Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul's Vision

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paul's Vision

Has anybody ever wondered why the life-changing vision Paul received on the road to Damascus didn’t happen at an earlier point in time? It would have saved many lives that were slaughtered because of his zeal against the new-born Church. Since God choose to directly interfere in Paul life….which changed its course, he could have just as easily interfered a bit sooner, thus saving many innocent men - like Stephen.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Has anybody ever wondered why the life-changing vision Paul received on the road to Damascus didn’t happen at an earlier point in time? It would have saved many lives that were slaughtered because of his zeal against the new-born Church. Since God choose to directly interfere in Paul life….which changed its course, he could have just as easily interfered a bit sooner, thus saving many innocent men - like Stephen.

Rose
    I think it is because "God" puts a very high value on "martyrs." If he intervened too soon, he wouldn't get any. I don't know why the Almighty is so enraptured with bloody murder, but as it turns out, people killing people saturates his Holy Word which begins and ends with world-wide blood-baths (e.g. the Flood in Genesis and the "Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Revelation). And the pages in between? They are filled with people killing people, and God killing people, and in the New Testament we have the apotheosis of murder-worship with people killing God! What a bloody mess ....
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I think it is because "God" puts a very high value on "martyrs." If he intervened too soon, he wouldn't get any. I don't know why the Almighty is so enraptured with bloody murder, but as it turns out, people killing people saturates his Holy Word which begins and ends with world-wide blood-baths (e.g. the Flood in Genesis and the "Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Revelation). And the pages in between? They are filled with people killing people, and God killing people, and in the New Testament we have the apotheosis of murder-worship with people killing God! What a bloody mess ....
    It sure seems to hold that theme... through all the authors except the turn it makes in the N.T. ....then it straightens up to peace with what Yeshaua taught....some way very quickly the magic pen got lost and a wizard found it and starting scribing it and also discovered their was an eraser on the pen and then comes Jesus.....I really think that the words of Jesus are less tampered with and his words don't contradict that I can find..... Why tamper with Jesus words his 12 didn't understand them until the day of Pentecost.....Peter denies 3 times & runs and hides & they were hiding till he presented himself after His death......he he Guess now I am a red letter cat....oh the changes in this metamorphism . For whoever wants to save his life 55 will lose it, 56 but whoever loses his life for my sake and for the gospel will save it

One thing for sure it teaches you not to love your life in this world and seek refuge in Him in another world.
    Last edited by Charles Wade; 05-21-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wade View Post
    It sure seems to hold that theme... through all the authors except the turn it makes in the N.T. ....then it straightens up to peace with what Yeshaua taught....some way very quickly the magic pen got lost and a wizard found it and starting scribing it and also discovered their was an eraser on the pen and then comes Jesus.....I really think that the words of Jesus are less tampered with and his words don't contradict that I can find..... Why tamper with Jesus words his 12 didn't understand them until the day of Pentecost.....Peter denies 3 times & runs and hides & they were hiding till he presented himself after His death......he he Guess now I am a red letter cat....oh the changes in this metamorphism . For whoever wants to save his life 55 will lose it, 56 but whoever loses his life for my sake and for the gospel will save it

One thing for sure it teaches you not to love your life in this world and seek refuge in Him in another world.
    But I want to love this life I have been given to its fullest....to enjoy every moment I can and help others to do the same. Whatever comes after this life is inevitable for us all , but we only have a short time to create and live our dreams here.

All the Best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

What is the point of questioning everything God has done. He can do anything he wants to - He's God, almighty.

I don't understand all that God has done, but I accept it. He knows what He's doing.

Justice at the expense of the truth is not justice at all.

In the thought that Richard brings up about the blood of the innocent. I think that's apart of God's blood covenant. Even Jesus the Christ was to give his body and blood for the new covenant. Jesus likewise told his followers that they also would need to take up their own cross of death. As many did before seeing the son of man coming into his kingdom. I would also agree that martyr's are given a high place as noted by John in revelation.

As to the question about Saul's conversion. I would think first and foremost that God was dealing with him, but he took it upon himself to persecute the followers of Christ for not obeying and turning away from the Torah. It wasn't until God caused Saul to see what he was actually doing by persecuting the christians. In this Saul is then called Paul and called to go to the Gentiles. It seems if satan was using Saul to accuse the brethren before God.

Quote Originally Posted by Didymus View Post
    What is the point of questioning everything God has done. He can do anything he wants to - He's God, almighty.

I don't understand all that God has done, but I accept it. He knows what He's doing.

Hi Didy,

Rose just wants to stir the pot a lot. She appears to be a faithless person contrary to Job who said, "Though he slay me yet will I trust him."

KJ

Thread Information