Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: Ready for 2011

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That is not true Cheow. My comment had nothing to do with the fact that you disagreed with me. I never would call anyone "brainless" merely because they disagreed with me. On the contrary, I very much respect intelligent disagreement. I have no pretension of having all the answers. The problem is that your response was neither intelligent nor honest. You told a really stupid lie. In your prior post your wrote these false and absurd words:
    What good news you want to focus on? Look around you, things doesn't look good in the supposed 2,000 years of new heaven and the new earth which preterists claimed we are now living.
    You know Preterists do not claim the physical world we see when we "look around" is the New Heaven and New Earth. You know that's a LIE and you wrote it on purpose. That makes you a deliberate liar. And the lie was really stupid because anyone informed on this issue, like the folks reading this thread, can see through your lie in an instant. And you refused to admit the truth or repent of your sin which makes you an unrepentant deliberate liar! That's why I said you should be ashamed, and I stand by my words. You should be ashamed to write such false and absurd words, and even more ashamed to persist in such an obvious lie.
    And now you have doubled your lie - you have falsely accused me of mistreating people merely if they disagree with me.

    And worse still, you did not even respond to the actual words I wrote, let alone admit their truth! I explained that you had lied, but you ignored that and insulted me. You are looking like a person with gross mental and social disorders. You lie and insult and ignore the truth, and all the while you call yourself a Christian? How utterly pathetic!
    I don't consider it as a lie, just a mistaken belief that Preterists believed that we are physically living in a new heaven and a new earth but on second thought, what difference does it make if the belief is that now we are living a spiritually new heaven and a new earth? And with the social ills, wars and disasters going on? Anyway, I am used to being call a liar when I disagree with other people's doctrine in this forum..... don't worry, I don't usually used such word on people who disagree with me. BTW, we are all liars in our lives and fall short of the glory of God.... who did not lie? Calling people a liar is just a tactic in debates to thumb down the opponent's arguments.

    My goal? To be good and authentic person. It is absurd to waste your life pursing an "afterlife" of which you know nothing.
    To be a good and authentic person is not enough; Be a righteous person and strive to enter into the narrow gate of heaven. It is also absurd to wasted your life if the "afterlife" is real. Better be safe than be sorry; that's why people took up insurance....just in case......when you die and the moment you open your eyes and saw God asking you if you have taken life insurance with your faith and belief in Him.

    What if the Buddhists are right? Or the Atheists? Or the Muslims? Or the Catholics who say you need to be Catholic to get into heaven? You have no knowledge of what really happens. It is absurd to place you "hope" in something you don't even know is real.
    So what happens when you die? Life ends Full Stop.....gone forever. So let's enjoy as much as possible since we are here on earth with such a short time and not much purpose in life right? Wrong, our will on earth is to do the will of God and enters into the kingdom of heaven. It doesn't matter if you are Buddhist, Muslims, Catholics, Atheists or what, I believe God will forgive us if we did good and righteous in our lives. Same with Christians, no one can guarantee us a place in heaven unless we did the will of God the Father who is in heaven. Grace comes from God and I just cannot judge if this or that person goes to heaven or not. In fact, almost all religions taught there is an afterlife and encourages us to do good in our earthly life in order to enter heaven.

    And as for "hope" - yes, I have much hope for many things in this life. I hope I will continue to be healthy. I hope I will see my children grow and be good people. I hope I will continue to speak truth with ever greater clarity. But I do not have any "hope" in an afterlife because I don't know anything about that. And for that matter, I go to sleep and become unconscious each night and it doesn't bother me, so why should it bother me if I fell asleep forever? But let's say I do "wake up" in some "afterlife." Would it really be "me?" What defines "me" and why should "I" care if "I" continue in an afterlife? Just so I can "enjoy" things forever? What then, are you teaching hedonism? Are you saying that "pleasure" is the purpose of life both now and in the afterlife?
    I have expected your mundane answer. What if your hope in life and your children is dashed, say die to a world war? is there still hope in life? You sounds like the parable of the Rich Fool who only have selfish care less mundane thoughts:

