Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
  1. #41
    Richard..

    I don't believe they are discrediting the Bible so much as confirming it.

    These prophets wrote what the Lord gave them, they wrote what THEY saw. They did not just lie and pretend to have seen these things but 'really copied it from pagan myth'.

    The fallen angel did go in to the human women..


    Wickedness in the World
    1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the 'sons of God' saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
    4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

    5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

    ...you do not believe this verse??

    ...don't believe that God showed Himself back in BC as well as in Revelations?? Just because one prophet saw Him back then..then another prophet is up on plagarism charges?? Oh dear!!
    Last edited by Sharon; 10-25-2011 at 06:36 AM.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Richard..

    There are many people that were visited by God in the Old Scripts and hence, shown many things 'of wonder' that they tried to record as best they can. Would it be so hard as to believe that God still visits His people today..or did that only occur back then?? I can say for fact that these visits still take place and many are being shown more of the 'hidden' Knowledge that is wovwn throughout the Word. Unfortunately for them (but that is the only unfortunate thing about it) is that they have the proof for themselves and can only plant the seeds for others. Having said that, I would like to address the point you made about hybrids. Yes, indeed, this is happening. God Himself had 'creatures' with the head of an eagle but body of a man (and so on) with the 'creature that had very HIGH RIMS AND EYES FLASHING ALL AROUND IT'. (Just remember the man describing this 'creature' had NEVER seen a light bulb!!). Then we have the Book of Enoch..where he describes seeing the half human half animal creatures..ie..the head of an animal and the body of a man and visa versa. THEN..we have the serpent in the garden of eden who WAS UPRIGHT as God then cursed him to slither on his stomach.
    THEN..we have the scorpion beings in REV. who invade the earth..those creatures having the human face, tail of a scorpion, teeth of a lion.

    THEEEENN..we have those people today who are coming forward with 'secret information' about the genetic experiments that are allegedly taking place underground. The reptillians were thought to be a big joke when first mentioned but just read this small verse from Enoch...

    XLII.
    Of how Enoch saw the key-holders and guards of the gates of hell standing.

    'SAW the key-holders and guards of the gates of hell standing, like great serpents, and their faces like extinguished lamps, and their eyes of fire, their sharp teeth, and I saw all the Lord's works, how they are right, while the works of man are some good, and others bad,.....'

    I remember reading a very old script which, I think, was arabic. This script went on to speak of having 'the scorpion beings' present in those days. Now read about the 'scorpion described' beings in REV. and see if that doesn't sound like an invasion of another species.

    God said that His mysteries will be revealed. What I have learnt is to just listen..no matter how outragious or unbelievable it is..just keep it in mind and eventually He will show the Truth. A lot of the conspiracy theories have proven to be correct.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orbiz10j-9k

    Here is one vid. that is quite interesting..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8flxG...65F4F2304776DC
    Good morning Sharon,

    It seems like you don't understand symbolic language. The Bible and many other books, both ancient and modern, use fantastic animals as symbols. For example, Daniel's vision of the four creatures and his vision of the four kingdoms represented as a statue. Obviously, the countries so represented were not actually shaped like the animals or the man. Those were just symbols. Neither is there any reason to believe that the four cherubim around the throne of God are literal creatures. Symbols, symbols, symbols. I thought this was obvious to everyone.

    And it seems to me it's a lot easier to make up a story about angels and demons than to actually meet them!

    You ask if it would be "so hard as to believe that God still visits His people today..or did that only occur back then??" - I answer YES YES YES! It is nearly impossible to believe that God is doing anything like that. The stories read like the mythology that was merely invented by creative writers. It can be very interesting to study to learn about human psychology, but to think it represents literal history of alien encounters? No way. I see no reason to believe any of that. Don't you think its a bit odd that such reports flourish only when they cannot be confirmed? Why is there no evidence? No remnants of alien bones or space crafts? No skelitons of Big Foot. No remnants of Noah's ark. It's all fiction!

    Have you heard of Occam's razor? It basically says that the simplest solution that accounts for all the facts is the most likely solution to be true. All smart people understand and use this principle. And in this case, the solution I have proposed - that its all fiction - is by far the simplest and as yet I have never been shown any EVIDENCE that would suggest it is not the true solution.

