Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Bible Wheel as a Template of Individuation

In order to truly see the value of the Bible one must first let go of the suffocating hold it has when it’s wrongly viewed as the 'Inerrant Word of God', and held as a guide book of divine rules. Instead, if we allow the true meaning of the Bible to be revealed on a deeper level, we can see it contains a chronological account of the process of the 'Individuation' of humanity as a whole, thus it becomes a book of knowledge…with knowledge being the 'key' to its true interpretation.

Looking at the Bible in this manner, we see its Mandala structure displayed in the Bible Wheel as the Individuation process of humanity. Starting with the inward 'Self/God' connection of man being created in the image of God, progressing to the outwardly projected Self, this is manifested as the monotheistic God of the Bible. When the Ego emerges and the process of individuation begins, it parallels that which we see with the individual Individuation process. Throughout the Bible’s pages is revealed the same dark areas of the Shadow and the strong Anima/Animus (male/female connection), along with the growth of the Ego described as inflation, leading to alienation and ultimately reunification with the Self, thus from beginning (Genesis) to end (Revelation) it completes the full circle of growth where the outward projected God/Self once again is seen as god/Self within man.
    Gen.1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    1.Man created the outward 'God' from his own inward 'Self' image.
    1Cor.15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Rom.8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us…16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
    Rev.21:13 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with/in them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    1. The outwardly projected 'God/Self' image is once again reunited with the inward 'Self' after the process of Individuation is complete.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    In order to truly see the value of the Bible one must first let go of the suffocating hold it has when it’s wrongly viewed as the 'Inerrant Word of God', and held as a guide book of divine rules. Instead, if we allow the true meaning of the Bible to be revealed on a deeper level, we can see it contains a chronological account of the process of the 'Individuation' of humanity as a whole, thus it becomes a book of knowledge…with knowledge being the 'key' to its true interpretation.

Looking at the Bible in this manner, we see its Mandala structure displayed in the Bible Wheel as the Individuation process of humanity. Starting with the inward 'Self/God' connection of man being created in the image of God, progressing to the outwardly projected Self, this is manifested as the monotheistic God of the Bible. When the Ego emerges and the process of individuation begins, it parallels that which we see with the individual Individuation process. Throughout the Bible’s pages is revealed the same dark areas of the Shadow and the strong Anima/Animus (male/female connection), along with the growth of the Ego described as inflation, leading to alienation and ultimately reunification with the Self, thus from beginning (Genesis) to end (Revelation) it completes the full circle of growth where the outward projected God/Self once again is seen as god/Self within man.
    Gen.1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    1.Man created the outward 'God' from his own inward 'Self' image.
    1Cor.15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Rom.8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us…16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
    Rev.21:13 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with/in them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    1. The outwardly projected 'God/Self' image is once again reunited with the inward 'Self' after the process of Individuation is complete.

Rose
    My oh my, my dear!

Excellent post ... but I think I better fill in some details for our friends. I recently posted an article on my blog that should help. Here it is:

The Bible Wheel as a Cosmic Mandala of Archetypal Wholeness

'The mandala is an archetypal image whose occurrence is attested throughout the ages. It signifies the wholeness of the Self. This circular image represents the wholeness of the psychic ground or, to put it in mythic terms, the divinity incarnate in man.' – Carl Jung, Memories, Dreams and Reflections Pgs 334-335

