Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Dream in Hebrew Language?

I wanted to share this dream that I had at the end of February this year & see if any of you have any insight. Not sure this would be the correct place to post, but the reason I chose it is b/c I found out that the odd order that the activity of the dream went..happens to be the direction of the Hebrew language.

There were 4 clear empty glasses before me. Two were on a shelf above the other two & the order of the filling is strange to me (it went from right to left & bottom to top which is backwards to me lol) The order was like this:

glass #3 glass #4
    glass #2 glass #1

Anyways, I had a pitcher of wine in my hand & began to fill glass #1. It appeared to be getting too full so I took my hand & started scooping out wine. Then I moved to the left to glass # 2 & filled it to same level as #1. Then moved directly above to glass #3 & filled it. At this point I start hearing a blessing of some kind being spoken to me & I believe it was the Lord Himself. The only part of the blessing I remember at all is the words, "I will prosper you". As I got ready to move to glass #4 there was a HUGE LOUD noise & a flash of blinding light that woke me up. I found out the next morning that my husband was awakened by a blinding light as well! He didn't hear the loud noise though & didn't dream anything.

Any prayerful thoughts?
    Last edited by Covenantmom; 02-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenantmom View Post
    I wanted to share this dream that I had at the end of February this year & see if any of you have any insight. Not sure this would be the correct place to post, but the reason I chose it is b/c I found out that the odd order that the activity of the dream went..happens to be the direction of the Hebrew language.

There were 4 clear empty glasses before me. Two were on a shelf above the other two & the order of the filling is strange to me (it went from right to left & bottom to top which is backwards to me lol) The order was like this:

glass #3 glass #4
    glass #2 glass #1

Anyways, I had a pitcher of wine in my hand & began to fill glass #1. It appeared to be getting too full so I took my hand & started scooping out wine. Then I moved to the left to glass # 2 & filled it to same level as #1. Then moved directly above to glass #3 & filled it. At this point I start hearing a blessing of some kind being spoken to me & I believe it was the Lord Himself. The only part of the blessing I remember at all is the words, "I will prosper you". As I got ready to move to glass #4 there was a HUGE LOUD noise & a flash of blinding light that woke me up. I found out the next morning that my husband was awakened by a blinding light as well! He didn't hear the loud noise though & didn't dream anything.

Any prayerful thoughts?
    Hi CovenantMom,

First, let me say welcome to our forum!

And yes, you chose an appropriate place to post your question.

Dreams played an important role in my life during the time I was learning Hebrew and making many exciting discoveries about the Bible.

The image of four glasses rings bells because the famous psychologist Carl Jung saw that this was a very common pattern in dreams. He called it a "quaternity" and felt that it ultimately related to mandalas as "archeetypal symbols of wholeness." He also noticed the pattern in religious iconography throughout the world, especially in Christianity where the circle and the cross were frequently united, as in the halo behind the head of Christ.

But as for the meaning of your dream in particular - it's rather hard to say because I don't have much detail. But the thing that strikes me is the idea of "blessing" connected with wine flowing into glasses. This is a very "Hebraic" concept and it reminds me of the ancient Jewish tradition that speaks of the original "vessels" of creation that receive blessings from God. It is significant that the tradition speaks of the blessings "overflowing" just like in your dream. And the fact that they were layered two above and two below matches that tradition which speaks of the blessings flowing from heaven above to earth below. So if I were you, I would research the Jewish tradition relating to blessings and vessels.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thank you so much!

I will check more into that (Jewish blessings & vessels). I will say (as far as more detail) that the dream could be in relation to a promise that He would bless my husband & I with more children. But it could not be related to that at all I suppose.

I have a few more dreams to share as time allows & can't wait to see any insight ya'll have on them. Fascinating stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hi CovenantMom,

First, let me say welcome to our forum!

And yes, you chose an appropriate place to post your question.

Dreams played an important role in my life during the time I was learning Hebrew and making many exciting discoveries about the Bible.

The image of four glasses rings bells because the famous psychologist Carl Jung saw that this was a very common pattern in dreams. He called it a "quaternity" and felt that it ultimately related to mandalas as "archeetypal symbols of wholeness." He also noticed the pattern in religious iconography throughout the world, especially in Christianity where the circle and the cross were frequently united, as in the halo behind the head of Christ.