    I'm really glad you brought this up since the whole world is being engulfed with a wierd fascination for space aliens. This is largely the medias fault. They are selling shows like "Ancient Aliens" and "Monster Quest" and all that to make money off gullible people.

    Great chatting,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #43
    This is where the verse ..'it is a wicked generation that asks for proof'..ie..those who do not have the 'contact' NEED the proof..because that is all they have to go on.

    Where is it written that ALL are symbolic?? Where is it written that it is ONLY symbolic??

    I remember speaking to an old man about the first Time that he saw a real car..told me that they were terrified and ran behind something to hide as they saw this 'big creature with two eyes at the front' just roar up. They were kids.

    Now read this description from someone who had fire on a stick for light...

    15 Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with its four faces. 16 The appearance of the wheels and their workings was like the color of beryl, and all four had the same likeness. The appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. 17 When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went. 18 As for their rims, they were so high they were awesome; and their rims were full of eyes, all around the four of them. 19 When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. 20 Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went; and the wheels were lifted together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures[c]was in the wheels. 21 When those went, these went; when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures[d]was in the wheels.
    22 The likeness of the firmament above the heads of the living creatures[e]was like the color of an awesome crystal, stretched out over their heads. 23 And under the firmament their wings spread out straight, one toward another. Each one had two which covered one side, and each one had two which covered the other side of the body. 24 When they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of many waters, like the voice of the Almighty, a tumult like the noise of an army; and when they stood still, they let down their wings. 25 A voice came from above the firmament that was over their heads; whenever they stood, they let down their wings.
    26 And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. 27 Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.


    I think most of us have come far enought to know what that is describing!!


    I'll post this again and say...I don't think everyone believes that the 'whole alien thing' is a load of fiction..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orbiz10j-9k
    Last edited by Sharon; 10-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    This is where the verse ..'it is a wicked generation that asks for proof'..ie..those who do not have the 'contact' NEED the proof..because that is all they have to go on.
    Ha! Too bad God left out the verse that says "This stupid and gullible generation will accept no proof that their imaginations are vain!"

    Without proof, how are your beliefs any different than the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny?

    And besides, there is no verse like the one you suggest. The actual verse speaks of a "sign" which is different than the modern concept of "proof." The scientific method didn't exist back then, remember?

    And according to the Christ himself, the presence of the Son of God was all the proof they needed. This was not an instruction that we should believe every fable told by every fool.

    And what was the world like when everyone was superstitious and ignorant and beleived what they were told without any "proof?" It was a nasty place. You could get a scratch and die from gangrene. There were no antibiotics, and God was quite reticent then as now to answer prayers!

    Why do you glory in ignoance and superstition as if it were the very Word of God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Where is it written that ALL are symbolic?? Where is it written that it is ONLY symbolic??
    It's not "written" because it is understood by those with understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I remember speaking to an old man about the first Time that he saw a real car..told me that they were terrified and ran behind something to hide as they saw this 'big creature with two eyes at the front' just roar up. They were kids.

    Now read this description from someone who had fire on a stick for light...

    15 Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with its four faces. 16 The appearance of the wheels and their workings was like the color of beryl, and all four had the same likeness. The appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. 17 When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went. 18 As for their rims, they were so high they were awesome; and their rims were full of eyes, all around the four of them. 19 When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. 20 Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went; and the wheels were lifted together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures[c]was in the wheels. 21 When those went, these went; when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures[d]was in the wheels.
    22 The likeness of the firmament above the heads of the living creatures[e]was like the color of an awesome crystal, stretched out over their heads. 23 And under the firmament their wings spread out straight, one toward another. Each one had two which covered one side, and each one had two which covered the other side of the body. 24 When they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of many waters, like the voice of the Almighty, a tumult like the noise of an army; and when they stood still, they let down their wings. 25 A voice came from above the firmament that was over their heads; whenever they stood, they let down their wings.
    26 And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. 27 Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.


