Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ready for 2011

Not from this world...from the other side
    The end of September seems to end with typhoons that created havoc with flooding and destruction and some death in Philippines and China and Vietnam and with thousands evacuated and a million people affected. I intend to summarize the disasters of 2010 and compare to 2011 by months soon and see if we can see a pattern. BTW pray for those affected by the typhoons. September 2011 is the month of the hurricane and typhoon disasters.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16080660

May God blessed those who suffered with Grace. Amen
    Last edited by CWH; 10-01-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Disasters in 2010 and 2011

Comparing major disasters of 2010 with 2011 to see if there is a trend:

Jan - Earthquake in Fiji and Haiti, cold spell in Europe and China
    Feb - tsunami/earthquake in Chile
    Mar - Cyclone and storm surges in Fiji
    Apr - earthquake and drought in China, Flood in Brazil, cycone in India and Bangladesh
    May - Flood in Europe, cyclone in India and Bangladesh, oil spill in USA
    Jun - heatwave in India, locust plague in Australia, flood ni China and Brazil
    Jul - landslide in China, Flood in Pakistan
    Aug - heatwave in Russia flood in China, Pakistan, Europe
    Sep - earthquake in New Zealand, cyclone in China and Philippines
    Oct - storm surge in Myanmar, tsunami/earthquake in Indonesia
    Nov - Volcano eruption in Indonesia
    Dec - Cold snap in Europe, landslide in Columbia

Jan - Snowstorm in Japan, Flood in Australia
    Feb - Cyclone in Australia, Flood in Sri Lanka, snow storm in USA earthquake in New Zealand, Drought in China
    Mar - tsunami/earthquake in Japan, earthquake in Myanmar
    Apr - tornadoes in USA, wildfire and drought in Texas USA
    May - Floods in USA, Drought in Texas USA
    Jun - Drought in Texas USA, wildfire in Arizona, Floods in USA
    Jul - Heatwave in USA
    Aug - Hurricane in USA and Asia
    Sep - Typhoon in Phiippines, China
    Oct -
    Nov -
    Dec -

From what I have gathered, the monthly disasters in 2010 and 2011 are quite close.
    Cold spell, snowstorm, flood seems to happen around beginning of the year. Earthquake/tsunami seems to happen around the beginning 3 months of the year.
    Cyclones, droughts and floods around April, May and June.
    Heatwave, flood in June and July,
    Typhoon and hurricane in August and September.
    I predict a possible major earthquake, flood and volcano eruption in October and November 2011. Storm surges and cold snaps in November and December 2011.

May God Bless 2011. Amen.
    Seek and You shall find,

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Comparing major disasters of 2010 with 2011 to see if there is a trend:

Apr - earthquake and drought in China, Flood in Brazil, cycone in India and Bangladesh

Feb - Cyclone in Australia, Flood in Sri Lanka, snow storm in USA earthquake in New Zealand, Drought in China
    Jul - Heatwave in USA
    Oct -
    Nov -
    Dec -

From what I have gathered, the monthly disasters in 2010 and 2011 are quite close.
    Cold spell, snowstorm, flood seems to happen around beginning of the year. Earthquake/tsunami seems to happen around the beginning 3 months of the year.
    Cyclones, droughts and floods around April, May and June.
    Heatwave, flood in June and July,
    Typhoon and hurricane in August and September.
    I predict a possible major earthquake, flood and volcano eruption in October and November 2011. Storm surges and cold snaps in November and December 2011.

May God Bless 2011. Amen.
    You see a "trend?" What are you talking about? I am stunned that you think you see "trends" in random events like weather and earthquakes. Did you read your tea leaves this morning? Did they form any interesting patterns that helped you predict the future?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    You see a "trend?" What are you talking about? I am stunned that you think you see "trends" in random events like weather and earthquakes. Did you read your tea leaves this morning? Did they form any interesting patterns that helped you predict the future?
    You need to see the 3 monthly comparisons between 2010 and 2011 in order to see the trends.

October disaster of 2011 seems to be the huge floods of Thailand Cambodia and Philippines that killed more than 500 people. such floods will cause a rise in food prices especially rice.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ratt-says.html

Jul - Heatwave in USA

Oct - Floods and rain storms in Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines
    Nov -
    Dec -

Expect earthquake or Volcano eruption, cold snap within this last 3 months of 2011.

May God bless 2011. Amen.
    Last edited by CWH; 10-12-2011 at 04:38 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Expect .... cold snap within this last 3 months of 2011.
    We might have a cold snap in December?

We must have a prophet in our midst!
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

We might have a cold snap in December?