    "The ground of a certain rich man brought forth abundantly. He reasoned within himself, saying, ‘What will I do, because I don’t have room to store my crops?’ He said, ‘This is what I will do. I will pull down my barns, and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. I will tell my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years. Take your ease, eat, drink, be merry."‘ "But God said to him, ‘You foolish one, tonight your soul is required of you. The things which you have prepared—whose will they be?’ So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

    What do you "hope" for the afterlife? What are you imagining will happen? It seems like you are expecting some sort of eternal "enjoyment." Is that it? Is that the purpose? Lot's of "bright lights and smiling people?" Big deal. That's just more of the same. What are you actually hoping for? Do you know?
    Don't you want eternal life and life fill with abundance a hundred fold and no sin or crimes and all hopes granted, seeing your children, grand children, great, great, great, great, great grand children grows something like what the patriarch in the OT who lived 900+ years? Or do you want to live in a life of sin on earth and then gone forever.

    And what do people do with Christianity? More wars, the Crusades, the Inquisition when they tortured people to death!
    That was the past with Christian extremists. We don't see such things currently except in some Muslim countries and in terrorists.

    Science is mostly positive whereas religion is mostly negative. Remember the famous truism penned by Steve Weinberg:
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”

    Your arguments are meaningless and would convince no one but those who want to believe regardless of truth and reality. It's sad that you don't realize this.
    Don't you know that Science is the study of God's creation? People learned from nature created by God such as magnetism, aerodynamics, astronomy, nuclear physics, chemistry, meteorology, mathematics etc. and call it science. Same with abuse of religion, science is not always good and can be abuse such as destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by atomic bombs, nuclear emission from Chernobyl and Fukushima power stations, killing by ever more efficient killing inventions such as bombs, guns etc. pollution and habitat destruction, global warming etc., all in the name of science and human progress. So what good are you talking about in the human applications of science. It is sad that people don't realized this.

    Also, you missed my point and didn't answer my question. My point was that God let's his own people die and doesn't answer their prayers. We humans have saved millions of lives that God would have let die. Therefore, the Bible is false when it tells us that God cares for us and that we should rely upon him for our welfare. I've explained this a million times but you simply refuse to understand because it proves your religion is false.
    You missed my point when I say that people will still die one way or another whether antibiotics or not, science or not. Therefore, it doesn't matter whether God answer prayers or not as the BIG PICTURE is upon death have we did our part to ensure that we can be accepted into the kingdom of heaven? You think God cares so much about how successful or rich we have become on earth? God cares that we did what we are supposed to do to enters into the kingdom of heaven by being righteous and doing His will. Earth is God's farmland for righteous souls for the kingdom of heaven. Read about the parables of the Tares and the weeds and the workers in the Vineyard for the Kingdom of heaven, The leaven, the Dragnet etc.

    http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/jpbl.html

    You know no such thing! You merely believe it. You have confused knowledge with belief.
    That is false. I don't have any believe (or disbelief) in an afterlife because I don't have sufficient knowledge. So once again, you mindlessly write falsehood. It's like you don't think about what you write at all. How truly pathetic.
    It's faith and belief and it's up to you. God will not force you to believe. As I said, better to be safe than sorry.

    My first love was truth. She and I are tight. My grip upon her is stronger than ever.
    What is Truth? Jesus said He is the Way, the Life and the Truth; that is Truth. Jesus is Truth and God is Love; you have lost your firsts love AND YOU ARE DECEIVED BY EARTHLY TRUTH.

    So tell me, what "faith" do you want me to "return" to? There is no single religion known as "Christianity." Just look at the discussions that we've had no this forum. The Christians don't agree about anything. Trinity yes or no? Futurism yes or no? Once saved always saved? Creation vs. Evolution? Predestination vs. Free Will? Calvinism vs. Arminianism vs total confusionism ... there's no end to it. There is nothing for me to "return" to.
    To use your words, have you no brain? and I have said a million times in this forum. Have you ever wonder why God don't explain to us plainly but instead use parables and symbolic language? The "confusion" is that God want us to really debate and knows Him and have faith in Him. Confusion leads to frustration and frustration leads to giving up your faith and that is what is happening to you now. Don't you know that God is testing us? where is your faith in believing in God and His promise despite all these frustrations? And if you really knew and love Him, you will persevere in your faith and you will sincerely trust and belief in Him and do His will. It doesn't matter at the end of the day, whether which religion or denomination is right or wrong, the Big picture is have we did the will of God and strive to enters into the narrow gate of the kingdom of heaven? It's like God giving us a Jig-saw puzzle with all the religions and denominations working together to eventually form the Big Picture in the understanding of God.

    May God Blessed us into the Kingdom of Heaven. Amen.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-28-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I don't consider it as a lie, just a mistaken belief that Preterists believed that we are physically living in a new heaven and a new earth but on second thought, what difference does it make if the belief is that now we are living a spiritually new heaven and a new earth? And with the social ills, wars and disasters going on?
    So you're saying that you simply made an honest mistake? And you want me to believe you? OK - I suppose I can do that. But I hope you understand the logical implications of your choice. You have been debating with Preterists on this forum for YEARS. I know, because I was one of them. And I know that we have explained the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth to you many times. Therefore, if it is true that you simply "made a mistake" then I have no option but to conclude that you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. Now if you think its better to appear to be stupid rather than a liar, then fine, I'll accept your assertion that you are an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Anyway, I am used to being call a liar when I disagree with other people's doctrine in this forum..... don't worry, I don't usually used such word on people who disagree with me.
    Whoops! There you go again - telling another outrageous lie. I did not call you a liar because you disagreed with me. I called you a liar because you stated a blatant falsehood about what Preterist believe, and the falsehood was so absurd that I considered it impossible to believe that you had simply "made an honest mistake" since you have been disputing Preterism with folks here on the forum for years. But you insist you did not know the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth, so if I am to believe you, I must conclude that you are a mindless moron. Oh well ... if that's what you insist! Have it your way. Liar or moron ... not much difference really.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    BTW, we are all liars in our lives and fall short of the glory of God.... who did not lie? Calling people a liar is just a tactic in debates to thumb down the opponent's arguments.
    Bullshit. I am nothing like you or other Christians like Ergun Caner and all the liars that covered up for him such as the leadership of Liberty University, the entire leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention, famous apologists like Norm Geisler and John Ankerberg, and many fundamentalist Christian ministries. Don't try to justify your lies by saying "everyone does it!" What a joke!

    And there you go again, falsely asserting that I am calling you a liar as a "debating tactic." That's bullshit! You have not presented anything worthy to be called an "argument" in a "debate." You've spewed mindless moronic crap that was as ignorant as it was false. You should really be ashamed of yourself.

    I'm done with this conversation. I've got better things to do with my time.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Beware of Hurricane Irene which is about to strike East Coast of USA in 2 or 3 days time affecting areas like New York and Washington. It may the disastrous storm in 50 years. I have been following monthly disasters worldwide and in the US expecting at least one disaster every month. And August 2011 have not much disasters to offer except the drought in Texas which is a spillover from July and it seems Hurricane Irene may be the last disaster to come before the end of August 2011 comes. There was a very rare 5.8 earthquake in eastern USA 2 days ago, and weather patterns and earthquakes seem to have some co-relation. Of course I may be wrong; just giving a warning as a precaution just as the weather experts say so:

    http://www.armageddononline.org/hurr...-new-york.html


    May God Bless the weather system in the US. Amen.
    Perfect Storm of Hype: Politicians, the media and the Hurricane Irene apocalypse that never was

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    The disaster for August 2011 is Hurricane Irene which damaged parts of Eastern USA and its smaller Pacific counterpart Namadol Typhoon which ravages Philippines and Taiwan. The cost of damages goes into several billion dollars and several million people will suffer lost of power, property damages and flooding for several days to come. Thank God, there were not much lost of lives; about 25 each so far.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Northeast.html

    The remnants of Irene reached Canada Monday after barreling through the northeastern United States where the storm claimed at least 18 lives and caused estimated economic damage of up to $7 billion.

    Millions of people were without power along the East Coast after the huge storm -- now downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone -- passed over the Big Apple and headed for Canada.

    The Miami-based National Hurricane Center warned late Sunday of "major river flooding occurring in parts of the northeast," after President Barack Obama cautioned that recovery efforts would last for "weeks or longer."

    "I want people to understand that this is not over," Obama said in a short statement in the White House Rose Garden.

    "I do want to underscore that the impacts of this storm will be felt for some time... Power may be out for days in some areas."

    The governor of Vermont, Peter Shumlin, said his state was in "tough shape" while New York state's Andrew Cuomo warned of "tremendous flooding" in the Catskill Mountain area north of Manhattan.

    In New Jersey, Governor Chris Christie said roads and rails were "impassable" in some areas, and much of the state had seen "significant flooding."

    Localized flooding occurred in the south and east of Manhattan, with more serious incidents in Brooklyn, where the famed Coney Island amusement park took a battering and outlying beaches were swamped.

    There was heavy flooding along the low-lying south shore of Long Island where high tides, rain and ocean surge drove waves right up against expensive beach houses. Floods were also reported far inland after torrential rain.

    At least 18 deaths were blamed on the storm, which first slammed into North Carolina on Saturday as a Category One hurricane, before turning north up the coast and weakening.

    The youngest victim, an 11-year-old boy, died when a tree crashed through his apartment building in Newport News, Virginia.

    Jose Miranda, director of Eqecat Inc., a catastrophic risk management firm from Oakland, California, told The Los Angeles Times that the storm could cost insurers from $1.5 billion to $3 billion to cover claims for damaged homes, vehicles and businesses.

    Total damage, including uninsured losses, could range from $5 billion to $7 billion, he said.

    By comparison, Hurricane Katrina which flooded much of New Orleans in 2005, reportedly cost more than $70 billion in insured losses alone, the paper noted.

    "I think the damage is much less severe than had been feared and the economic impact will, therefore, be a lot smaller than people predicted," The Times quoted Mark Zandi, chief economist at research firm Moody's Analytics, as saying.

    The Federal Aviation Administration announced that New York area airports -- John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia and Newark -- would reopen on Monday. More than 10,000 flights were cancelled across the eastern United States.

    The New York Stock Exchange said it was set to reopen as normal Monday morning.

    "The good news is the worst is over and we will soon return to restore and return mode," New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, announcing that 370,000 people ordered to evacuate could now go back home.

    More than a million evacuees in New Jersey were also headed home, Christie said.

    City officials however warned that commuting into New York could be a nightmare this week with no firm indication of when public transport would be back on track following an unprecedented shut-down just ahead of the hurricane.

    "You're going to have a tough commute in the morning," mass transit chairman Jay Walder said.

    Walder said buses could start running soon, but subway trains needed extensive testing of lines and equipment.

    Irene also left swaths of territory without power, including one million in New York state, most of them on Long Island, according to Cuomo.

    In New Jersey, 650,000 people had lost power supplies, while in the greater Washington area, nearly two million people lost electricity. In Massachusetts, 500,000 customers were without power.

    Virginia's Governor Bob McDonnell told MSNBC his state had seen the second biggest power outage in its history.

    "It's going to be days, perhaps a week, before all the power's restored. We just ask people to be patient," he said.

    About 200,000 households have lost power in Canada, officials said.

    Some 65 million people live in the urban corridor from Washington north to Boston. More than 4.5 million customers lost power in that area and well inland.



    God Blessings to all. Amen .
    Last edited by CWH; 08-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    The disaster in September seems to shift to Asia from the USA. Countries such as Thailand, Pakistan, China and Japan are affected by floods and destruction from storms and typhoons. Millions will be affected by loss of properties, power, food, evacuation and some death. Wonder what's next?

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Pakistan.html

    http://www.usatoday.com/weather/stor...oon/50487654/1


    May God bless Asia, Amen
    Last edited by CWH; 09-21-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,114
    Ram to CWH
    So you're saying that you simply made an honest mistake? And you want me to believe you? OK - I suppose I can do that. But I hope you understand the logical implications of your choice. You have been debating with Preterists on this forum for YEARS. I know, because I was one of them. And I know that we have explained the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth to you many times. Therefore, if it is true that you simply "made a mistake" then I have no option but to conclude that you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. Now if you think its better to appear to be stupid rather than a liar, then fine, I'll accept your assertion that you are an idiot.
    Brother Les

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Ram to CWH
    So you're saying that you simply made an honest mistake? And you want me to believe you? OK - I suppose I can do that. But I hope you understand the logical implications of your choice. You have been debating with Preterists on this forum for YEARS. I know, because I was one of them. And I know that we have explained the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth to you many times. Therefore, if it is true that you simply "made a mistake" then I have no option but to conclude that you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. Now if you think its better to appear to be stupid rather than a liar, then fine, I'll accept your assertion that you are an idiot.
    One of those stupid tactics used in debates. To declare someone stupidiest is to boast that he himself is the cleverest.

    Oh. I forgot to mention about the disastrous earthquake at the Himalayas affecting India, Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet. Funny, it's also followed by a storm making rescue difficult. Earthquake seems to relate to weather pattern.

    Boast for God not for self! Amen.
    Last edited by CWH; 09-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,114
    CWH????

    Why would you put in the post "quote from Brother Les"...? There is nothing in that post that I said.

    Fix it.

    The 'quote' is from Ram to you.... stating

    Ram to CWH
    So you're saying that you simply made an honest mistake? And you want me to believe you? OK - I suppose I can do that. But I hope you understand the logical implications of your choice. You have been debating with Preterists on this forum for YEARS. I know, because I was one of them. And I know that we have explained the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth to you many times. Therefore, if it is true that you simply "made a mistake" then I have no option but to conclude that you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. Now if you think its better to appear to be stupid rather than a liar, then fine, I'll accept your assertion that you are an idiot.

    I just happen to agree with Rams observation of you on this subject.
    Brother Les

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    CWH????

    Why would you put in the post "quote from Brother Les"...? There is nothing in that post that I said.

    Fix it.

    The 'quote' is from Ram to you.... stating




    I just happen to agree with Rams observation of you on this subject.
    Already fixed.

    No difference of an accomplice to a smear campaign.


    Boast for God, Amen.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    So you're saying that you simply made an honest mistake? And you want me to believe you? OK - I suppose I can do that. But I hope you understand the logical implications of your choice. You have been debating with Preterists on this forum for YEARS. I know, because I was one of them. And I know that we have explained the Preterist interpretation of the New Heaven and New Earth to you many times. Therefore, if it is true that you simply "made a mistake" then I have no option but to conclude that you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. Now if you think its better to appear to be stupid rather than a liar, then fine, I'll accept your assertion that you are an idiot.
    One of those stupid tactics used in debates. To declare someone stupidiest is to boast that he himself is the cleverest.

    Oh. I forgot to mention about the disastrous earthquake at the Himalayas affecting India, Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet. Funny, it's also followed by a storm making rescue difficult. Earthquake seems to relate to weather pattern.

    Boast for God not for self! Amen.
    Quit trying to bury the truth with meaningless words. I didn't "declare" that you were the stupidest - I said that your response restricted me to concluding either that you are a liar or very stupid. So which is it? I was being charitable when I said you were stupid, since being a liar is a moral failing. But I think you and I both know that you willfully and deliberately misrepresented the Preterist position, and if that's not lying, what is it?

    But then again ... lying about the Preterist position to folks on this forum who have been discussing it with you for years truly is very very stupid, so I guess you could just be a stupid liar.

    So why don't you choose to do something smart and honest? Just admit that you wrote some really stupid crap about the Preterist position, apologize, and we can forget the whole incident.

    All the best.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •