driving me insane

I know that things are going wrong for me
    You gotta listen to my words
    Yeh-h yeeeeaaaahhhh

CRAZY ASS GUITAR SOLO!!!!!!!!!!

Heirs of a cold war
    Thats what weve become
    Inheriting troubles Im mentally numb
    Crazy, I just cannot bear
    Im living with something that just isnt fair

Mental wounds not healing
    Who and whats to blame

Check out my blog site

Google Chrome 15...and "Yes", it's doing just like Twospirits said.
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

Google Chrome 15...and "Yes", it's doing just like Twospirits said.
    Hummm ... I made this table using
    Google's Chrome 15
    So humm ....

So this will take some more research ....

Check out my blog site

Problems with the Comment Box

Just wandering if anyone else is having the same problems with the Comment Box that I am. Trying to rule out if it's my browser or something...using Chrome 15 now, have also tried Yahoo. My function buttons are working as follows:

Top Row: Everything is working great, except for the "Paste as Plain Text" & "Paste from Word"

Middle Row: Everything is working great.

Bottom Row: The only function buttons working are the "Subscript", "Superscript", & "Insert Horizontal Line"
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

Just wandering if anyone else is having the same problems with the Comment Box that I am. Trying to rule out if it's my browser or something...using Chrome 15 now, have also tried Yahoo. My function buttons are working as follows:

Top Row: Everything is working great, except for the "Paste as Plain Text" & "Paste from Word"

Middle Row: Everything is working great.

Bottom Row: The only function buttons working are the "Subscript", "Superscript", & "Insert Horizontal Line"
    Thanks for the report. There are many problems with the CKEditor (that's it's technical name) that came with the recent upgrade to vBulletin 4.1.7. The problems vary from browser to browser. They just released another upgrade version 4.1.8 that' supposed to fix some of the bugs. I hope to do the second upgrade within a week or so.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information