We must have a prophet in our midst!
    The prophet is proclaimed from your mouth and not from my mouth. Funny, God didn't tell me I am His prophet; did God told you I am His prophet? Please let us know.

Looks like every person who makes predictions must be a prophet to someone....meteorologists, economists, statisticians, politicians, investors, epidemiologists, astronomers, gamblers etc.

Predicting and forecasting are not exact science, errors may happen.

May the God made us His prophets. Amen.
    Seek and You shall find,

The prophet is proclaimed from your mouth and not from my mouth. Funny, God didn't tell me I am His prophet; did God told you I am His prophet? Please let us know.

Looks like every person who makes predictions must be a prophet to someone....meteorologists, economists, statisticians, politicians, investors, epidemiologists, astronomers, gamblers etc.

Predicting and forecasting are not exact science, errors may happen.

May the God made us His prophets. Amen.
    You missed my point. I was making a joke. It doesn't take a prophet or a scientist say that we might expect a cold snap during December!

Check out my blog site

You need to see the 3 monthly comparisons between 2010 and 2011 in order to see the trends.

October disaster of 2011 seems to be the huge floods of Thailand Cambodia and Philippines that killed more than 500 people. such floods will cause a rise in food prices especially rice.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ratt-says.html

Jul - Heatwave in USA

Oct - Floods and rain storms in Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines
    Nov -
    Dec -

Expect earthquake or Volcano eruption, cold snap within this last 3 months of 2011.

You highlight the fact that floods happened in the spring of both 2010 and 2011 as if that meant something? Don't you know that floods typically happen in spring? Here is an answer to the question When do floods happen? posted on www.askkids.com:
    Floods often happen whenever there is a winter thaw, or in the spring when all the snow has melted and made it's way to the rivers, streams, and creeks. Spring is also a common flood season, because there is normally a lot of rain to add to the winter thaw.
    Weather events happen in seasonal cycles. This is common knowledge. For example, it gets cold in December in the northern hemisphere. For you to think that you are "predicting" anything beyond seasonal variations is just plain silly.

Check out my blog site

You missed my point. I was making a joke. It doesn't take a prophet or a scientist say that we might expect a cold snap during December!
    Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you are mocking me. I understand that some disasters are "normal" results of the seasons such as the hurricane season, monsoon season etc. But I am not interested in small disasters that occurs routinely, I am interested in disasters that caused major destructions. There are also other disasters that are not related to the seasons such as earthquakes and tsunamis and volcanic eruptions. There seems to be a trend when comparing the major disasters of 2010 and 2011 although not very convincing. Somehow, I feel that natural disasters are inter-related and hope to see some convincing trends. There are in fact some scientists who believe earthquakes are related to weather patterns.

2011 so far has been a year of major unprecedented natural disasters and I think 2012 will not be much different except with some man-made disasters such as a possible world recession or a mega-inflation or a major regional war or a major food crisis. And as I said, prediction is not an exact science and thus I could be wrong.

Seek and You shall find,

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you are mocking me. I understand that some disasters are "normal" results of the seasons such as the hurricane season, monsoon season etc. But I am not interested in small disasters that occurs routinely, I am interested in disasters that caused major destructions. There are also other disasters that are not related to the seasons such as earthquakes and tsunamis and volcanic eruptions. There seems to be a trend when comparing the major disasters of 2010 and 2011 although not very convincing. Somehow, I feel that natural disasters are inter-related and hope to see some convincing trends. There are in fact some scientists who believe earthquakes are related to weather patterns.

2011 so far has been a year of major unprecedented natural disasters and I think 2012 will not be much different except with some man-made disasters such as a possible world recession or a mega-inflation or a major regional war or a major food crisis. And as I said, prediction is not an exact science and thus I could be wrong.

Well, to be honest, I was mocking you by making that joke. I find your whole "chicken little - the sky is falling - it's the end of the world" obsession to be very much mock-worthy because it is absolutely unsupportable from the Bible and it misleads many simple-minded folks. And worse - you conclusions are based on faulty logic. I just don't understand why you would want to persist in patterns of thought that are demonstrably erroneous.

You emphasize all the negative possibilities while ignoring the positive. Don't you know that what "may" happen also "may not" happen? Your obsession with death and destruction is very unhealthy, and it seems to be the product of your interpretation of Christianity. Is that really what Christianity was intended to do? Give the world a hundred generations of people constantly afraid that the end is coming down in their own lifetimes? Is that what the Bible is really all about? Doom? Destruction? The end of the world? Think about it! Christians have been predicting the end since the beginning! Is that what Christ died for? To fill the world with worry warts?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information