    I think most of us have come far enought to know what that is describing!!
    Right ... Ezekiel's "visions of God" were really visions of space aliens in their space ship. Brilliant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I'll post this again and say...I don't think everyone believes that the 'whole alien thing' is a load of fiction..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orbiz10j-9k
    That's the third time you posted that link. Does it contain anything but words? Does it give me an evidence? If not, what good is it?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #45
    'Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from[d] the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.'

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    'Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from[d] the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.'
    And this is supposed to justify your belief in pagan mythology and foolish superstitions?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #47
    With the first coming of Jesus, He brought with Him a new way, a New Testament. The people who believed that 'they knew better' then cursed at Him and would not accept what He was trying to show them. They trusted in their own beliefs and closed their eyes and ears to Him, eventually killing Him.

    Now we have His second coming approaching and, again, He is opening up the Scripts to new information and is doing so in the Spiritual communication..(as that was a gift from His first visit)..BUT, there are still those who will turn from the information and revealing of His Mysteries, because they believe they know more. There are some that are scared of being deceived, scared of being 'taken for a fool', being scared of offending God (just as some of the Jews thought they would offend if they believed Jesus) and there are some that are just scared...but as much as they don't want to believe, there are some of us out here that are being 'visited' and are being 'shown' and have 'witnessed' the awesomness of being in His Presence.

    Myself and my sons have partaken in technology way beyond what this earth has to offer and been shown, and had confirmed, answers to the questions we have asked of Him. I have witnessed Time manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis..I have been taken in the Spirit (what one would refer to today as an OBE) and have been in the actual Presence of the Lord. So I KNOW that these prophets speak of the many things that they have witnessed also and relate to the humility that consumes one in this place.

    So, instead of trying to disprove the writings of many prophets just because you haven't had the experience, why don't you follow the Lord's suggestion..ie..'A wise man is quick to listen..slow to speak' and you may find that the Truth will shine bright when you need it to..that He will show what is myth but still give Knowledge from it..because 'even the darkness is Light to Him'!!
    Last edited by Sharon; 10-25-2011 at 08:33 PM.

  8. #48
    There are many 'superstitions' that have actually derived from His Word. For example..not eating pork...not transferring blood..not eating an animal that is dead. All these things have, in some cases, brought on superstitions and mis-interpretations when all the Lord was doing was protecting the people from diseases and sickness. The people back than did not have labs and testing equipment ect. Would you eat an animal that was already dead today?? Why not..because it is more than likely diseased. Would you tranfer/drink blood without testing it today. No!! Why??..because it could be diseased. How much bacteria has pork got in it!!?? Now we have been informed (as in the New Testament) that no food is denied...that it is clean to eat now. (although I do not mock those who still prefer not to eat it).

    There is a 'freedom' that the Lord has given some that are in understanding of His ways. For example..a believer in God..ie...one who would not accept any false deity over Him..would it be wrong for this person to enter a temple of a false god and eat of the food sacrificed to it?? The answer is no..unless the person is in doubt of his/her actions.

    1 Corinthians 8
    Be Sensitive to Conscience
    1 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. 2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
    4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
    7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.
    9 But beware lest somehow this freedom of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.
    Last edited by Sharon; 10-25-2011 at 08:53 PM.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    With the first coming of Jesus, He brought with Him a new way, a New Testament. The people who believed that 'they knew better' then cursed at Him and would not accept what He was trying to show them. They trusted in their own beliefs and closed their eyes and ears to Him, eventually killing Him.
    What are you talking about? I haven't been cursing you! It just so happens that I don't agree with you, and I expressed that fact rather bluntly. Is that some big crime in your world? I find it ironic that you don't recognize the symmetry of the situation - you've bluntly declared you don't agree with me! So why is it OK for you to reject my ideas so vehemently and so blatantly, but its akin to blasphemy for me to reject yours?

    You seem just a tad imbalanced, ya know?

    I mean, you come storming in here with proclamations about space aliens, time manipulation, the "mark of the beast" microchips and every other fringe idea that can be dredged up from the bowels of the internet, and then you liken yourself to Christ bringing us blind cretans the "new way?" Excuse me for asking, but do you have any clue as to how arrogant, ignorant, and downright nuts you appear to be? Do the words "megalomaniac" and "wackjob" mean anything to you?

