Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Who are the Palestinians?

The current event issue of recognizing Palestine as a full member of the UN provokes the question......who are they? If you asked them, who are your ancestors, and please give us a known historical figure as your progenitor....who would that be? Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Joel wrote,

The current event issue of recognizing Palestine as a full member of the UN provokes the question......who are they? If you asked them, who are your ancestors, and please give us a known historical figure as your progenitor....who would that be? Joel
    Joel,

From what historical sources tell us there never has been a Palestinian nation. Until the early part of the twentieth century the word Palestinian simply referred to the inhabitants of the land called Palestine, whether they were Arab, Muslim, Jew, Samaritan, Christian or Druze. And even they did not use the term widely. Only since 1948 has the term come increasingly into use to refer to all the non-Jewish inhabitants of the Holy Land at the time of the establishment of the State of Israel. And now that includes all of their descendants also.

The history of a distinct Palestinian national identity is a disputed issue amongst scholars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people

God bless---Twospirits
    "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Rev. 21:4).

Thanks, TS, what you gave me is consistent with I have found.

The tribes of Canaan, descendants of Ham, seem to have been the people immediately preceding the Israelites who claimed their right to the land through God's promise to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Prior to Israel's entry into the land, a people known as the Philistines occupied the area and as far as I can tell, that is where the word Palistine has its source.

Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post

The tribes of Canaan, descendants of Ham, seem to have been the people immediately preceding the Israelites who claimed their right to the land through God's promise to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Prior to Israel's entry into the land, a people known as the Philistines occupied the area and as far as I can tell, that is where the word Palistine has its source.

Joel
    I see many Palestinians are the descendant of Esau. Esau had 2 wives from the tribes of Canaan. And as we know, the Canaanites were and still are loggerheads with the Israelis to this day. He also married the daughter of Ishmael who is the father of the Arabs. The Arabs are also at loggerheads with the Israelis and some of them live in Palestine. I also believe some of the descendants of Jordan (Edom) are from Esau as Esau moved and occupied Mount Seir (the region of Mount Seir is in Jordan) after he married Ishmael's daughter. I do see Palestine becoming a full member of UN in the near future. Their motive is a conspiracy to alienate Israel. See wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esau

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2095.cfm

This is also based on Genesis 28 which seems to suggest that when palestinians have grown "restless". they will get away from the grip that Israel imposed on them. Palestine have been under Israel rule for too long.

38 Esau said to his father, “Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father!” Then Esau wept aloud.

39 His father Isaac answered him,

“Your dwelling will be
    away from the earth’s richness,
    away from the dew of heaven above.
    40 You will live by the sword
    and you will serve your brother.
    But when you grow restless,
    you will throw his yoke
    from off your neck.”

I do have a feeling the newly independent Palestine is the little horn that will subdue 3 horns of Daniel 7. The 3 horns subdued are Egypt, Libya and Sudan. This is with assistance from a foreign power, known as "a foreign god"....US? Russia? EU? China? AL? Anyway, this is just speculation. Palestine on the map does look like a little horn.

Daniel 7:8
    “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

Daniel 11:39 He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.

Daniel 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand. 42 He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. 43 He will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Cushites[e] in submission.

Note the mentions of Edom, Moab, Ammon which are lands in Jordan; the lands of Esau.

May the Grace of God bounds in us, Amen
    Last edited by CWH; 09-26-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

They are Semite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic
    Brother Les

Not from this world...from the other side

Joel
    Hi joel, my friend,

This article may be of interest to you which describes the Palestinians and the people of Turkey as the descendants of Esau.

http://www.studiesintheword.org/Turkey.htm

May God Bless you and all.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information