Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 160
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    So, we know this idea surely didn't originate with the Jews because its been around long before the Jews became a race. This issue brings up so many problems....for one, what was Jesus doing promoting a myth of a pagan god when the whole reason for most of the problems with the Jews in the Old Testament was their following after pagan gods? QUESTIONS, Questions, questions?????

    Blessings,
    Rose

    Israel became a race in the garden of Eden. You are gravely mistaken on this Rose.


    .

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Leviathan is another example of mythology in the Bible.

    And the "seven-headed dragon" rising out of the sea? Ancient Mesopotamian mythology from the 3rd millennium BCE! Check this wiki article, and these excepts from the Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible. For example:
    A seven-headed serpent (mus-sag-imin) partly overcome by an anthropomorphic hero or god is attested as early as the third mill. BCE in Mesopotamian iconography (H. FRANKFORT, Stratified Cylindedr Seals from hte Diyala Region [OIP 72, Chicago 1955] 37. pl. 47:497) and texts, but later survives in the textual records only, until he reappears in the Greek Hydra tradition from the 6th century on.
    A seven-headed serpent? DOES THAT RING ANY BELLS? It's just the Greek myth of the Hydra! Which usually had seven or nine heads.



    Now let's reflect on this.

    Christians reject "mythology" OUT OF HAND as obviously false! Yet they accept the Bible, which is filled with the very mythology they reject in every other context.

    My mind is numb. How could I have been so blind for so long?
    These things must be taken from the Zodiacs. Though I personaly have noe understanding how to read stars and personify constellations (I don't know how they do it) but they do have the Hydra, Hercules, Hermes (Her mes is actually son of Ham. Ham is Her according to Alexader Hyslop's The Two Babylons), Leo (the Lion of Judah). So I think the Greeks had their mythology derived from this and the Hebrews and Jews had their revelations from this.

    Revelation 12

    1
    And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

    2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

    3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

    4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

    5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

    Revelation 12, the Virgo and Hydra Constellations
    December 18, 2010 8:37

    In Revelation Chapter 12 we read of a 'great wonder in the heaven'. It describes a 'woman' clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of 12 stars. We also read of 'another wonder in heaven'; a great red dragon having seven heads. People familiar with ancient astronomy will recognize the 12 stars as the zodiac signs and the seven heads as the seven classical planetary spheres.

    If you look at a sky chart, you will see that the Virgo stands right next to the Hydra constellation in the sky (the heaven).


    These are the two largest constellations in the sky, and the Hydra is 90 degrees long. Remember that the text reads 'his tail drew down the third part of the stars in heaven' (meaning that he was BIG).

    We are told that people that were outside a lot at night looked at the sky and devised names for stars that appear to be grouped together, then made up stories to fit what they saw. But looking at the length of the Hydra constellation, you can see that is NOT what happened with it. There is no 'grouping logic' to naming a constellation 90 degrees long which runs right beside several other constellations.

    It appears that the story came first, and that IT was then projected onto the sky; not the other way around. If you ever studied hyrdas in a science class, you will know that they are water animals that you can cut inhalf any way you like, and that each half will regenerate its other half again. A plant form of this is the weeping willow tree. You can cut a willow branch off, and put either end in the ground, and it will grow roots and thrive (with air, sunlight and water). They are virtually indestructible in the right environment, like an Aloe Vera plant. Any and all of these could be chosen to represent 'the force of life' itself.

    The Virgo is the New Testament human form of this symbol of the vessel of the life force, just as Eve is the Old Testament symbol of that. In Genesis 3:20 we read, "And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living".

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Israel became a race in the garden of Eden. You are gravely mistaken on this Rose.
    That just your opinion. You gave no facts to support it, and that's because there are no facts to support it.

    When are you going to learn that "Just saying so won't make it so?"

    Is this all you have to offer? A mountain of unsupported, irrational, and unbiblical opinions?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That just your opinion. You gave no facts to support it, and that's because there are no facts to support it.

