Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Paul's Vision

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Well it looks like your male aggressiveness has shown its ugly head, which totally keeps you from seeing the truth! If you would calm down your male ego for a moment you would have noticed that all my points are directed at finding the truth about who wrote the Bible.

    There is an excellent book called The Chalice and the Blade which exemplifies the point I've been trying to make about the male dominator societal structure that was in place at the time the Bible was written; proving that the ideas of the hierarchical order of the male over female were already in place at that time, and just continued on with the male authors of the Bible. The one big thing that changed with the formation of the Bible was the change from belief in a pantheon of gods to one god, and that god is the male warrior god, Yahweh.

    Rose

    P.S.
    I wish someone could have a rational discourse with me, and give me some solid objections as to why my statements are in error.
    Excellent post Rose. Anyone reading can see that you are presenting your point with grace, clarity, and complete rationality. It is particularly ironic that it is a woman who is showing the men what true rationality is, given the long standing male bias that caricatures all women as irrational and driven by emotion.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Excellent post Rose. Anyone reading can see that you are presenting your point with grace, clarity, and complete rationality. It is particularly ironic that it is a woman who is showing the men what true rationality is, given the long standing male bias that caricatures all women as irrational and driven by emotion.
    Bull crap Richard and you know it! I have repeatedly shown that men and women are equal under God's new covenant and Rose just ignores it. And when I rebuke her for not listening it is my male ego rearing its ugly head. That is clearly a SEXIST statement! I have made no reference to her feminity at all. Neither have I made a "caricature" of women.

    You two are simply not open minded. It's clear.



    KJ
    Last edited by Kangaroo Jack; 06-06-2011 at 09:50 AM.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Jack View Post
    The the new covenant God who lives and works in me does not know the male dominance you speak about.

    Richard banned the male sexist here. The only sexist remaining here is a female, namely, YOU! That's right! You come across as a SEXIST plain and simple! What the hell do you think you are accomplishing anyway?


    KJ
    What I am trying to accomplish has been overlooked by you in every post I've written. The Bible was written by men with a bias against the woman, that is abundantly clear in the Old Testament, and prominent in the New Testament, as is shown by many of Paul's statements in his Epistles. That proves it is a book authored by men and not the word of God.

    I totally agree that women under the NC have a much better standing than they did under the OC, but it still points to the fact that THE NEW COVENANT RELIGIOUS SYSTEM WAS WRITTEN AND CONTROLLED BY MEN.

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    333
    Rose said:
    I totally agree that women under the NC have a much better standing than they did under the OC, but it still points to the fact that THE NEW COVENANT RELIGIOUS SYSTEM WAS WRITTEN AND CONTROLLED BY MEN.
    So freakin what!!! Men came to see and then wrote that women are now equal and you got a problem with that? Shouldn't you be rejoicing? Does not your failure to rejoice reveal that you have lost all objectivity?

    Your complaints are sexist and therefore not valid! Not to mention that you commit the ad hominen fallacy which says that a proposition must be false or unacceptable because certain persons said it.

    I rebuked you as a creature who replies against God and not as a woman. You can't even see that.

    KJ

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Jack View Post
    Bull crap Richard and you know it! I have repeatedly shown that men and women are equal under God's new covenant and Rose just ignores it. And when I rebuke her for not listening it is my male ego rearing its ugly head. That is clearly a SEXIST statement! I have made no reference to her feminity at all. Neither have I made a "caricature" of women.

    You two are simply not open minded. It's clear.



    KJ
    I am quite open minded KJ. It seems that your perception is being clouded by your emotionalism. Rose NEVER has said or implied anything like "Screw you you male-dominated pig"! When she commented about your "male ego" it is was in the context of responding to your emotion-laden post that contained a blatantly false accusation and false caricature of her position.

    Now I know that you have CLAIMED that you "have repeatedly shown that men and women are equal under God's new covenant" but Rose ANSWERED and REFUTED your argument with quotes from the Bible. You may not agree with her interpretation of those apparently sexist NT passages, but you cannot say she didn't answer with rationality. So your accusation that we are "not open minded" is FALSE. How many false accusations are you going to put into this thread?

