Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Mystykal,

Thank you for your comments on my article ... I did think about citing chapter and verse, but because there are so many I thought I would leave it up to the reader to search it out. Also, the article from the Examiner that I quoted at the bottom of my article contains many examples, which I thought were sufficient, but maybe I will go back and edit in some specific references.

Where may I ask do you get the idea that "God is Love", if not from the Bible? You say that it is unfair to blame god for the male bias of the Bible, yet you seem perfectly willing to accept what the Bible says about god's love. How do you know anything at all about the nature of god if you don't get if from the Bible? If the Bible portrays god as a father and a husband, does that not mean his love is like that of a father to his children or a husband to his wife? Read 1 Peter chapter 3, which tells a woman she should obey her husband and call him Lord in the same manner as Christians are to obey god and call him Lord. The idea of god's love being equated with a fathers love, and a husbands love is saturated throughout Scripture, because it was men who authored the Bible.

If you look around at all the religions of the world you will see that each group gets their concept of who god is from their sacred texts. Muslims get their idea of god from the Ouran, Hindu's get their ideas about all their gods from their sacred texts, just like Christians get their ideas about god from the Bible.

Take care,
    Rose
    Hi Rose:
    I get my idea of goodness and love from my mom! She is one of the most loving people I know! And I do not accept her idea of GOD or religion! So if I really think about it I believe in goodness and love because I believe in the Taoist yin/yang model. It seems to me to answer the harder questions which the Bilble is silent on. If absolute evil exists then absolute goodness MUST exist as well. The way we learn to love is by example. Most children learn from an adult who is close to them. I too experienced love as a child. Real unconditional love and I call that GOD. I have always looked at the "GOD MODEL" as just that - A model. The nature relogions such as Native American Ghost Dance religion and those of the Hopi also have malevolent aspects to them. However, for the most part they are - like the buffalo woman - the Spirit of kindness and love always wins. This is the take away from even the Bible. In the big picture spirituality is teaching us to behave in a compassionate way with all creatures. The habits of man die hard but the pay off is a world of peace and joy.

If the Bible portrays god as a father and a husband, does that not mean his love is like that of a father to his children or a husband to his wife? Read 1 Peter chapter 3, which tells a woman she should obey her husband and call him Lord in the same manner as Christians are to obey god and call him Lord. The idea of god's love being equated with a fathers love, and a husbands love is saturated throughout Scripture, because it was men who authored the Bible.
    The Bible also says that "husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it!" So until your husband DIES for you he is not really loving you as Christ loved the church! So all that crap about male dominance goes out the window! The yin/yang model persists in the fact that men are to treat women in a way which is beyond life itself! "Love your enemies!" "Do good to them who hate you!" These ideas are all over in the Bible. Clearly not the normal veiw of men! Men tend to want to fight to even the score! So my point is that even slavery was justified at one time using the Bible! But Paul tells an early Christian to be kind and forgiving to his run a way slave! As we are the slaves of Christ!... I think these analogies are fine but limited in their scope. We must be motivated by the spirit of love and compassion if we are ever going to see a world which can get past all the bad ugly human behavior. It is not the GOD of love who does these things but corrupted people who push the blame onto a god of their own creation! We must discover the buried truth about the true GOD of creation. It is by faith that the truth can be discovered. It is faith working in love that will transform the world and make us better people to each other.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Last edited by Mystykal; 12-10-2013 at 01:47 AM.
    Mystykal

Thread Information