'The 'squaring of the circle' is one of the many archetypal motifs which form the basic patterns of our dreams and fantasies. But it is distinguished by the fact that it is one of the most important of them from the functional point of view. Indeed, it could even be called the archetype of wholeness.' – Carl Jung, Collected Works 9i Par. 715
    The evolution of consciousness is one of the most important and intriguing aspects of life. It is perhaps the purpose of life. It tracks with biological evolution, increasing with the complexity of the brain in various species. To many, this naturally suggests that it is 'nothing but' a product of the physical brain, completely reducible to 'matter.' But there are deep philosophical problems with that view, and it seems more likely to me that matter is a product of mind than the reverse. If we are to believe that our ultimate understanding of the world should be a philosophical monism in which there is only one ultimate explanatory 'category' or 'principle' (as opposed to a mind vs. matter dualism) then the monism of Idealism or Panpsychism which states that everything is ultimately a product of Mind (or God) has a much greater explanatory power than a materialistic monism. This is because 'matter' can only be known through mental processes and so must be explained in mental terms (concepts, which could all be in the mind), whereas no one has yet been able to explain mental processes (like consciousness) in terms of matter only. But the true nature of consciousness remains a mystery; no one knows the precise relationship between mind and matter and we need not immerse ourselves in these deep waters for this introduction to the cosmic significance of the Bible Wheel. For our current purposes, I will be following the definitions used by Richard Maurice Bucke in his classic Cosmic Consciousness: A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind. He defines three kinds of consciousness:

1. Simple Consciousness is basic animal consciousness by which dogs or horses are just as conscious of the things about them as humans are.
    2. Self Consciousness is the ability to be aware of oneself as a distinct entity apart from the rest of the universe.
    3. Cosmic Consciousness is as far above Self Consciousness as is that above Simple Consciousness. It is a consciousness of the cosmos, that is, of the life and order of the universe and the interconnectedness and unity of all things.

The Wikipedia article on cosmic consciousness begins with this broad definition:
    Cosmic consciousness is the idea that the universe exists as an interconnected network of consciousness, with each conscious being linked to every other. Sometimes this is conceived as forming a collective consciousness which spans the cosmos, othertimes it is conceived of as an Absolute or Godhead from which all conscious beings emanate.'
    Human consciousness normally develops from the simple animal consciousness of the baby to the full self consciousness of the healthy adult. This follows the pattern of biological evolution where simple consciousness began in the lower life forms and slowly evolved through the higher vertebrates, culminating in the self consciousness of humans. Bucke was convinced that cosmic consciousness would be a third stage in our evolution, and I think he was right. But before folks can attain cosmic consciousness, they we must attain self consciousness in its most perfect form through a process which Carl Jung, the founder of Analytical Psychology, called 'individuation' – the process by which a person becomes his or her 'true self.'
    Individuation is a process of transformation whereby the personal and collective unconscious is brought into consciousness (by means of dreams, active imagination or free association to take some examples) to be assimilated into the whole personality. It is a completely natural process necessary for the integration of the psyche to take place. Individuation has a holistic healing effect on the person, both mentally and physically. [source]

Carl Jung with a Mandala

The process of individuation is never really complete in this life – it is a continuous process of discovering unconscious elements of the psyche that are then brought into conscious harmony with the rest of the personality. But there are stages in this process characterized by a profound resolution of psychological disturbances, neuroses, or psychoses when a new state of wholeness is realized. Such 'turning points' are often marked by the appearance of a mandala in a dream, active imagination, spontaneous art or even a serendipitous encounter in daily life. The appearance of the mandala is a sign that a new balance has been achieved within the psyche. This is why Jung describes the mandala as the 'archetype of wholeness' in the quote at the top of this page. The significance of the mandala cannot be overstated. Jung discovered it is a powerful and numinous universal symbol – an archetype – representing the concepts of wholeness, the psyche, the Self, and God. Most mandalas are based on a circle encompassing a square or cross. Here are some quotes from Jung’s book Dreams, Memory, and Reflections in which he describes the process of discovering the meaning of mandala:
    Only gradually did I discover what the mandala really is: 'Formation, Transformation, Eternal Mind’s eternal recreation.' And that is the self, the wholeness of the personality, which if all goes well is harmonious, but which cannot tolerate self-deceptions. … I had the distinct feeling that they were something central, and in time I acquired through them a living conception of the self. The self, I thought, was like the monad which I am, and which is my world. The mandala represents this monad, and corresponds to the microcosmic nature of the psyche.
    When I began drawing the mandalas, however, I saw that everything, all the paths I had been following, all the steps I had taken, were leading back to a single point namely, to the mid-point. It became increasingly plain to me that the mandala is the center. It is the exponent of all paths. It is the path to the center, to individuation. … I knew that in finding the mandala as an expression of the self I had attained what was for me the ultimate.
    In the products of the unconscious we discover mandala symbols, that is, circular and quaternity figures which express wholeness, and whenever we wish to express wholeness, we employ just such figures.
    Here is the first mandala that Jung drew (1916):

Jung knew that the pattern of the mandala not only appeared in the dreams and art of his patients, but also in the iconography of many religions from around the world. Indeed, that’s where he found the word 'mandala' which is the Sanskrit word for 'circle.' Many of the Hindu and Buddhist mandalas have a central 'temple' with four gates encompassed by a circle [source]:

And here is a Tibetan mandala [source] with Sanskrit mantras written in concentric circles with the quaternity in the center.

Note the four dragons in the four corners. This is strikingly similar to the pattern of ancient Christian icons which show Christ with the cruciform halo surrounded by the four cherubim as seen in the first chapter of Ezekiel on Spoke 4 of the Bible Wheel (where also we find the greatest density of the Number 4 in Scripture):

The halo of Christ follows the pattern of the mandala. We see the same thing with this icon from the ceiling of the Baptistry of San Giovanni of Florence, ca. AD 1300:

Note the self-similarity over scale – Christ’s body forms a cross in a circle just like the halo behind his head. This hints at the 'fractal' nature of mandalas as worlds within the world reflecting the world like Indra’s Net – microcosm of the macrocosm where everything reflects everything else.
    And this brings us back to the Bible Wheel, which is isomorphic to the cruciform halo behind the head of Christ:

The Bible Wheel has all the characteristics of a mandala with one slight variation – the expected 'fourth arm' of the cross that was obscured by the head of Christ is 'missing.' Or is it? This relates directly to the problem that Jung had with the Trinity, which he called the 'missing fourth.' I will discuss it in a future post. It suffices to note that the Bible – one of the most influential books on the planet – is now understood to be patterned on the 'archetype of wholeness' and so it carries with it all the implications of the appearance of mandalas in Analytical Psychology. Only now, we are talking not about the psychology of individuals, but about planetary psychology and the transformation of the global mind into a new age of harmony, wholeness, health, peace, and cooperation amongst all peoples and all life. This is why I said in my last post that the Bible Wheel looks like a 'divine dream mandala representing the unity of all religions manifested by our unified collective cosmic consciousness.' Does it mark a change in our consciousness that tracks the evolution of global communication through internet, just as consciousness has always tracked biological evolution? Are we about to take the next step in our evolution? Does it mark the rising of the unified planetary self-consciousness and precursor to a broad awakening unto cosmic consciousness?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

When I look at the biblewheel there's a lot of similarities to others things.

One thing is that it resembles to the potter's wheel as mentioned in Jeremiah:
    Jeremiah 18:3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
    As the wheel of the bible turns in your mind, in other words as you read the bible God works in your life and shapes/molds your character like unto himself.

But it's strange that the Hebrew word for wheels is not gilgal but oben
    Last edited by gilgal; 08-28-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    In order to truly see the value of the Bible one must first let go of the suffocating hold it has when it’s wrongly viewed as the “Inerrant Word of God”, and held as a guide book of divine rules. Instead, if we allow the true meaning of the Bible to be revealed on a deeper level...

Rose
    [Please excuse the recent edit]

Hi Rose,

Interesting thoughts, but I think they leave something or someone out of the equation. The Spirit of God.

I have read the Biblewheel book, and rolling up the Bible on the Hebrew alphabet does help tremendously to see interconnections and relationships of the Word of God with itself. I cannot deny it. It is a wonderful new way to see how amazing the Lord is, speaking through many different men to write 66 books, yet, maintaining control over the entire process.

While I appreciate very much the work that Richard has done and how much of a blessing it has been to me, I fully realize that no matter how many levels or dimensions you eventually discover the Bible can be looked at, it's words will always be "suffocating" to any individual if they don't have the Interpreter with them. We see this in history and the present day. Men have used God's Word to further their own interests which always means taking advantage of others.

These men stumble at God's Word and miss the hidden wisdom of it, which, because of their proud and unrepentant hearts, they will never understand and are unable to incorporate internally. Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It's not enough to "understand" God's Word. A man can have all "knowledge" and yet know absolutely nothing, if you get my drift.

The Words that Jesus speaks are Spirit and are Life and transcend the mere understanding of the mind. In fact, many things that He says and does are not logical and must be apprehended by faith. That is why it is a walk of faith. How absurd is it to put mud on a man's eyes in order to make him see again? How absurd to our mind is it to believe that someone that was slain on a cross 2000 years ago is the only path to eternal life?

All the best,
    Rick
    Last edited by heb13-13; 09-03-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: For reasons of clarity

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    [Please excuse the recent edit]

Hi Rose,

Interesting thoughts, but I think they leave something or someone out of the equation. The Spirit of God.

I have read the Biblewheel book, and rolling up the Bible on the Hebrew alphabet does help tremendously to see interconnections and relationships of the Word of God with itself. I cannot deny it. It is a wonderful new way to see how amazing the Lord is, speaking through many different men to write 66 books, yet, maintaining control over the entire process.

While I appreciate very much the work that Richard has done and how much of a blessing it has been to me, I fully realize that no matter how many levels or dimensions you eventually discover the Bible can be looked at, it's words will always be "suffocating" to any individual if they don't have the Interpreter with them. We see this in history and the present day. Men have used God's Word to further their own interests which always means taking advantage of others.

These men stumble at God's Word and miss the hidden wisdom of it, which, because of their proud and unrepentant hearts, they will never understand and are unable to incorporate internally. Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It's not enough to "understand" God's Word. A man can have all "knowledge" and yet know absolutely nothing, if you get my drift.

The Words that Jesus speaks are Spirit and are Life and transcend the mere understanding of the mind. In fact, many things that He says and does are not logical and must be apprehended by faith. That is why it is a walk of faith. How absurd is it to put mud on a man's eyes in order to make him see again? How absurd to our mind is it to believe that someone that was slain on a cross 2000 years ago is the only path to eternal life?

All the best,
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

It's not so much the absurdities that I see as being the problem, but the blindness in which people except without question what is written in the Bible and apply it to being inspired by "God". Where is the evidence?

If one looks at what much of the Bible speaks of in terms of human rights one finds an horrendous track record. Yahweh not only approves of and commands women to be considered property, but he also condones and commands virgins of pagan peoples to be given as sex-slaves to the Hebrew men.

1. Num.31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males....15-18) And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves….30-35) And of the children of Israel's half, thou shalt take one portion of fifty, of the persons, of the beeves, of the asses, and of the flocks, of all manner of beasts, and give them unto the Levites, which keep the charge of the tabernacle of the LORD. And Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses…And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him.

If the above verses were the only ones that spokes of such atrocities it would be bad enough, but that is not the case; the Old Testament is filled with such moral abominations. How can any moral person condone such horrendous actions and attribute them to the "God" they say created the universe?

These are serious questions that need to be answered and not swept under the rug, or dismissed with something trite like, "God's ways are higher than our ways" which I've heard so often.

Thank you for taking the time to speak of these matters with me with an open mind.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven

and God created man in his own image

The forming of Israel is patterned after the constellations of the heavens and God

For example EW Bullinger showed how the camp of Israel in the wilderness should be (EW Bullinger portrayed it as a square and the Levited/Libra in the center whereas Chuck Missler viewed it as the shape of a cross and the Levites again in the center and the 4 cherubs at each border: Judah/Leo in the east, Dan/eagle in the north, Ephraim/Taurus in the west, Reuben/Aquarius in the south).

I wish there were more lessons on the biblewheel and more writers than Richard and Rose to share what they learned on the subject. It's getting boring otherwise.

Thread Information