Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up The forum categories have been restructured

Hey Folks,

As our conversations mature and our minds open and our vision expands, I was inspired to make space for a broader set of discussions. Have you ever wondered how much our topic choices were influenced by the list of categories offered?

So now I am aiming to have a "place" for every possible topic. I've introduced a large number of new categories:
    • General Discussion
      • Announcements < You are here.
      • General Discussion
      • Current Events
      • Skeptics' Zone
      • The Fringe
    • Religion and Spirituality
      • Buddhism
      • Christianity
        • Bibilical Studies
        • Hermeneutics and Theology
        • Eschatology
      • Islam
      • Taoism
      • Wisdom of the Sacred Feminine
    • Culture
      • Arts and Entertainment
      • Book Reviews
      • Psychedelia
    • Science
      • General Science
      • Mathematics
      • Physics
      • Biology
      • Evolution
      • Neuroscience
      • Psychology
      • Earth Science
      • Computers and Software
    • The Bible Wheel Website
      • Bible Wheel
      • Inner Wheels
      • Biblical Holographs and Gematria
      • The Hebrew Alphabet and Language
      • Canon Studies
      • The Wheel and World History
    If you need one you don't see in the list, let me know and I will consider adding it.

Expand your minds, my friends, and share your insights with everyone.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Revamped Forum spelling question

A certain adjective has not only gained some extra letters including "r", "n", "d" & "L". In addition, an "s" and "t" are missing and an "i" & "e" have been reversed. Is this an "administrative" error?

I hope you don't get too "spunky" over my "feisty" observation!

John

Quote Originally Posted by jce View Post
    A certain adjective has not only gained some extra letters including "r", "n", "d" & "L". In addition, an "s" and "t" are missing and an "i" & "e" have been reversed. Is this an "administrative" error?

I hope you don't get too "spunky" over my "feisty" observation!

John
    I love spunk, chutzpah, and moxie - so no problems there! And I love a mystery, so now I need to find which adjective you are talking about.

I'm stumped.

Let me think about it a bit before I beg for a hint ....

Doh! Feisty became Friendly! You included the hint rather blatantly in your post.

In answer to your question, no - I don't think it's an administrative error, though time will tell, I suppose. I like to think of it as an administrative work in progress towards better consciousness.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post

In answer to your question, no - I don't think it's an administrative error, though time will tell, I suppose. I like to think of it as an administrative work in progress towards better consciousness.
    I like the new look of the forum, the new look at the administrator and the new attitude towards his demeanor!

It's just one of those, ah you know... "win, win" scenarios! I actually dislike that expression. It seems that it's not just obsolete, but unattainable in negotiations between men. Unless of course there are two categories such as; big winners and little winners, otherwise we are left with... oh no, don't say it John... "winners & losers".

So Richard, I encourage you to... keep up the "winning" work!

John

I like the new look of the forum, the new look at the administrator and the new attitude towards his demeanor!

It's just one of those, ah you know... "win, win" scenarios! I actually dislike that expression. It seems that it's not just obsolete, but unattainable in negotiations between men. Unless of course there are two categories such as; big winners and little winners, otherwise we are left with... oh no, don't say it John... "winners & losers".

So Richard, I encourage you to... keep up the "winning" work!

John
    Thanks Brother-Man!

Your words are very encouraging. We can all change for the better. Might as well make an example of myself, eh?

But there is a profound authenticity to the idea of "win-win." Two intelligent beings should always be able to find that way. Unless, of course, they have opted to irrationally set their self-interest above their common interest. I say "irrationally" because cooperation is a benefit to all, where as "win-lose" situations are ultimately harmful to both the "winner" and the "loser." We are one. We cannot go about abusing our fellow humans and think we have "won" when in fact our inner life is dead to the highest value - LOVE OTHERS.

Or so it seems this aging hippie ...

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    But there is a profound authenticity to the idea of "win-win." Two intelligent beings should always be able to find that way. Unless, of course, they have opted to irrationally set their self-interest above their common interest. I say "irrationally" because cooperation is a benefit to all, where as "win-lose" situations are ultimately harmful to both the "winner" and the "loser." We are one. We cannot go about abusing our fellow humans and think we have "won" when in fact our inner life is dead to the highest value - LOVE OTHERS.

Or so it seems this aging hippie ...
    I dig it man. A groovy concept worthy of a toke!!!!!

John

I dig it man. A groovy concept worthy of a toke!!!!!

John
    Genesis 1:30 "I have given every green herb for food" - Yum! Brownies!

Check out my blog site

Thread Information