Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Paul's Vision

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Have you heard of mercy killing? People will kill their pet dogs rather than see them suffering if they have an incurable disease or injury. Is this moral or immoral? Likewise, I believe God had those evil men killed in the OT to prevent them from getting more evil and affecting the righteous. Perhaps, it is easier to forgive evil persons than to forgive very very evil persons. It grieved God when He ordered the killings of evil people. Will an immoral monster grieved greatly and repented for doing so? That's exactly how God felt when He planned to destroy His evil creatures in the Great Flood:

Genesis 6:5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Many Blessings.
    So now you believe there are diseases God can't cure?

And besides, you missed the point again. We are not talking about God commanding that wicked people be killed, but rather innocent little babies with soft skin and cute smiles:

I watched a movie last night called Unthinkable. It was a profound meditation on the problem of terrorism and what we would be willing to do to protect ourselves. A terrorist sent the FBI a video explaining that he had set up three nuclear bombs in three American cities that would explode in six days. He then let himself get caught. Samuel L. Jackson was the interrogator authorized to use "enhanced interrogation methods." Carrie-Anne Moss was a sensible and compassionate FBI agent who was supposed to help him. Jackson began by chopping off the terrorists little finger and Moss went into a rage about the Geneva Convention and how it was illegal. And so the debate began. Jackson spent days torturing him, but he wouldn't break and reveal the location of the bombs. Finally, they brought in his wife and Jackson threatened to torture her to force him to talk. But the other agents strongly protested because it was so wrong! They wouldn't allow it even though 10 MILLION LIVES were at stake! Finally, just before the deadline, Jackson knew the only chance he had was to bring in the terrorist's two children, aged around 7 or 8. Moss strongly objected. She screamed: YOU CAN'T HURT THOSE TWO CHILDREN! EVEN TO SAVE 10 MILLION LIVES! But Jackson convinced her that he wouldn't actually hurt them, only use them to make the terrorist break, so she relented. So he put them in the torture chamber and began to tie them down. The terrorist broke and revealed the locations of the three bombs. But Jackson suspected their was a fourth bomb, so he continued as if he were really going to torture the children to get more information. The FBI went NUTS and threatened Jackson with guns and were screaming and yelling to protect the two children of the terrorist who was trying to kill millions of people. THAT'S HOW A REAL MORAL INTUITION WORKS! IT IS WRONG TO KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN! When Christians white-wash and justify the murder of innocent children in the Old Testament, they are revealing themselves as MORAL MONSTERS whose hearts and minds have been totally corrupted by the false doctrine that the Bible is the inerrant and infallible Word of God.

Think about this. Look at the moral intuitions of good people who find the torture of two innocent children to be a torture of their own hearts! Now compare that with the corrupt words of the Bible where God commanded them to rip children from their mothers arms, chopping them to pieces so the blood and guts splatters in the mother's face while she begs and begs and screams for mercy but you have no mercy because God has killed your heart and you now are a brutal baby killing monster.

Not a pretty picture. It's time people who claim to love the truth begin to speak it.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

If the Bible was written by male-egoistic men why would they want to condemn men as well as well as women such as cursing men also, killing of all men except virgins, destroying all males and females in the Great Flood, allowing Adam to listen to Eve, portraying many men as evil and homosexuals, circumcision of males and not the females?

From a men's point of view, if sexual pleasure was the mens' goal, why would they killed all men and women and children and keeping all the virgin women; they would instead keep all men, women, children young or old for sexual pleasures. The Midianite virgins were obviously kept as wives so that God's righteous people will not be extinct. Is this moral or immoral? In ancient times, men were allowed many wives for the purpose of procreation. Rapes in ancient times I believe was rampant or at least more culturally acceptable if it was done for the purpose of procreation.

I know Rose will be up in arms!

Many Blessings.
    It's not a matter of why men wouldn't do this, or do that, but rather the reason men constructed the Bible in the manner they did was because of the aggressive, male dominator system of rule that was the prevalent at the time.

I'm not interesting in speculating about what-ifs, but rather about why the Bible was written in the manner it was. By nature men are more aggressive, and powerful than women, and that is exactly what plays out in the Bible story...even to the point of creating an aggressive, warrior god. These are just facts...and I sure wish someone would interact with me on the facts instead of always trying to defend the claim that the Bible is the word of God with speculation.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

If the Bible was written by male-egoistic men why would they want to condemn men as well as well as women such as cursing men also, killing of all men except virgins, destroying all males and females in the Great Flood, allowing Adam to listen to Eve, portraying many men as evil and homosexuals, circumcision of males and not the females?
    How is it possible that you continue to miss the point? It's been explained dozens of times.

The POINT is that the Bible has a male bias and so we cannot believe it is the "Word of God" unless we believe that God has a male bias.

From a men's point of view, if sexual pleasure was the mens' goal, why would they killed all men and women and children and keeping all the virgin women; they would instead keep all men, women, children young or old for sexual pleasures. The Midianite virgins were obviously kept as wives so that God's righteous people will not be extinct. Is this moral or immoral? In ancient times, men were allowed many wives for the purpose of procreation. Rapes in ancient times I believe was rampant or at least more culturally acceptable if it was done for the purpose of procreation.

I know Rose will be up in arms!

Many Blessings.
    There it is folks! The Christian mind and morals have been so utterly corrupted that now they cannot even declare that rape of women and murder of innocent children is morally evil.

Now let's talk about irony! Think of all the right-wing Christian fundamentalists out on the streets protesting abortions! And some have gone so far as to bomb abortion clinics and even murder doctors in cold blood! Yet all that "righteous moral indignation" is tossed out the window the moment they see that they must defend the moral abominations in the Bible. What an amazing level of cognitive dissonance. How do they do it?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Where is the hang man smiley?

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Where is the hang man smiley?
    You mean this one?

You can select it from the list, or you can just type :hangman:

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    How is it possible that you continue to miss the point? It's been explained dozens of times.

The POINT is that the Bible has a male bias and so we cannot believe it is the "Word of God" unless we believe that God has a male bias.

There it is folks! The Christian mind and morals have been so utterly corrupted that now they cannot even declare that rape of women and murder of innocent children is morally evil.

Now let's talk about irony! Think of all the right-wing Christian fundamentalists out on the streets protesting abortions! And some have gone so far as to bomb abortion clinics and even murder doctors in cold blood! Yet all that "righteous moral indignation" is tossed out the window the moment they see that they must defend the moral abominations in the Bible. What an amazing level of cognitive dissonance. How do they do it?
    Care to respond on this?

From men's point of view, if sexual pleasure was the mens' goal, why would they killed all men and women and children and keeping all the virgin women; they would instead keep all men, women, children young or old for sexual pleasures. The Midianite virgins were obviously kept as wives so that God's righteous people will not be extinct. Is this moral or immoral?

The virgin women were kept so that "first born" can be assured. Why was "first born" important in the eyes of God? PS:

http://bible.org/question/what-signi...orn'-bible

Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information