And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God

Micah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    ..by Charles W. Slemming

Has anyone read this?
    Hi Abigail,

Glad you stopped by for a visit, its been a while.

I've never seen that book, but it looks interesting. I am convinced that the pattern of the Tabernacle reveals much Divine Wisdom, since it was designed by God himself. For example, in the heart of the Tabernacle was the Holy of Holies, which held the Ark, which held the Ten Commandments and the Manna, both of which are symbols of God's Word. Thus, the Word of God was "made flesh" and "tabernacled" amongst us in the wilderness. In other words, the Tabernacle was prophetic of Christ, just as John revealed in Chapter 2: "He spake of the temple of his body."

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hi Abigail,

Glad you stopped by for a visit, its been a while.

I've never seen that book, but it looks interesting. I am convinced that the pattern of the Tabernacle reveals much Divine Wisdom, since it was designed by God himself. For example, in the heart of the Tabernacle was the Holy of Holies, which held the Ark, which held the Ten Commandments and the Manna, both of which are symbols of God's Word. Thus, the Word of God was "made flesh" and "tabernacled" amongst us in the wilderness. In other words, the Tabernacle was prophetic of Christ, just as John revealed in Chapter 2: "He spake of the temple of his body."

Richard
    We have just finished the summer holidays here and had a lot of family visiting

Yeah it does look interesting ie from the first page of the first chapter
    The book of Exodus falls naturally into two sections
    ...interesting from a BW perspective since Exodus is book 2
    Chapters 1-19 are occupied with the history of a people in bondage, the birth of a leader, their emancipation and journeyings as far as Sinai Following these chapters come twenty-one more which outline the giving and putting into action, of a threefold law, viz: Moral, Civil and Ceremonial
    I thought these numbers were also interesting 19, 21 (3X7) etc, so it looks interesting

I havent got round to reading it through yet, but hopefully will pretty soon.
    He has told you, O man,what is good;

We have just finished the summer holidays here and had a lot of family visiting

Yeah it does look interesting ie from the first page of the first chapter [The book of Exodus falls naturally into two sections ] ...interesting from a BW perspective since Exodus is book 2
    I thought these numbers were also interesting 19, 21 (3X7) etc, so it looks interesting

I havent got round to reading it through yet, but hopefully will pretty soon.
    Hi Abigail!

I can see why "The book of Exodus falls naturally into two sections" might strike you, but actually, the book seems to fall more naturally into three sections as oulined by J. S. Baxter:

SON I. The Exodus (i - xviii)
    WORDII. The Law (xix - xxiv)
    HOUSE III. The Tabernacle (xxv - xl)

The thing so amazing here is that the words Son and House are Bet KeyWords Ben and Bayit, and "Word" is a title of the Second Person of the Trinity, God the Son. I talk about this on Spoke 2 in the Bible Wheel book, and online in an article called The Structure of Exodus.

Be sure to let us know if you find anything else interesting in it. As I said, I know that the pattern of the Tabernacle is filled with divine wisdom.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hi Abigail!

I can see why "The book of Exodus falls naturally into two sections" might strike you, but actually, the book seems to fall more naturally into three sections as oulined by J. S. Baxter:

SON I. The Exodus (i - xviii)
    WORDII. The Law (xix - xxiv)
    HOUSE III. The Tabernacle (xxv - xl)

The thing so amazing here is that the words Son and House are Bet KeyWords Ben and Bayit, and "Word" is a title of the Second Person of the Trinity, God the Son. I talk about this on Spoke 2 in the Bible Wheel book, and online in an article called The Structure of Exodus.
    I'll bear this in mind when reading
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    Be sure to let us know if you find anything else interesting in it. As I said, I know that the pattern of the Tabernacle is filled with divine wisdom.
    Yes I will. It will probably be November-ish before I get down to really digging about in the book ...but I'll definitely post on this thread and run it by the rest of you guys and girls

Richard[/QUOTE]

So I am reading this book but have got side-tracked. In the chapter on silver sockets, a good deal of the silver was from the coins paid when Moses numbered the sons of Israel. This money was 'atonement money' Anyway I then looked at the account where David numbered the fighting men which in turn got me reading a book by FF Bruce 'Israel and the Nations'.

Now in 'Israel and the Nations' Bruce says that it was with Solomon that horses became kept in largish numbers (David had horses but seemed to have kept these only for military purposes). Apparantly this was development was criticized by the prophets. Bruce notes that:
    'The men who owned horses - the chivalry or the 'knights' - were accorded a higher rank than citizens who did not posses horses, and this social change endangered the free equality of Israel's covenental constitution'

When I read this I thought it was strange since we are equal because we are made in the image of God and not on the basis of us all having the same possesions. But apparantly 'earlier rulers in Israel had ridden on white donkeys' and David on a mule. In the Gospels we have Jesus entering Jerusalem on a donkey. Does anyone know anything about this horse/donkey thing

So I am reading this book but have got side-tracked. In the chapter on silver sockets, a good deal of the silver was from the coins paid when Moses numbered the sons of Israel. This money was 'atonement money' Anyway I then looked at the account where David numbered the fighting men which in turn got me reading a book by FF Bruce 'Israel and the Nations'.

Now in 'Israel and the Nations' Bruce says that it was with Solomon that horses became kept in largish numbers (David had horses but seemed to have kept these only for military purposes). Apparantly this was development was criticized by the prophets. Bruce notes that:
    'The men who owned horses - the chivalry or the 'knights' - were accorded a higher rank than citizens who did not posses horses, and this social change endangered the free equality of Israel's covenental constitution'

When I read this I thought it was strange since we are equal because we are made in the image of God and not on the basis of us all having the same possesions. But apparantly 'earlier rulers in Israel had ridden on white donkeys' and David on a mule. In the Gospels we have Jesus entering Jerusalem on a donkey. Does anyone know anything about this horse/donkey thing
    Well, I'm pretty sure that the Horse is a sign of "Rulership" and the Donkey (Ass) is a sign of "Humility." That's why Jesus the King road in on a donkey .... indeed, that is exactly what the text says:

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
    And then we see the corresponding opposite image when He conquers all and returns on His White Horse:

Revelation 19:11-12 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information