Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hand-Eye Coordination

The Hebrew word yada means "to know." It is Strong's # 3046:

ידע yada` {yaw-dah'} a primitive root; TWOT - 848; v AV - know 645, known 105, knowledge 19, perceive 18, shew 17, tell 8, wist 7, understand 7, certainly 7, acknowledge 6, acquaintance 6, consider 6, declare 6, teach 5, misc 85; 947 1) to know 1a) (Qal) 1a1) to know 1a1a) to know, learn to know 1a1b) to perceive 1a1c) to perceive and see, find out and discern 1a1d) to discriminate, distinguish 1a1e) to know by experience 1a1f) to recognise, admit, acknowledge, confess 1a1g) to consider 1a2) to know, be acquainted with 1a3) to know (a person carnally) 1a4) to know how, be skilful in 1a5) to have knowledge, be wise 1b) (Niphal) 1b1) to be made known, be or become known, be revealed 1b2) to make oneself known 1b3) to be perceived 1b4) to be instructed 1c) (Piel) to cause to know 1d) (Poal) to cause to know 1e) (Pual) 1e1) to be known 1e2) known, one known, acquaintance (participle) 1f) (Hiphil) to make known, declare 1g) (Hophal) to be made known 1h) (Hithpael) to make oneself known, reveal oneself
    The word "yada" can be broken down into the word יד (yad = hand) suffixed with the letter ע (ayin = eye). This is why the Hebrew word is so profound. To "know" in Hebrew is both tangible (hand) and visual (eye).

I have more to say, but don't have time right now.

Comments welcome!

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi Richard,

Codebreaker just loaned me a book I always wanted : "The WIsdom in the Hebrew Alphabet" - The Sacred Letters as a Guide to Jewish Deed and Thought.

"AYIN" = THE SYMBOL OF SIGHT AND INSIGHT - very appropriate!

"As the origin of sight, "AYIN" reveals more to man than any of the other four senses. As the Midrash puts it, there are two hundred fourtyeight organs in the human body, and their movements are directed by the eyes. The eye is the window of the brain, since it is through the sense of sight that man perceives external impressions that he then internalizes, enabling him to understand them more thoroughly." That sums it up quite nicely, hey?

Just looking through this amazing book - the first letter I studied was Chapter Seven : ZAYIN - The Symbol of Spirit, Sustenance and Struggle.
    Which of course is linked to the Creation story - "God created the universe in six days and rested on the SEVENTH", at it were. Then I came across this interesting tidbit:

"The eminence of the letter Zayin signifying the spiritual nucleus of all action and existence is symbolized by the SEVEN SHEPHERDS (Micah 5:4) who will lead the battle to bring about the promised redemption of the Children of Israel : David (expressing the Messianic monarchy) will stand in the center; Adam, Seth and Methuselah (representing mankind as a whole) will flank him on its right; and Abraham, Jacob and Moses (representing the shepherds of Israel) will stand at his left (Succah 52b) Ein Yaakov). Interestingly the book says Abraham, Jacob and Moses leaving out Isaac). It mentions that because of Yom Kippur's greater restrictions on labor, this day is called a DAY OF COMPLETE REST (Leviticus 23:32) - the Sabbath above all other Sabbath which will start next Friday sundown - 9/21/2007 -ending with the Neilah service which brings Yom Kippur to its conclusion with the sevenfold proclamation of HASHEM IS GOD. - 7th day, 7th Letter, 7 Festival days when work is forbidden of which Yom Kippur is the highest, the Sabbath is also considered the "Seventh Heaven", waiting for the Seven Shepherds...(see above) God is so precise yet so mysterious at the same time. So much for the 7th Letter on the Hebrew Alphabet.

The next letter I'll comment on will be MEM - - the 13th Letter - 13 is also a fascinating number. This is what Chapter 13 of this book says : "Mem - The Symbol of the Revealed and the Concealed; Moses and Messiah" - So similar to "In the Old concealed, In the New Revealed" - Y'shua Ha-Maschiach!

The Gematria of "Mem" is 40 - 40 is an important number for the Jewish People - Moses spent 40 days and 40 nights on the mountain to receive the Second Tablets. "This fortieth day will be a day of atonement and forgiveness for you and your children to the end of all generations." That day, the tenth of Tishrei, was established as Yom Kippur, the permanent Day of Atonement. Moses lived 3 x 40 yers = 120 years, as well as Hillel, Rabban Yochanan ben Zakkai and R'Akiva - At forty years, one attaisn insight (Avos 5:21) - and I was 40 years old when I accepted Jesus / Y'shua as my LORD AND SAVIOR and I have never looked back. May God's hidden plan be revealed and may He guide all who are searching and who are willing to follow HIS LEAD to the PROMISED LAND - A LAND FLOWING WITH MILK AND HONEY!

Shalom to all, especially Peace to Jerusalem & the Holy Land -
    Monique (Mem - Concealed - then Revealed)
    SHalom to you Richard for this Forum - May it bless many souls !
    White
    "According to the law almost everything is purified by blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrews 9:22

"Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow" Psalm 51:9

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Hi Richard,

Codebreaker just loaned me a book I always wanted : "The WIsdom in the Hebrew Alphabet" - The Sacred Letters as a Guide to Jewish Deed and Thought.

"AYIN" = THE SYMBOL OF SIGHT AND INSIGHT - very appropriate!
    Hi Monique!

Glad you found time for a visit. I think Rabbi Munk's book The Wisdom in the Hebrew Alphabet is probably the best book on the topic written by a Jew. I found it very useful when researching for the Bible Wheel book. That also is one reason I expect the Bible Wheel to be such a powerful witness to the Jews - they know the meanings of the 22 letters, and so they will be able to see (God willing) the divine perfection of how He designed His Word on the pattern of the Hebrew alphabet. For example, they ALL know that the 18th letter Tzaddi is a symbol of Righteiousness. When they see that this manifests with perfect clarity in the content of the Books on Spoke 18, they will (if God so grants) be able to see the divine design of the Christian Bible and so overcome the many stumbling stones that hinders them from receiving God's Word.

"As the origin of sight, "AYIN" reveals more to man than any of the other four senses. As the Midrash puts it, there are two hundred fourtyeight organs in the human body, and their movements are directed by the eyes. The eye is the window of the brain, since it is through the sense of sight that man perceives external impressions that he then internalizes, enabling him to understand them more thoroughly." That sums it up quite nicely, hey?
    Sure does! That's part of the explanation of the "Land of Uz" - the setting of Job. Here's how I explained it in the Bible Wheel book:

The Lord God is the Master Teller of Eternal Tales. He set the historical parable of Job "in the land of Uz" to direct the careful reader to its purpose, point, and proper interpretation. The name Uz is an exact pun on the verb utz, (often transliterated as uz) which means take counsel. The renowned twelfth century Rabbi Moses Maimonides commented on this word and its relation to the Book of Job in his classic Guide for the Perplexed (pg 296):
    First, consider the words "There was a man in the land of Uz." The term Uz has different meanings; it is used as a proper noun. It is also the imperative of the verb Uz "to take advice." Comp. uzu "to take counsel" (Isa. 8:10). The name Uz therefore expresses the exhortation to consider well this lesson, study it, grasp its ideas, and comprehend them, in order to see which is the right view.
    The relation of utz (take counsel) to the meaning of its constituent letters is easily discerned from its simplest cognate, the qal perfect atz (to advise or give counsel). It consists only of the letters Ayin and Tzaddi. They combine to form a lucid Word Picture. The sixteenth letter Ayin denotes the eye, a symbol of Vision and Insight (BW book pg 293), and since Tzaddi represents righteousness, the word atz (to give counsel) suggests an Eye for Justice, Righteous Insight, a Just View, or Insight into Righteousness. This is, of course, exactly what wise counsel would be, and it is what Maimonides meant by the "right view" implied by the "land of Uz." All of this integrates with the essential point of Job as a Divine parable designed to give insight into the exceedingly difficult theology of the Problem of Evil, the Suffering of the Righteous, and the Justice of God. Job is one long object lesson – a Divine Counsel – on the Wisdom of God's Righteousness. Scholars call it a theodicy This link takes you off the Bible Wheel site and opens a new window.
    This is the amazing power of the Bible Wheel as a witness to the Jews. I could illustrate the meaning of every Spoke by doing nothing but analysing the letters and quoting famous Rabbis!

Shalom to all, especially Peace to Jerusalem & the Holy Land -
    Monique (Mem - Concealed - then Revealed)
    SHalom to you Richard for this Forum - May it bless many souls !
    White
    Thanks for the insights and the prayer my friend.

God bless!

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information