Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

My Stroke of Insight

My Stroke of Insight is an inspiring book about a 37 year old woman (Jill Bolte Taylor) who is a brain-scientist and had a massive stroke in the left hemisphere of her brain. Here is her story...

Here is a link to her web-site...http://drjilltaylor.com/
    Last edited by Rose; 11-16-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    My Stroke of Insight is an inspiring book about a 37 year old woman (Jill Bolte Taylor) who is a brain-scientist and had a massive stroke in the left hemisphere of her brain. Here is her story...
    That is the best introductory book to the science of the brain hemispheres I know of. I loved it. It was anecdotal yet scientifically accurate, and the most amazing thing is that Jill was able to come back and tell us about what it was like to have the "internal chatter" of her verbal left brain turned off. She described it as oceanic - like nirvana. Feeling she was at one with the world. That's the Right Brain mode of consciousness. Of course, no one would get anything done if that were their only state of consciousness, and that's why we need our Left Brain like an "emissary" to go out into the world and accomplish tasks. And that's great as long as the Left Brain knows who it's master is. Unfortunately, our current western civilization enables the Left Brain to forget it's master - and this is the topic of a much more advanced study The Master and His Emissary by Iain McGilchrist.

Here's a video of him talking about his thesis "THe Divided Brain and the Making of Western Civilization" -

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information