    Now I am very curious about one thing. You seem to have a unique interpretation of the Bible that I have never seen combined in any single individual before. So please, have a little understanding for folks who can't "get" what you are trying to say. Here is what I think you believe. Please correct me if I am wrong:

    1. You are a Full Preterist
    2. You believe the Dispensational Futurist doctrine that only Paul's letters apply to modern Christians.
    3. You believe that God changes over time and learns by trial and error, which is contrary to the fundamental teachings of probably all "orthodox" Christians.

    So let me repeat the question I asked yesterday. Is there any Christian group with which you could agree on these three points, or is your combination of these three beliefs utterly unique to you and you alone?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Jack View Post
    Rose said:
    So freakin what!!! Men came to see and then wrote that women are now equal and you got a problem with that? Shouldn't you be rejoicing? Does not your failure to rejoice reveal that you have lost all objectivity?
    How can you be so dense? The freaking POINT is that Rose has given evidence the Bible is NOT the Word of God!

    You really can't see that as significant? Are you therefore DENYING that the Bible is the Word of God? Is that you position?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Jack View Post
    I rebuked you as a creature who replies against God and not as a woman. You can't even see that.
    No you did not! Rose was not "replying against God." She simply gave evidence that indicates the Bible is NOT the Word of God.

    You really need to calm down so that you can understand her point. It's been repeated a dozen times or more. Do you understand it now?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Jack View Post
    Rose said:
    So freakin what!!! Men came to see and then wrote that women are now equal and you got a problem with that? Shouldn't you be rejoicing? Does not your failure to rejoice reveal that you have lost all objectivity?

    Your complaints are sexist and therefore not valid! Not to mention that you commit the ad hominen fallacy which says that a proposition must be false or unacceptable because certain persons said it.

    I rebuked you as a creature who replies against God and not as a woman. You can't even see that.

    KJ
    Ahhhh! I can FINALLY understand how the women could take their knitting to the guiottine!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,163
    Well...this is quite ironic! TODAY is the anniversary of the WW2 Battle of MIDWAY , when the USS HAMAN..er...Hamman, was SUNK!!
    Drum roll anyone? 8:@)

    June 6th..or the 6/6 was D day too! (I can hear that door opening fer a show!)
    Last edited by kathryn; 06-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Sure, God may have the "right" to do as he wants with his own "pets" that he created, but he would not be called "kind" or "good" if he spent his days torturing them to death.

    If God is not morally accountable for his actions, then it is utterly meaningless to describe him as morally good or righteous. If what you say is true, then you have simply admitted that God is (or was) a moral monster.
    Have you heard of mercy killing? People will kill their pet dogs rather than see them suffering if they have an incurable disease or injury. Is this moral or immoral? Likewise, I believe God had those evil men killed in the OT to prevent them from getting more evil and affecting the righteous. Perhaps, it is easier to forgive evil persons than to forgive very very evil persons. It grieved God when He ordered the killings of evil people. Will an immoral monster grieved greatly and repented for doing so? That's exactly how God felt when He planned to destroy His evil creatures in the Great Flood:

    Genesis 6:5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

    6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

    7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.


    Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    What I am trying to accomplish has been overlooked by you in every post I've written. The Bible was written by men with a bias against the woman, that is abundantly clear in the Old Testament, and prominent in the New Testament, as is shown by many of Paul's statements in his Epistles. That proves it is a book authored by men and not the word of God.

    I totally agree that women under the NC have a much better standing than they did under the OC, but it still points to the fact that THE NEW COVENANT RELIGIOUS SYSTEM WAS WRITTEN AND CONTROLLED BY MEN.

    Rose
    If the Bible was written by male-egoistic men why would they want to condemn men as well as well as women such as cursing men also, killing of all men except virgins, destroying all males and females in the Great Flood, allowing Adam to listen to Eve, portraying many men as evil and homosexuals, circumcision of males and not the females?

    From a men's point of view, if sexual pleasure was the mens' goal, why would they killed all men and women and children and keeping all the virgin women; they would instead keep all men, women, children young or old for sexual pleasures. The Midianite virgins were obviously kept as wives so that God's righteous people will not be extinct. Is this moral or immoral? In ancient times, men were allowed many wives for the purpose of procreation. Rapes in ancient times I believe was rampant or at least more culturally acceptable if it was done for the purpose of procreation.

    I know Rose will be up in arms!

    Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •