Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Ha! That's hilarious Cheow.

Your doubt about the Bible Wheel is nothing new. As far as I know (from years of reading your posts), you never thought it was inspired.

And you seem to have missed my fundamental point. The Bible Wheel and Preterism are the only two verifiable factual witnesses to the truth of the Bible! The fulfillment in 70 AD is the only provable prophecy, and the Bible Wheel is the only proof of divine design of the whole book.

This is very ironic. Almost all Christians reject or are ignorant of the only two things that personally give me reason to think there is something to the Bible.

And your comment about whom God would use is false. There is no reason God would not use an unbeliever to accomplish whatever he wants. But your opinion is wrong anyway because I was a very fundamentalist Christian believer when I wrote the Bible Wheel book, as you can see in my former statement of faith.

You are absolutely correct that "prayer is a hallmark of a Christian." Unfortunately, that has very bad implications when we realize that God does not, as a general rule, answer prayers. I explained this in the post just before yours in answer to gilgal:

Your explanation about why God usually doesn't answer prayer only confirms my point that God usually doesn't answer prayer. But please note that I admit he may have answered some prayers.

Now the use of prayer as a "an expression of our love and concern for fellow Christians and non-Christians" is not the kind of prayer I am talking about. Unbelievers who never pray say things like "our thoughts and prayers are with you" when someone is suffering. It's just a way of talking. It has nothing to do with the question of whether or not God really answers prayers.

Thanks for your prayers Cheow, but I would really like to know precisely what you are praying for. Please be specific. Are you praying that I will start to believe that God really does answer a significant number of prayers? Are you praying that I will quit questioning the truth of the Bible? Are you praying I will quit questioning the traditional concepts of God? What exactly are you praying for?

All the best,

Richard
    I am obviously praying that you would not give up Christianity, that would be the biggest mistake you have made in your life. To constantly question the truth of the Bible is the same as doubting the Words of God and that will eventually lead you to reject the Words of God. That is also why I presented the Lord's prayer which is a tool designed to prevent one from falling into temptations and the evil one. Say the Lord's prayer everyday and you will soon find yourself rejuvenated with a faith lift. I believe you are now living like in the church of Ephesus who have lost their first love -- the love of God.

1TO THE angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Ephesus write: These are the words of Him Who holds the seven stars [which are the messengers of the seven churches] in His right hand, Who goes about among the seven golden lampstands [which are the seven churches]:
    2I know your industry and activities, laborious toil and trouble, and your patient endurance, and how you cannot tolerate wicked [men] and have tested and critically appraised those who call [themselves] apostles (special messengers of Christ) and yet are not, and have found them to be impostors and liars.

3I know you are enduring patiently and are bearing up for My name's sake, and you have not fainted or become exhausted or grown weary.

4But I have this [one charge to make] against you: that you have left (abandoned) the love that you had at first [you have deserted Me, your first love].

5Remember then from what heights you have fallen. Repent (change the inner man to meet God's will) and do the works you did previously [when first you knew the Lord], or else I will visit you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you change your mind and repent.

6Yet you have this [in your favor and to your credit]: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans [what they are doing as corrupters of the people], which I Myself also detest.

7He who is able to hear, let him listen to and give heed to what the Spirit says to the assemblies (churches). To him who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant to eat [of the fruit] of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.(A)

Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I am obviously praying that you would not give up Christianity, that would be the biggest mistake you have made in your life. To constantly question the truth of the Bible is the same as doubting the Words of God and that will eventually lead you to reject the Words of God. That is also why I presented the Lord's prayer which is a tool designed to prevent one from falling into temptations and the evil one. Say the Lord's prayer everyday and you will soon find yourself rejuvenated with a faith lift. I believe you are now living like in the church of Ephesus who have lost their first love -- the love of God.
    Hey there Cheow,

I understand your concern. But there must be "something" for me to "not give up" and that "something" does not seem to exist.

How can I not give it up if it doesn't exist?

The spell is broken Cheow. It's like what happens when a bubble pops.

The fact that no one can have genuine confidence that God will answer a prayer to heal their sick child, to find a mate, to feed a starving person, or to do anything in REALITY no matter how desperately it is needed carries the "unfortunate" implication that we can not trust God to answer our prayer for spiritual salvation in Jesus. If God refuses to respond to our real and desperate needs in the physical world, why should we believe he answers us in the invisible spiritual world where nothing can be verified?

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Does God answer prayers?

Unless I misunderstood you RAM, on your stand on this issue, my answer is yes. In my experience prayer binds us together. It exalts the lowly or humble and casts down the proud and arrogant. Take the prophet Daniel for example.

He wasn't a David that God would promise him an offspring. As far as I know he was a eunuch.

He wasn't as Paul to be thrown in the sea by a storm on his way to Rome with a promise that he would stand before Caesar.

But he still had an influence in a Gentile environment around several Kings.

God knows even before we asks things but he still encourages us to pray that we don't lose hope in him.

And not just prayer...diligent prayer. To pursue after rather than be half hearted if you're asking for a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Unless I misunderstood you RAM, on your stand on this issue, my answer is yes. In my experience prayer binds us together. It exalts the lowly or humble and casts down the proud and arrogant. Take the prophet Daniel for example.

He wasn't a David that God would promise him an offspring. As far as I know he was a eunuch.

He wasn't as Paul to be thrown in the sea by a storm on his way to Rome with a promise that he would stand before Caesar.

But he still had an influence in a Gentile environment around several Kings.

God knows even before we asks things but he still encourages us to pray that we don't lose hope in him.

And not just prayer...diligent prayer. To pursue after rather than be half hearted if you're asking for a good thing.
    It sounds like you are thinking of prayer as a means of character development. That's cool. But I was talking about prayer in the sense of requesting that God do things to help us, like healing our diseases, supplying the necessities of life like food, shelter, and safety from enemies. You know, the kinds of things the Bible tells us to pray for, but which God almost never answers.

That was my point. If we admit the truth, we know that God does not, in general, answer our prayers. I know because there have been hard times in my life when I begged God for help and I ended up just having to help my self or suffer through things. I can not honestly say that life for Christians is any different than life for anyone else. In other words, there is no evidence for God in peoples lives. No evidence of consistent answers to prayers. And that's the problem - all Christians probably have a good number, say ten or twenty or even a hundred "answered" prayers. That sounds impressive until you take the ratio of the unanswered prayers to those answered. I believe you will find the ratio something like a million to one.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It sounds like you are thinking of prayer as a means of character development. That's cool. But I was talking about prayer in the sense of requesting that God do things to help us, like healing our diseases, supplying the necessities of life like food, shelter, and safety from enemies. You know, the kinds of things the Bible tells us to pray for, but which God almost never answers.

That was my point. If we admit the truth, we know that God does not, in general, answer our prayers. I know because there have been hard times in my life when I begged God for help and I ended up just having to help my self or suffer through things. I can not honestly say that life for Christians is any different than life for anyone else. In other words, there is no evidence for God in peoples lives. No evidence of consistent answers to prayers. And that's the problem - all Christians probably have a good number, say ten or twenty or even a hundred "answered" prayers. That sounds impressive until you take the ratio of the unanswered prayers to those answered. I believe you will find the ratio something like a million to one.
    I find that Christians fall in a dilemma. There HAVE been persecutions in the past simply because people go by the name "Christian" maybe their life shows it or not, but Smyrna's church wasn't saved from a persecution but rather the encouragement to be faithful unto death to receive the crown of life.

Often among bible studies some are tempted to think that the ones who fell in persecutions throughout the centuries was simply because they weren't faithful enough to God. Had they been faithful they might have been able to sense something is wrong and flee from a coming persecution.

As for financial problems, Revelation 6's 3rd Horseman and the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24, Mark 16 and Luke 21) showed that famines are coming. But when a famine came in Jerusalem in Acts 13 (I think) the church in Antioch sent relief to Jerusalem. But in our time we try to stay away from establishments to guard ourselves from false doctrines and oppressions. But I am also reminded of the book of Judges that God didn't deliver the Amorites and others in the hands of Israel right away. People are not able to save themselves from financial problems right away. Also if you look around you everything is more expensive. You are charged for things which were free before. More taxes, more this more that. Cops stop you for not buckling up. They give you tickets for not stopping at the Stop sign properly. Cops are not here to stop criminals but to oppress you.

Of course you can't get out of debt!!!

Everyone has a choice. (Some) Christians choose to adhere to a faith which provides them with no methodology whereby to achieve self knowledge, consciousness, or real connection with the Christ or God.

(Some) Christians choose to believe their parents and priests, rather than explore the various interpretations of the bible for themselves. They choose blind faith and blind belief as their answer for everything. Deep down these people live in darkness and fear. Confronted with the numerous paradoxes and anomalies that a literal interpretation of the bible causes within them, they suppress their doubt with ever more fervent forms of denial.

This is obvious when having a discussion with the orthodox or fanatics of any religion. They tend to only have a few answers for every question, and none of them explain anything or make any sense. Furthermore, none of these people exemplify the principles embodied in their religion, but are typically filled with hate, fear, malice, denial, and so forth.

These people believe that there are no answers, or that the answers are not for us to know. They believe that self knowledge is not a virtue, nor is the pursuit of wisdom possible for us, nor is the vision of god accessible to us. Thus they themselves cut themselves off from these possibilities through their blind belief and refusal to open their minds.

The primary reason why Christianity in general is being rejected more and more is because people are realizing it does not offer a way to spiritually connect and develop. Christ himself developed in such a way, and taught his disciples how to also develop in these ways. Christ himself would want nothing more than for all his followers to seek him through those ways- but his followers reject those ways (which Christ himself learned and taught) as essentially Evil or useless.

There are two primary ways to interpret the Bible which lead to spiritual growth and insight, one is Kabbalah, the other is Gnosticism. Christian Kabbalah blends with Christian Alchemy, but they too are valid interpretations of the Bible.