    When are you going to learn that "Just saying so won't make it so?"

    Is this all you have to offer? A mountain of unsupported, irrational, and unbiblical opinions?
    Relax Richard. Some people have no intention of learning. They just want to disturb others.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Israel became a race in the garden of Eden. You are gravely mistaken on this Rose.


    .
    Actually Whirlwind, you are mistaken. The Jews started with their father Abraham, and became a race with Jacob's (Israel) 12 sons.
    Gen.48:8-10 And Israel beheld Joseph's sons, and said, Who are these? And Joseph said unto his father, They are my sons, whom God hath given me in this place. And he said, Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them. Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them.

    Gen.49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
    The Bible calls Adam and Eve the first humans, which are the ancestors of us all.

    Blessings,
    Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 02-17-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Relax Richard. Some people have no intention of learning. They just want to disturb others.
    Good point.

    But truly, I am feeling pretty relaxed. Indeed, I am usually laughing out loud when I answer Judi's lunatic ravings. I will simply ban her when she out-lives her purpose as a terrible example of what happens to folks who allow their religious delusions to take over their minds. I think she knows this, and that's why she keeps amplifying her delusions - a kind of "job security" here on the forum so I don't ban her. I mean. she's now raving about Joe and I being "servants of Satan" because she can not refute a single argument we have presented!



    There was a time I thought we could reason with her, but the more she writes, the more convinced I am that she is utterly and totally immune to all logic, common sense, or rationality. And so she may be coming to the end of her usefulness after all.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Actually Whirlwind, you are mistaken. The Jews started with their father Abraham, and became a race with Jacob's (Israel) 12 sons.
    Gen.48:8-10 And Israel beheld Joseph's sons, and said, Who are these? And Joseph said unto his father, They are my sons, whom God hath given me in this place. And he said, Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them. Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them.

    Gen.49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
    The Bible calls Adam and Eve the first humans, which are the ancestors of us all.

    Blessings,
    Rose

    Adam and Eve were the first in the line to Christ...not of mankind. All races didn't come from one man.

    The line of Christ is the family of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...father of the twelve tribes, one of which is Judah...the Jews. The others are not Jews.


    .

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    That is a very offensive statement.


    Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

    Psalm 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of Me,


    .
    Some how I don't think we are of the same understanding, this thread is formed because of the amount of Greek mythology found with in our holy bibles. That is what I meant that I would then rather study the bible itself rather that spend hours studying the Greek myths. That a deep breath my friend.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Some how I don't think we are of the same understanding, this thread is formed because of the amount of Greek mythology found with in our holy bibles. That is what I meant that I would then rather study the bible itself rather that spend hours studying the Greek myths. That a deep breath my friend.

    I have taken a deep breath and do apologize. I misread your reply. It appeared to me that you were agreeing that the Bible was filled with mythology which would mean it was not truth. And...truth it is.


    .

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Good point.

    But truly, I am feeling pretty relaxed. Indeed, I am usually laughing out loud when I answer Judi's lunatic ravings. I will simply ban her when she out-lives her purpose as a terrible example of what happens to folks who allow their religious delusions to take over their minds. I think she knows this, and that's why she keeps amplifying her delusions - a kind of "job security" here on the forum so I don't ban her. I mean. she's now raving about Joe and I being "servants of Satan" because she can not refute a single argument we have presented!


    Did I rave about Joe being a servant of Satan? Again I ask you Richard...please quote the accusation.




    There was a time I thought we could reason with her, but the more she writes, the more convinced I am that she is utterly and totally immune to all logic, common sense, or rationality. And so she may be coming to the end of her usefulness after all.


    I am here for a reason. There is someone I am to reach, a seed I am to sow. When that has happened, if not already, then my testimony will be finished. God will decide to allow you to ban me (overcome and kill).


    John 17:20-21 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent Me.


    Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.




    .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •