Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Maybe it's due to the dense smoke that you inhaled in the mountains, hanging around with all them hippies!!

Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Maybe it's due to the dense smoke that you inhaled in the mountains, hanging around with all them hippies!!

Joel
    Those words are truer than you know. There was little wind in the valley which was filled with hundreds of camps and many fires, so the air got rather thick with smoke. And then there were all those hippies "smudging" each other with burning sage to "cleanse their auras." And there was the ubiquitous "healing herbs" that hippies are famous for smoking. And there were many oils like Rose and Patchouli that really help when you don't get frequent baths. And of course the vegitarian hippies were cooking will all sorts of spices like curries. So yes, the air was filled with a thousand rich and delicious aromas, and they certainly did "elevate" my mood!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The pictures on your blog tell the tale. What a hoot.

Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Not to mention John 12:32

"If I be lifted up, I will draw ALL men unto me"

That word "draw" (helkuo) actually means DRAG
    Doesn't sounds like invitation to some people. Would All people such as sinners, wicked, cruel, like to be drawn to Jesus? The word drag is even worst and sounds like being forced towards him whether one like it or not, analogous like dragging yourself to work.

"If I be lifted up, I will draw ALL men unto me" should be interpreted as "If I am lifted up, I will draw or drag All men unto me whether they like it or not".

May God's Truth be bountiful unto you, Amen.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Doesn't sounds like invitation to some people. Would All people such as sinners, wicked, cruel, like to be drawn to Jesus? The word drag is even worst and sounds like being forced towards him whether one like it or not, analogous like dragging yourself to work.

"If I be lifted up, I will draw ALL men unto me" should be interpreted as "If I am lifted up, I will draw or drag All men unto me whether they like it or not".

May God's Truth be bountiful unto you, Amen.
    There once was a madman who hated all that was good. A woman took him in and taught him love. He didn't want it, but she persisted, and after many years of "dragging" him to the door of love, he awoke one morning, entered in, was healed, and thanked her profusely.

The typical Christian idea of good and evil is all wrong. God does not merely "invite" people to come to life and then let them wander off a cliff and die in their blind ignorance. No. He loves them and pursues them to the end of the universe, and he is omnipotent and wise and loving and so he will succeed in the end and reconcile every person to himself. Or that's what I would say if I were using Christian metaphors anyway.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    There once was a madman who hated all that was good. A woman took him in and taught him love. He didn't want it, but she persisted, and after many years of "dragging" him to the door of love, he awoke one morning, entered in, was healed, and thanked her profusely.

The typical Christian idea of good and evil is all wrong. God does not merely "invite" people to come to life and then let them wander off a cliff and die in their blind ignorance. No. He loves them and pursues them to the end of the universe, and he is omnipotent and wise and loving and so he will succeed in the end and reconcile every person to himself. Or that's what I would say if I were using Christian metaphors anyway.
    Well said Richard! Thanks!

Wish I could have gone to the Rainbow Gathering. It sounds heavenly. Have you ever explored the Gulf Islands? We go to as often as we can as many have a similar feel to them as the Rainbow Gathering, only all year long. Many of them are inhabited by hippies who moved there in the 60's. Neat little markets with interesting art and crafts, books..musicians playing...as well as many artisans working out of their homes. There's a refreshing feel of real community. There are some great festivals every summer too. I would move there in a minute if I could! Loved your photos!
    Last edited by kathryn; 07-12-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    God does not merely "invite" people to come to life and then let them wander off a cliff and die in their blind ignorance. No. He loves them and pursues them to the end of the universe, and he is omnipotent and wise and loving and so he will succeed in the end and reconcile every person to himself. Or that's what I would say if I were using Christian metaphors anyway.

However, I am encouraged by your statement above.

The reconciliation of all is a truth which is opposed, but, in spite of the oppositon, is true never the less.

If you embrace that, there is hope for you. Hope that passes beyond the near horizon of any limitation imposed upon God by those who interpret His Word according to their own private understanding.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Richard, I choose not to label you as a "universalist"..... (you know how I abhor titles).....as that "handle" erouses some violent opposition from those who proclaim a limitation of God's grace.

However, I am encouraged by your statement above.

The reconciliation of all is a truth which is opposed, but, in spite of the oppositon, is true never the less.

If you embrace that, there is hope for you. Hope that passes beyond the near horizon of any limitation imposed upon God by those who interpret His Word according to their own private understanding.

Joel
    I'm glad you think there "might" be some hope for me!

But as for labels - I think they are the best thing since sliced bread. Without them, we couldn't talk about cars, or houses, or Joel or Richard. All nouns are "labels" and are required for communication.

If you are going to reject a "label" why don't you just reject the label "label" and be done with it?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    But as for labels - I think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

(Gen 3:19 [WEB])
    By the sweat of your face will you eat [sliced] bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For you are dust, and to dust you shall return.'

Um, I'm not so sure about sliced bread being all that good.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfl View Post
    (Gen 3:19 [WEB])
    By the sweat of your face will you eat [sliced] bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For you are dust, and to dust you shall return.'

Um, I'm not so sure about sliced bread being all that good.

Ron
    Ah ... yes. I see why you might be confused. The sliced bread of the Old Testament was very dry and chewy. You need the fresh sliced bread of the New Testament:

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the [sliced] bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information