Christianity in its modern form is an empty shell (devoid of spiritual Light, which is to say, the proper interpretation of the text and the practices which accompany it), and those who follow that path to its end are, like a shell, almost always left feeling empty and without God.

If this were not the case, so many would not turn away from it.
    If this were not the case, more Christians would be virtuous.
    If this were not the case, more Christian families would be cohesive, close- rather than dysfunctional and divorced.
    If this were not the case, so many Priests would not have fallen not merely into Lust, but very dark and twisted forms of Lust at that.
    The list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Gematria View Post
    (Some) Christians choose to believe their parents and priests, rather than explore the various interpretations of the bible for themselves. They choose blind faith and blind belief as their answer for everything. Deep down these people live in darkness and fear. Confronted with the numerous paradoxes and anomalies that a literal interpretation of the bible causes within them, they suppress their doubt with ever more fervent forms of denial.
    Judas Iscariot trusted in the priests and hung himself. Peter trusted in God and Jesus Christ and was forgiven when he denied Jesus Christ.

Everyone has a choice. (Some) Christians choose to adhere to a faith which provides them with no methodology whereby to achieve self knowledge, consciousness, or real connection with the Christ or God.

This is obvious when having a discussion with the orthodox or fanatics of any religion. They tend to only have a few answers for every question, and none of them explain anything or make any sense. Furthermore, none of these people exemplify the principles embodied in their religion, but are typically filled with hate, fear, malice, denial, and so forth.

These people believe that there are no answers, or that the answers are not for us to know. They believe that self knowledge is not a virtue, nor is the pursuit of wisdom possible for us, nor is the vision of god accessible to us. Thus they themselves cut themselves off from these possibilities through their blind belief and refusal to open their minds.

The primary reason why Christianity in general is being rejected more and more is because people are realizing it does not offer a way to spiritually connect and develop. Christ himself developed in such a way, and taught his disciples how to also develop in these ways. Christ himself would want nothing more than for all his followers to seek him through those ways- but his followers reject those ways (which Christ himself learned and taught) as essentially Evil or useless.

There are two primary ways to interpret the Bible which lead to spiritual growth and insight, one is Kabbalah, the other is Gnosticism. Christian Kabbalah blends with Christian Alchemy, but they too are valid interpretations of the Bible.

Christianity in its modern form is an empty shell (devoid of spiritual Light, which is to say, the proper interpretation of the text and the practices which accompany it), and those who follow that path to its end are, like a shell, almost always left feeling empty and without God.

If this were not the case, more Christian families would be cohesive, close- rather than dysfunctional and divorced.
    If this were not the case, so many Priests would not have fallen not merely into Lust, but very dark and twisted forms of Lust at that.
    The list goes on...
    Very well stated.

Check out my blog site

The list goes on...
    More, and more I'm beginning to feel that the true purpose of the Bible is that of a guide....leading and drawing those who are looking into deeper understanding, by compelling us to search out those things that seem to conflict with our sense of reason.

The literal words of the Bible were given in the language of those who lived in its various time periods, so the people of those times could understand....I don't believe it was intended for us now to try and literally follow those words, but rather to use those words to inspire our minds to reach greater heights of knowledge.

Don't let the Bible be a cage that keeps you in bondage, but rather burst forth from its cocoon like the butterfly, and freely soar into the heavens.

Blessings,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Response from Khouse on Torah Code

I received this email about a week ago and thought I would post it here in response to my findings on the TORH/YHVH Code in the Torah.

Dear [why1942],

Thank you for your email. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with the Numbers ELS sequence, but many do stumble on the Deuteronomy, due to a couple anomolies with it that are "explained away" by the Rabbis. This is from Chuck's book, Cosmic Codes:

There are actually two ostensible discrepancies regarding the patterns of Deuteronomy in the Torah, as footnoted in my book, Cosmic Codes – Hidden Messages From the Edge of Eternity.

While the pattern in each of the other three (excepting Leviticus) begin with the first tau, in Deuteronomy it begins with the 5th verse. Also, the interval is reduced from 50 to 49. The rabbinical authorities have various rationales for this deviation.

1) The Hebrew sage Villa Gaon wrote in Aderet Eliyahu that Deuteronomy actually starts from the 5th verse, while the first 4 verses correspond to the first four books.

2) Furthermore, the 5th verse opens, 'On this side Jordan, in the land of Moab, began Moses to declare this law, saying…' It is claimed that Moshe Rabbenu (Moses our Teacher) was given 49 out of the 50 gates of wisdom. Since the subsequent exposition of the Torah is given from the mouth of Moshe, the interval is 49 rather than 50.

Excerpted from an article by Daniel Michelson, 'Codes in the Torah,' B’or Ha’Torah, No. 6, 1987, published by SHAMIR, the Association of Religious Professionals from the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe in Israel, Jerusalem, Israel.

Hopefully this will help. As in everything, let the Holy Spirit confirm this in your heart...don't take Chuck's word for it and if it's too far of a reach, then toss it--the Bible surely has enough in it to defend itself without the TORH/YHVH code.

Blessings,

--
    General Questions
    questions@khouse.org
    K-House

Thread Information