    You know nothing of my "beliefs" yet you set yourself up as judge and jury and liken me to a blasphemer here on my own forum? Do you have any self-awareness at all?

    But I am glad you are here speaking freely. It will help others see how very liberal I am. I allow folks to speak their minds freely without censorshp --- until they cross the line of course. And what is that line? It's pretty obvious. If you become unreachable and refuse to respond to reason, then I might kick you out. But you have no worries right now. You have to be pretty deliberate in your attempt to get kicked out before I would do that. I always give lots of warnings, and I'm very reasonable and forgiving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Now we have His second coming approaching and, again, He is opening up the Scripts to new information and is doing so in the Spiritual communication..(as that was a gift from His first visit)..BUT, there are still those who will turn from the information and revealing of His Mysteries, because they believe they know more. There are some that are scared of being deceived, scared of being 'taken for a fool', being scared of offending God (just as some of the Jews thought they would offend if they believed Jesus) and there are some that are just scared...but as much as they don't want to believe, there are some of us out here that are being 'visited' and are being 'shown' and have 'witnessed' the awesomness of being in His Presence.
    Ah yes. My favorite modern prophecy meme. God is "opening up the Scriptures to reveal new knowledge!" That was Harold Camping's primary claim to fame. He convinced his mindless zombie followers that God had hidden all sorts of "new truths" in the Bible that wouldn't be revealed until the "end times." It says so in Daniel! All True Believers would now find their eyes opended to these new truths that God was revealing through Harold Egbert Camping, a humble Bible teacher. New truths like the MANY INFALLIBLE PROOFS (from the Bible!) that the Rapture and worldwide cataclysmic judgment would happen on May 21, 2011! Millions would die. It was impossible that he could be wrong. The Bible guaranteed it! He bilked gullible Christians out of 80 MILLION DOLLARS in just five years! It costs a lot of many to put up billboards all around the world ...



    What a load of mindless crap! And you want me to just open my mind to all the septic sludge that you've sucked from the bottom of the intellectual sewers of the internet? Give me a break! I do have a brain, you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Myself and my sons have partaken in technology way beyond what this earth has to offer and been shown, and had confirmed, answers to the questions we have asked of Him. I have witnessed Time manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis..I have been taken in the Spirit (what one would refer to today as an OBE) and have been in the actual Presence of the Lord. So I KNOW that these prophets speak of the many things that they have witnessed also and relate to the humility that consumes one in this place.
    Bullshit. Nobody who has really been in the presence of the Lord would display such boundless arrogance as you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    So, instead of trying to disprove the writings of many prophets just because you haven't had the experience, why don't you follow the Lord's suggestion..ie..'A wise man is quick to listen..slow to speak' and you may find that the Truth will shine bright when you need it to..that He will show what is myth but still give Knowledge from it..because 'even the darkness is Light to Him'!!
    You know nothing of the experiences I have had. This reveals your gross arrogance. You pass judgment with no knowledge. You would do well to take your own advice.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    There are many 'superstitions' that have actually derived from His Word. For example..not eating pork...not transferring blood..not eating an animal that is dead. All these things have, in some cases, brought on superstitions and mis-interpretations when all the Lord was doing was protecting the people from diseases and sickness. The people back than did not have labs and testing equipment ect. Would you eat an animal that was already dead today?? Why not..because it is more than likely diseased. Would you tranfer/drink blood without testing it today. No!! Why??..because it could be diseased. How much bacteria has pork got in it!!?? Now we have been informed (as in the New Testament) that no food is denied...that it is clean to eat now. (although I do not mock those who still prefer not to eat it).
    Hi Sharon,

    I have a question. If as you say, the reason that certain foods like pork, and blood were considered unclean was because of carrying diseases which could not be tested as we do today...then why did the rules suddenly change in the first century under the New Covenant? First century folk had no better ways of testing food then their ancestors did, but instantly all foods were considered clean. What's up with that?

    All the Best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •