Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Symmetry of the Aaronic Blessing

Some time ago - I don't remember when or where - I was discussing the Aaronic Blessing and noticed it has and beautiful symmetry. The Blessing is from Numbers 6:24-26:

24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

In the original Hebrew, these three verses contain 3, 5, and 7 words, respectively. Likewise, the number of letters follows an arithmetic progression of 15, 20, and 25 letters, respectively. Here is how it looks in the original Hebrew:

The three central words in the central verse (horizontal box) are the same as the three central words in the central colum (vertical box).

There is some very interesting gemtria in this passage too that I will share as I find time.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Here is some of the "interesting gematria" that I mentioned. In the second verse, the word "shine" is the verb "ya'ar" which is from the root aur (light) which has the value:

Light (Aur) = 207

This coincides exactly with "panyav aleyka" (his face upon you) = 207.

Thus, the phrase "the light of the Lord" (Aur YHVH) = 233 coincides with "The LORD, His Face upon you" (YHVH panyav aleyka) which is repeated vertically and horzontally in the three verses.

This also is the value of The Tree of Life from Geneis 2:7.

We also have the identity:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee = 444 = Perfect Love

The readers are invited to post their insights.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

So... seven years after your post, I came looking for information on the Aaronic Blessing and found your fascinating thread. I hope this message reaches you, because I want to thank you for opening my eyes to this! Our God is GOOD!

Shalom!

A.J.

It says: The number of words correspond to the "y-h"- part of the name of God. The number of letters form the quadruple of the 15 of God's name -- which means that the name of God should be called out to all four corners of the earth, i.e. to all the (70) people.

But you can also say that it is an expression of the 1-4 principle in the "mist" of Genesis 12:6.

Further there is said that there are four letters "shin" in the blessing, two right-punctuated "shin" and two left-punctuated "sin".

The last "shin", initial of the last word "shalom", gets a certain stress in Jewish tradition, said to be the four-pronged "shin" (that is on the tefilin of the head) and as such the missing 23rd letter, i.e.Omega -- third eye .

Which indeed might be the intention of "may the Lord shine his face upon you", that your third eye might be open.
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-17-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Here is some of the "interesting gematria" that I mentioned. In the second verse, the word "shine" is the verb "ya'ar" which is from the root aur (light) which has the value:

Light (Aur) = 207

This coincides exactly with "panyav aleyka" (his face upon you) = 207.

Thus, the phrase "the light of the Lord" (Aur YHVH) = 233 coincides with "The LORD, His Face upon you" (YHVH panyav aleyka) which is repeated vertically and horzontally in the three verses.

This also is the value of The Tree of Life from Geneis 2:7.

We also have the identity:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee = 444 = Perfect Love

The readers are invited to post their insights.

Richard
    That's a beautiful arrangement, Richard.. A real JEWEL!
    The Sea of Galilee was north of Jerusalem and the people living in that area were called Galileans, much like people from the town of Nazareth were called Nazarites, (IMO) in spite of that specific title given in Numbers 6:2. Samson was a Nazarite: Judg13:5.

O.K., so Jesus is never called a Nazarite in scripture, and there's no clear connection between Nazareth and Nazarite. Even so, the prophet Jonah was sent to the city of Nineveh, which Jesus said was occupied by "Ninevites", Lk11:30, and it's this one-time N.T. terminology which I'm using.

It seems that Jesus didn't tell them about his being born in Bethlehem. Also, the Pharisee's claimed "no prophet ariseth out of Galilee", Jn7:52, but they were wrong about that, because the prophet Jonah was from Gath-Hepher, a small town about 5 mi. from Nazareth, in Galilee. Shame on them for not knowing!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Pslams 116:1 reads:

אָהַבְתִּי כִּי יִשְׁמַע | יְהֹוָה אֶת קוֹלִי תַּחֲנוּנָי
    "ahavti ki yishma HASHEM et koli tachanunai" - I would love (I wished) that the Lord would hear my voice [in] my supplications.

So not (KJV): I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Pslams 116:1 reads:

אָהַבְתִּי כִּי יִשְׁמַע | יְהֹוָה אֶת קוֹלִי תַּחֲנוּנָי
    "ahavti ki yishma HASHEM et koli tachanunai" - I would love (I wished) that the Lord would hear my voice [in] my supplications.

So not (KJV): I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
    Numbers 6 and Psalm 116 are on the 6th Spoke.

Thread Information