But as for the meaning of your dream in particular - it's rather hard to say because I don't have much detail. But the thing that strikes me is the idea of "blessing" connected with wine flowing into glasses. This is a very "Hebraic" concept and it reminds me of the ancient Jewish tradition that speaks of the original "vessels" of creation that receive blessings from God. It is significant that the tradition speaks of the blessings "overflowing" just like in your dream. And the fact that they were layered two above and two below matches that tradition which speaks of the blessings flowing from heaven above to earth below. So if I were you, I would research the Jewish tradition relating to blessings and vessels.

All the best,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Covenantmom View Post

glass #3 glass #4
    glass #2 glass #1

Any prayerful thoughts?

Ah, a synchronicity!
    Hi Covenantmom.
    I was just posting Richard and mentioned the Hebrew scholars belief that Scripture is written on four levels of interpretation.
    Literal, Implied, Allegorical and Mystical.

With any dream or sychronicity I would take into account what was on your mind lately or something you just said or thought.
    But my ears perked up when you mentioned the Flash of light after filling the third glass.
    The first three levels of interpretation are learned. We read scripture "literally" and then "imply" things from it and apply those lessons to our lives. We can also look at scripture as "allegorical", in other words each element of a story has a symbolic meaning. The parable of the sower is a good example.
    But a flash of light is sometimes indicative of a true spiritual or mystical experience. Something we cannot learn, but a direct revelation or visitation from God. So we cannot learn to cause these things to happen because it is a gift. But we can learn to recognise them when they do happen.
    Paul was blinded by such a light when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.
    I would watch for prosperity in your life and especially for prosperity in the Spiritual sense. Treasure in heaven.

Sounds like you just experienced something to hang onto. Experiences like this are something to keep in your memories. Many times in the bible someone will have such an experience and set up a stone as a reminder of what occured. Such stones were not cut with iron, meaning man did not do it.
    Just marking it in our memories.

Hope this helps,
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob May; 08-26-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob May View Post
    Ah, a synchronicity!
    Hi Covenantmom.
    I was just posting Richard and mentioned the Hebrew scholars belief that Scripture is written on four levels of interpretation.
    Literal, Implied, Allegorical and Mystical.

With any dream or sychronicity I would take into account what was on your mind lately or something you just said or thought.
    But my ears perked up when you mentioned the Flash of light after filling the third glass.
    The first three levels of interpretation are learned. We read scripture "literally" and then "imply" things from it and apply those lessons to our lives. We can also look at scripture as "allegorical", in other words each element of a story has a symbolic meaning. The parable of the sower is a good example.
    But a flash of light is sometimes indicative of a true spiritual or mystical experience. Something we cannot learn, but a direct revelation or visitation from God. So we cannot learn to cause these things to happen because it is a gift. But we can learn to recognise them when they do happen.
    Paul was blinded by such a light when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.
    I would watch for prosperity in your life and especially for prosperity in the Spiritual sense. Treasure in heaven.

Sounds like you just experienced something to hang onto. Experiences like this are something to keep in your memories. Many times in the bible someone will have such an experience and set up a stone as a reminder of what occured. Such stones were not cut with iron, meaning man did not do it.
    Just marking it in our memories.

Hope this helps,
    Bob
    Thanks for your thoughts, Bob. Very interesting. I def believe it was a visitation from the Lord. I really have no doubt about that. I'm going to post another dream I had before this one that reminded me of what you said about stones as reminders. It's really odd though because I've had the worst year spiritually of my whole life. My faith has been tried in the fire. Maybe He is showing me that I will come out in the end like purified gold? I'm sure it will be worth all the pain in the end if I am more in the likeness of Christ. But boy it's a painful process!
    Barukh attah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam, dayan ha-emet! "Blessed art thou, LORD our God, Master of the universe, the Judge of the Truth"

his masters voice like to invite you in life tree! fill up glass2 for beth and glass1 for aleph each with the half of the whole.
    than fill sephira gimel complete for the da'ath. you have now two glass of wine with three glasses.
    now you have a little knowledge about the circles of the nine doors. so ask you how and how much wine you have to give
    glass daleth number four, the sephira outside the circle of the nine doors. see, if you have one full glass of wine you are alone. but if you part your wine in two glasses you can have love. seems like your wish to have one more child could break the love between you and him.
    so walk in humble with your love and your child first, if you wish more. be happy and praise the lord for what you have.
    Last edited by oxbox; 07-30-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Thread Information