Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Bible's Built-in Dictionary

Hey Richard,

I just read throught the thread on IsaacMozeson (sp?) and recalled one reason why I enjoy the Bible Wheel book so much. Etymology is very interesting to me and I enjoy the gems that you brought out and still do bring out of various words.

I have a question. Has there ever been a thread on the Bible's built-in dictionary? I have searched and cannot find one. I think it is fascinating how there is a built-in dictionary in the Bible (KJV). I know for sure the KJV contains it and some other translations I have checked actually damage it.

If you would like some examples, I can give some, but you probably know what am talking about. No wonder the Bible was a great school book in the pioneer days.

Blessings to you,
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Hey Richard,

I just read throught the thread on IsaacMozeson (sp?) and recalled one reason why I enjoy the Bible Wheel book so much. Etymology is very interesting to me and I enjoy the gems that you brought out and still do bring out of various words.

I have a question. Has there ever been a thread on the Bible's built-in dictionary? I have searched and cannot find one. I think it is fascinating how there is a built-in dictionary in the Bible (KJV). I know for sure the KJV contains it and some other translations I have checked actually damage it.

If you would like some examples, I can give some, but you probably know what am talking about. No wonder the Bible was a great school book in the pioneer days.

Blessings to you,
    Rick
    Hey there Rick,

No, I don't think we've had a thread like that. But it was something that I believed when I was writing the Bible Wheel book and often mentioned it as one of the cool things about the Bible. I haven't thought about it for a long time. I think it would make an excellent thread.

So go ahead and give some examples, and we'll see where it leads.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information